• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

VIDEO: Don't bring bats when the other guy has a gun

Lucky for everyone Country Bumkins weren't armed. I've watched this vid many times(and tonight again) for the life of me I can not figure out why Mr. BMW did what he did....seems like he let the power of his gun go to his head. I am glad buttholes got what they deserved but I can't help but think things could have gone real bad real fast for Mr.BMW ...and with the Mrs. in the car too...just not cool

Lucky for everyone Country Bumkins weren't armed. I've watched this vid many times(and tonight again) for the life of me I can not figure out why Mr. BMW did what he did....seems like he let the power of his gun go to his head. I am glad buttholes got what they deserved but I can't help but think things could have gone real bad real fast for Mr.BMW ...and with the Mrs. in the car too...just not cool

At some point in time enough is enough. This could have (and has) happened in a traffic light where the victim's car is blocked on all sides.

At some point in time enough is enough. This could have (and has) happened in a traffic light where the victim's car is blocked on all sides.
What happened?...some jerks yelled out thier window, followed in the vehicle?? oh..let the shooting start. [rolleyes]
I'm sorry but Mr.BMW deliberately led the hicks to a secluded area, he put himself and passenger in a potentially very bad situation. He did it to brandish the weapon on them and show "who was the toughest", it was utterly dumb and likely illegal. It was also complete luck things did not turn bad. Mr. BMW armed or not had no way of knowing, what he was up against in that truck.

If you think in any way what Mr.BMW did was right, then you better reconsider carrying a firearm.
Carrying and having a firearm for protection is smart and practically a responsibility but doing something to purposely cause a situation that the gun has to be drawn is ignorance and criminal.

Think of it this way...You see your honor, "enough was enough of this yelling and beeping at me, so I decided to take these two men from the country out where I could shoot them"

Last edited:
What happened?...some jerks yelled out thier window, followed in the vehicle?? oh..let the shooting start. [rolleyes]
I'm sorry but Mr.BMW deliberately led the hicks to a secluded area, he put himself and passenger in a potentially very bad situation. He did it to brandish the weapon on them and show "who was the toughest", it was utterly dumb and likely illegal. It was also complete luck things did not turn bad. Mr. BMW armed or not had no way of knowing, what he was up against in that truck.

If you think in any way what Mr.BMW did was right, then you better reconsider carrying a firearm.
Carrying and having a firearm for protection is smart and practically a responsibility but doing something to purposely cause a situation that the gun has to be drawn is ignorance and criminal.

Think of it this way...You see your honor, "enough was enough of this yelling and beeping at me, so I decided to take these two men from the country out where I could shoot them"

Spare me the drama. [rolleyes] It went right over your head.

insert Terrance & Phillip Song (here)

not real / not what should be done if it was real... 911, get on the free way and floor it!

Spare me the drama. [rolleyes] It went right over your head.
I'm not getting into the "if it is fake or not" issue...if that's what you think went over my head. Problem is, there are real people who will act just like Mr.BMW and the Country boys.
It is that I've seen this vid all over....but tonight seeing with the title "This is why we carry" pushed my buttons.

That was ridiculously fake. First off, the guys in the car couldn't have been more apathetic. Second no one ever really sounded particularly scared. Then, at the end, the girl just sort of walks away with a "get me off camera" look. Why would she walk away from her boyfriend with the gun and towards/past the camera man?

The whole thing was just silly.

Don't know if it's a fake or not. However it went from self defense to armed robbery. That is not why I carry.

So the question is would you do in this type of situation? I have been followed at high speed and nearly rammed by some lunatics for 20 minutes, COMPLETELY unprovoked. I tried to call the police but I didn't know where I was exactly or where I was going at that point. I finally realized where I was and drove right to the police station, the other guys backed off and drove away. To this day I wonder what their intent was and what would have happed if they did ram me and disable my vehicle? There were at least 3 guys in their car. It was a heart racing night, you wouldn't believe it if it were on camera, they were insane.

So how would you handle the situation in the vid and the one I just described above?

Keep in mind all of the guys in the car appeared to be bigger than me and I do not know if they had weapons.

So the question is would you do in this type of situation? I have been followed at high speed and nearly rammed by some lunatics for 20 minutes, COMPLETELY unprovoked. I tried to call the police but I didn't know where I was exactly or where I was going at that point. I finally realized where I was and drove right to the police station, the other guys backed off and drove away. To this day I wonder what their intent was and what would have happed if they did ram me and disable my vehicle? There were at least 3 guys in their car. It was a heart racing night, you wouldn't believe it if it were on camera, they were insane.

So how would you handle the situation in the vid and the one I just described above?

Keep in mind all of the guys in the car appeared to be bigger than me and I do not know if they had weapons.

I think you did the right thing. Keep moving at safe speeds. Call the police if you can, and make handy whatever you have available for a weapon improvised or otherwise. Also, you could utilize differences in the vehicles. In other words if you have an off road type of vehicle and they don't I would go through a parking lot and slowly go over a few high curbs and some lawn to loose them. If you had a Mazda and they had a truck I would see how they do around rotary traffic etc.

The problem comes in when I was driving with some sense and trying not to crash into them and not taking corners at a dangerous speed, not running red lights and they were willing to do all of the above and then some. Many times they would have literally rammed me if I wasn't in a car that easily out handled their caviler. I wish I would have had a system like I have rigged up in one of my other cars, I call it black out mode. I have a switch that turns off all lights, including brake lights, and allows me to only turn on the fogs. Haven't needed it but rigged it up after that incident.

It would have definitely helped. I outran the guys easily but I would not go faster than 65 on back roads which is dangerous enough, those guys would catch up because they were willing to do 100.

Anyway, hope that never happens again.

Back
Top Bottom