Veterans group members in Capitol riot to be purged from organizations

Reptile

NES Member

Disabled American Veterans, AMVETS will expel any members found guilty in connection to the raid​

At least two veterans’ groups will purge members who are found guilty of participating in the storming of the U.S. Capitol last week that resulted in five deaths, including a Capitol Police officer.

tory-loyalist-18th-c-granger.jpg

why isn't the headline that the DAV and AMVETS are left leaning organizations...

I mean they didn't do any of this when BLM and ANTIFA attacked and killed police and other Americans.

In fact is is the duty of every American to rise up against tyranny and oppression and when the government circumvents the constitution.

So it is ok for the democrats to continually attack the constitution and the bill of rights and DAV and AMVETS supports that.

Well, no more donations from me then....

good luck to the future of your organizations.

why isn't the headline that the DAV and AMVETS are left leaning organizations...

I mean they didn't do any of this when BLM and ANTIFA attacked and killed police and other Americans.

In fact is is the duty of every American to rise up against tyranny and oppression and when the government circumvents the constitution.

So it is ok for the democrats to continually attack the constitution and the bill of rights and DAV and AMVETS supports that.

Well, no more donations from me then....

good luck to the future of your organizations.

Ditto.

do these groups get any funding from federal funds? if yes, they're maybe thinking that would be cut or terminated if they didn't make a statement like they did.
when I searched on DAV rec living federal funds this came up...

• No. DAV receives no money or grants from the federal government. Our service programs are sustained by contributions such as yours. Do DAV service programs overlap or duplicate government programs? No. DAV programs pick up and fill the void left by government agencies.
Can't find anything that says no on the AMVETS.

They have been in decline for years as far as membership. The veterans coming home nowadays don’t want to sit around like lumps on stump ripping butts and drinking $1.50 Miller lites. I’ve spent my whole life in VFW’s and DAV’s with my dad and uncles. When I got out I didn’t want any part of that. 🇺🇸

They have been in decline for years as far as membership. The veterans coming home nowadays don’t want to sit around like lumps on stump ripping butts and drinking $1.50 Miller lites. I’ve spent my whole life in VFW’s and DAV’s with my dad and uncles. When I got out I didn’t want any part of that. 🇺🇸
And your forgetting the most nasty looking woman on the planet as well.

This right here. If u are a supporter and peacefully protested that day are u getting prosecuted?
No one will be left behind.

“If sharp criticism disappeared altogether, mild criticism would become harsh. If even mild criticism were not allowed, silence would be considered malicious. If silence is no longer allowed, praise that does not sell well enough will be a crime. If only one voice is allowed to exist, then the only one that exists is a lie.”

Well if they're going to do that then they should do exactly the same thing for every one of the "peaceful protesters" who destroyed property, looted business, assaulted and battered people, attacked the police, and damaged public and private property. And the governors and mayors who condoned and encouraged their riotous behavior should be charged with inciting riots.

I wonder if they do a background check on all of their members, or for that matter, their employees and donors. If a member ever did time for any sort of crime does he or she get expelled too? It is impossible to believe that not one single member has a criminal record. If a member is a convicted rapist he keeps his membership, but a member who participated in an out of control protest gets the boot?

I just wrote to DAV and Amvets and I called them out on their hypocrisy. I asked if they've expelled every one of their members who are convicted felons. And I asked them if they did a background check on all of their employees and donors. Then I let them know that we will not give another cent. We will find another organization that assists veterans.
Then the wife and I just cancelled our Scamazon Prime accounts and dumped our Sacamazon credit card. Our membership was due to auto renew in August but they cancelled it today and refunded our $119 in full.
We are done. We don't care if it's expensive or inconvenient or difficult but we will do our best to boycott and distance ourselves from every one of these hypocrites.

I never joined any of the Vet. organizations when I returned from Nam but always donated to DAV at least 3-4 times every year. I will now switch my donations to Wounded Warrior.
I'd look for another option. WW has a history of misappropriating funds.
I'm sure others on here will have more info, but my understanding is that Fisher House is still a good bet.

My wife insisted that we remain members and have done so for well over twenty years. But with her now gone I see no reason to renew at the next term.

As stated, membership only remains due to the cheap alcohol. Many of the members aren't vets but join through the two associate members.

I'd look for another option. WW has a history of misappropriating funds.
I'm sure others on here will have more info, but my understanding is that Fisher House is still a good bet.
WW has improved but still has a C rating. There are better run groups that give a higher percentage of income to vets.

This right here. If u are a supporter and peacefully protested that day are u getting prosecuted?
They're generating a lot of fear and anxiety to control people for seeking a redress of grievances. While neglecting a whole summer of burning, looting and murdering. Never mind all the elected democrats who encouraged them and facilitated in that.

Back
Top Bottom