• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Victim's family opposes court-ordered firearm safety training for shooter

DispositionMatrix

NES Member
After CSU student's gun death, mom upset with court-mandated NRA course for roommate
The provision is just one reason why the Daly family opposed the sentencing agreement accepted by Eighth Judicial District Judge Susan Blanco. Under the deal, Carver pleaded guilty to felony tampering with evidence and received a two-year deferred sentence that will allow him to clear his record if he completes the terms.
Both the prosecutor and defense attorney said they could not find a similar class hosted by another organization near Carver’s home in Cortez.
The judge appeared concerned about mandating an NRA course, pressing the prosecutors to find an alternative. “Is there anywhere else he can complete a firearms safety course, so he is not giving money to the NRA, out of respect to the victim’s family?” Blanco asked Barber.

She told the court she blames an addiction to “human hunting machines” and a broader gun culture embodied by the National Rifle Association.

Yeah. Human hunting machines. C'mon lady. It was either an accident or he shot himself. If he had been car surfing you wouldn't be pissed off at the UAW or GM.

C’mon guys
this is the world we live in
nobody is responsible for themselves
everything is somebody else’s responsibility

C’mon guys
this is the world we live in
nobody is responsible for themselves
everything is somebody else’s responsibility

True. That's all we teach in public education (I've been in it for 36 years, recently retired, but I fought it quietly by actually teaching my students that there are two sides to every issue). Revolutionary!

Back
Top Bottom