Video of California's DoJ confiscation squad in action

Apparently, a search warrant was signed by a judge after the owner tried to register a firearm. They found a lower with a buffer tube on it.

I don't have any other details.

So, according to many here...exactly how many cops were going to stand up for our rights??? Thought so...

They are wearing masks for supposed health concern but yet walk all over the house with the same shoes they wore in the bathroom stall at the coffee shop. As a side note, I hate the American flag with the blue line replacing the original flag. The flag should not be manipulated and is a violation of the US Flag code.

So, according to many here...exactly how many cops were going to stand up for our rights??? Thought so...
unless folks will start forming _legal_ local militias and get organized and deputized like in some places in south - you can forget about your so called 'rights'.
any hypothetical right means nothing if it is not enforceable.
and a constitution also means nothing at all if it is superseded by a locally enforced ordinance.

Thinking about an alternative take on this.

Guy registers lower with CA DO or whatever.
Some Ass. to the Assistant DA trying to get a promotion makes a list of whoever is not in compliance with their unconstitutional law
They obtain a search warrant from the Court for this list of citizens
Ass DA tells local police chief "execute this order" maybe even an activist chief
Patrol officers get deployed and no choice in the matter

I don't think anyone could have asked for better behavior on behalf of the patrol officers. They were polite, did not destroy his house, and were respectful the whole time.
NES would say they could refuse to participate, and defy the chief but come on really? They have a mortgage too and are the lowest on the totem pole there.
They get screwed either way.

Some Ass. to the Assistant DA trying to get a promotion makes a list of whoever is not in compliance with their unconstitutional law
Ass DA tells local police chief "execute this order" maybe even an activist chief

I don't think anyone could have asked for better behavior on behalf of the patrol officers. They were polite, did not destroy his house, and were respectful the whole time.
NES would say they could refuse to participate, and defy the chief but come on really? They have a mortgage too and are the lowest on the totem pole there.

I've left jobs for moral reasons.
If the one I have now asks me to do something dishonest , i'm walking out of this one too.
And believe me, my chances of sainthood in this lifetime are about nil.
A person willing to destroy another decent humans life and their family's for no good reason other than a dental plan, richly deserves every shitty thing that karma throws their way.
F*ck that "Just following orders " bullshit.
It's what the weak of mind and soul use for an excuse.

true. that's why they need to be defunded. We can make the choice for them.

I just watched this (only once 'cuz couldn't a second time without boredom or rage setting in) and read through this tread...

Am I missing something...
  1. Guy attempts to register his block of aluminum, apparently as requested by .Gov...
  2. .Gov decides to issue a search warrant and confirm it is a block of aluminum...
  3. .Gov literally goes through guys house with a half dozen robots to find block of aluminum with women and children present like it's no big deal...
  4. Robots find block of aluminum and confirm it is, in fact, a block of aluminum with no evil features
  5. Robots leave with a thank you receipt
  6. .Gov apparently satisfied for now
What am I missing? 🤔

And if I'm not missing anything:
  1. I and my LGS FFL register a new rifle I just bought
  2. .GOV pulls a warrant to search my house
  3. Robots show up at 0600 on Sunday while I'm in my jammies and potentially rip my house apart unless I help them find said rifle
  4. Robots find rifle and confirm it's really a rifle and that I didn't tape my pocket knife to the muzzle
  5. I get a thank you receipt to frame and hang
  6. .Gov apparently satisfied for now but can come back at any time to check on me and my compliant rifle
WHAT THE ACTUAL FAQ! 🤬

[*].Gov apparently satisfied for now but can come back at any time to check on me and my compliant rifle
[/LIST]
WHAT THE ACTUAL FAQ! 🤬
Only one thing you’re missing- a real .gov, feds, can do it without a warrant signed by a judge. Overall, yeah, welcome to the reality.

Mostly reasonable perspective if you want to isolate this particular situation, frame it and monday morning critiique it. Did patrol officers have a conversation with their superiors to express concern? Did superior officers have conversation with the court or DA? "Following orders" is a very convenient, lazy and blame shifting way to excuse yourself. One in which I would argue that 99.9% of all cops disregard at multiple times in their careers. The "thin blue line" is not following orders. Looking the other way is not following orders. If we have a cop culture where patrol officers can shoot a 100% innocent unarmed person from a false swatting call or (insert here any behavior from "serving and protecting" thread) and have zero consequence but can not have a conversation about an unconstitutional order then perhaps following orders needs some type of discussion.

Furthermore, I do not appreciate you condoning or sacrificing my rights, freedoms, safety and security of my family and my ability to pay my mortgage by excusing some other guy following orders. Should we be thankful for the cops for not destroying their house in an unjustified search or should we be discussing the complete failure all around. You seem to want to focus on praising the cops. I will not argue that cops have a difficult position quite often in their careers, but following orders is as pathetic an excuse that I can think of. Maybe if people pressure the patrol officers then they can pressure their superiors who can then pressure the courts or DA's. Change is not going to happen when there is compliance all around.

Legal eagles out there, how can a search warrant be granted with the only evidence being that the guy obeyed the law? (Aside from “because guns”)

Further, does this guy have any grounds for a lawsuit against the state for violation of his 4th amendment rights, because of a search warrant based on zero evidence of wrongdoing?

It's unrealistic for NESers to expect cops
to nope away from executing a search warrant for guns
on the basis that the warrant is unconstitutional.

Unrealistic, because if we ran an NES poll on
Q: Where did Hernando DeSoto seek​
The Original Font of Bad Legal Advice About Guns?​
it would be a dead heat between:
  • Cops.
  • Gun shops.
Besides,
DuMkZQ3V4AAr--8.jpg

Not that there can't be consequences for any/all of that.

Just sayin' that even though my favorite color is purple,
I ain't holding my breath... [shocked]

I've left jobs for moral reasons.
If the one I have now asks me to do something dishonest , i'm walking out of this one too.
And believe me, my chances of sainthood in this lifetime are about nil.
A person willing to destroy another decent humans life and their family's for no good reason other than a dental plan, richly deserves every shitty thing that karma throws their way.
F*ck that "Just following orders " bullshit.
It's what the weak of mind and soul use for an excuse.
Like this guy:

The video cut out before the shootout between the perp and the officials. They stuck around for an hour afterward and waited for him to finish assembling it and then he went all pew pee on them.

very much agree. He handled it WAY better than I would have, I think.

f***ing commie pukes. Do LEO’s even see what they’re doing when they pull shit like this? What a waste of taxpayer dollars.

you Should focus instead on the moronic politicians that you vote into office who have no problem infringing on your rights and putting you under constant harassment. If you live in Mass you have allowed this for years and cower under the hammer or Maura. The police were courteous during the search and were doing what the DA told them to do. While you don’t like it, nor do I to be transparent , you can lose your job when you refuse orders so I cannot blame them. Mass is just California a few years behind. Again it’s because who you vote into office and the little they here from firearm owners.

Some good discussion here. Biggest problem is that people are placing the blame on the patrol officers who are the least culpable in the system. For someone to think that a patrol officer should contact a DA and say this warrant is unconstitutional is just a joke. It's also ridiculous to think that a PD can choose to ignore a search warrant! Judge's orders are not optional and to fail them is a crime itself.

The blame belongs on the prosecutors who do have the option to pursue something or not. We see this all the time, and sometimes it is obvious and other times it is not. Our challenge is changing that reality and often it can only be through elected Attorney General positions and their particular flavor of politics. Bot something we can do much about outside of that.

Some good discussion here. Biggest problem is that people are placing the blame on the patrol officers who are the least culpable in the system. For someone to think that a patrol officer should contact a DA and say this warrant is unconstitutional is just a joke. It's also ridiculous to think that a PD can choose to ignore a search warrant! Judge's orders are not optional and to fail them is a crime itself.

The blame belongs on the prosecutors who do have the option to pursue something or not. We see this all the time, and sometimes it is obvious and other times it is not. Our challenge is changing that reality and often it can only be through elected Attorney General positions and their particular flavor of politics. Bot something we can do much about outside of that.

So no matter the order or how perverse the task might be they should follow it ?
We've seen this before and ended up hanging a bunch of the f*ckers after the fact.
It's just a freaking job, most people have had more than one in their lifetimes.
Unless they have had a chip implanted in their brain that won't allow anything but blind obediance it's bull.
At least the whore on the corner isn't pretending what she is doing is for anything else but money.

So no matter the order or how perverse the task might be they should follow it ?
We've seen this before and ended up hanging a bunch of the f*ckers after the fact.
It's just a freaking job, most people have had more than one in their lifetimes.
Unless they have had a chip implanted in their brain that won't allow anything but blind obediance it's bull.
At least the whore on the corner isn't pretending what she is doing is for anything else but money.
It’s akin to blaming the clerk or the like at any business that has policies you disagree with. Sure you can say then why don’t you quit the job or ignore the command but some of us don’t have another job to go to. I’ll go back to my original statement (which someone decided to get all pissy about). There needs to be a law change because politicians are writing firearms laws with little consideration on how they impact anyone rather they are doing or to just write laws.

It’s akin to blaming the clerk or the like at any business that has policies you disagree with.

It’s nothing like blaming the clerk. That’s an absurd comparison.

You can choose to not shop at a store with shitty policies, but you are literally forced to “do business” with the state and the state’s agents.

Back
Top Bottom