Veterans group members in Capitol riot to be purged from organizations

Now you guys start getting a sense what a Soviet way of life was and why dissidents were so respected by most.
Try to piss against the wind - and the whole system turns against you, at once. And it does it not by an order- same as here it is a spontaneous movement of a**h***s trying to claim their place in line to demonstrate their allegiance to a general line of the party.

My dad was in Tay Ninh in 1966. HHC 196th LIB
I was sent there right after they arrived. Many MA soldiers as they were out of Devens. Infantry was solid and they went looking for trouble. They usually worked with the 25th Div Wolfhounds.
No NVA in the area but VC owned most of the real estate. It was all indian territory. VFW/AL/DAV were not welcoming to us when we returned and remain ineffectual to this day. VVA,, Paralyzed Vets, Purple Heart Vets etc worked a lot harder to change VA policies and to help individuals with claims.

I was sent there right after they arrived. Many MA soldiers as they were out of Devens. Infantry was solid and they went looking for trouble. They usually worked with the 25th Div Wolfhounds.
No NVA in the area but VC owned most of the real estate. It was all indian territory. VFW/AL/DAV were not welcoming to us when we returned and remain ineffectual to this day. VVA,, Paralyzed Vets, Purple Heart Vets etc worked a lot harder to change VA policies and to help individuals with claims.

11th Cav Blackhorse Regt. 66-67

They have been in decline for years as far as membership. The veterans coming home nowadays don’t want to sit around like lumps on stump ripping butts and drinking $1.50 Miller lites. I’ve spent my whole life in VFW’s and DAV’s with my dad and uncles. When I got out I didn’t want any part of that. 🇺🇸
Neither did I when I got out. I went to one meeting at the local vfw......it was a bunch of bitter Vietnam vets bitching and moaning about how they got f***ed.....and most of them were drunk off their asses.

I'm sure not all vfw are like this but that was my experience and I never went to another meeting.

I'd look for another option. WW has a history of misappropriating funds.
I'm sure others on here will have more info, but my understanding is that Fisher House is still a good bet.
This. Their executives are crazy high pay scale. They also refused to do business with Smith and Wesson cuz guns. S and w wanted to put the ww logo on pistols and donate the profits of the special edition guns with the logo and ww refused......Basically said guns equals bad.

A few years ago they declined to go on tom Gresham show and stated openly it was because the show was related to fire arms.

Last edited:
Neither did I when I got out. I went to one meeting at the local vfw......it was a bunch of bitter Vietnam vets bitching and moaning about how they got f***ed.....and most of them were drunk off their asses.

I'm sure not all vfw are like this but that was my experience and I never went to another meeting.
You're correct, local VFWs aren't all the same. Their memberships are mostly declining in general which shouldn't surprise anyone as the number of actual veterans continues to decline, but each one is different. The local one I belong to is very, very small but well run and it's members are great guys who help each other out, are active and are fun to be around.

the Atop the Black Virgin....in background SF A team intelligence & intercept station. The headquarters for COSVIN was 2000' under the camp....The area was filthy with NVA in late 67-68
Never made it to the top but beaucoup hours at the bottom. They brought in a duster one night to harass the VC who were using lights to move around the mtn. Didn't work, shells just bounced off the rocks. but it was a great show. 25th Div Manchus published a write-up of the 68 attack.

Back
Top Bottom