• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Video From H.4121 Hearing

Under the new legislation it would be a set price. If you followed the posts you'd know that that is what I was referring to.

Yeah, we've all known that since the bill came out last week. I'm obviously missing your point. (If there is one.)

I really think GOAL should start a propaganda campaign of its own.
billboards w politically motivated stats.
our side of the argument has actual data....it should be pushed publicly on billboards, napkins and anywhere the ignorami might look.

umm...if all sales have to go through an FFL that means kiss all "non-compliant" handguns goodbye. And the bill gives the AG even more power in determining what is compliant for sale in MA, giving the state free reign in banning almost any handgun out there.

To be honest we don't even know how that is going to pan out yet one way or the other. Better to just oppose it on vagueness alone.

-Mike

Maybe a bird w one wing because it called 911 but help arrived 15 min later and now the bird cant fly or swallow

Actually the bill I read said a fee "not to exceed $25". A dealer could charge less if they want. Also the $25 limit only seems to apply to transfers where the buyer and seller are MA licensed residents, I think (that's wrapped up in the "pursuant to this section" language, which is complicated to fully parse). Transfers from out-of-state (eg, gunbroker) don't appear to be affected by this bill, and would therefore not have the fee capped at $25.

The bill also specifically say's the up-to-$25 fee will be charged to the SELLER.

Actually the bill I read said a fee "not to exceed $25". A dealer could charge less if they want. Also the $25 limit only seems to apply to transfers where the buyer and seller are MA licensed residents, I think (that's wrapped up in the "pursuant to this section" language, which is complicated to fully parse). Transfers from out-of-state (eg, gunbroker) don't appear to be affected by this bill, and would therefore not have the fee capped at $25.

The bill also specifically say's the up-to-$25 fee will be charged to the SELLER.

If this passes as written, and if any FFL's choose to handle the transaction, I imagine sellers will just add $25.00 to their intended asking price.

Either that, or the seller and buyer agree to split the cost.

Maybe marcia's office can handle all transfers directly.
I would love for her to check my lengh-of-pull to be sure is agreeable to her.

There's no point in picking apart the bill. Here it is. If the bill passes a according to mass law you will have O rights. Period.

I went to the hearing from Pittsfield. It needs to be crushed

Back
Top Bottom