• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Vibrating Automatic Primer Tube filler

I just bought one of these, tried it out, and it works pretty well. I thought I would pass this info on to anyone interested in purchasing one. I wanted a FA vibra prime, but couldnt find one anywhere, and didnt want to spend 300 bucks on Dillons model. Here is a youtube link showing how it works, and the info on how to order one is in the comment section below the video. I payed the guy through PayPal on Monday, and had it on my door step on Friday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRqqZ9UkTW8

It's an interesting adapter, but from the video, it appears that physically shaking the primer tray does most of the work, rather than the little toy vibrator that's attached to the bottom.

How much money, I can fill a primer tube in 3-4 minutes. Is it saving me that much time?
If you could just dump your primers in and have them load the tube that's one thing but if I have to get them all face properly that's half the work anyhow.

I also bought one in a group buy over at castboolits.gunloads.com.

The initial production run ran into some expanded experience problems/suggestions/design changes.

The current production works really slick.

I am filling a package of 100 large primers into the tube in 15 seconds. 100 small primers is taking 20 seconds. Multiply that times having to refill every 15 minutes, and there's a LOT of time savings.

Price is $50.

Product is made by Stereolithography!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stereolithography

I reload on a Dillon 650, Whenever I ordered something from them I would buy more primer tubes. I just sit in front of the TV with 1,000 primers and my flip tray and tubes and fill them up. I figure when I'm done reloading 1k rounds its time for a break anyway. My 2 cents.

I bought a couple of them. Beats the hell out pecking at them manually. I can fill a 1/2 dozen tubes in a few minutes. If you do a lot of rounds in a session it a good buy.

I want a Giraud trimmer before anymore gadgets. Filling five tubes isn't too bad since I need to take five after a run anyway.

Duke, did the manufacturer upgrade your setup or did you buy a totally new machine?

Do any of you own the Dillon maxhine? I like using their pickup tubes in a big way and think their product is proven.

Sent from the Hyundai of the droids, the Samsung Replenish, using Tapatalk.

I bought one of the originals, and made a couple of polishing tweaks myself. One of the important parts is to fit the ends of your Dillon tubes to the plastic mating part (a bit of sand paper will slightly reduce the diameter so that it goes in easy.) And, it also requires that you eliminate the generous radii on the end of the tubes. I filed the ends flat, and polished with some 1000 grit emery cloth. The primers slide effortlessly in and down the tubes.

I have developed the learning curve, and can fill 100 primers into a tube in seconds. There are some calibers (5.56, .40, 357 Sig, 9mm, 44 mag, 44 special, .500 mag, etc) that I do in BIG NUMBERS when I do them. That's when this thing shines!

It's well worth the $50!

I actually found out that it's 3D printing that the guy uses, rather than stereo-lithography. Similar, but different. 3D printing uses powder, and it looks like an ink jet printer.

Back
Top Bottom