Veterans Day 2022

I like the joke. If they bring out the steak and ice cream while on deployment at sea. The fukining is coming

Being Air Force myself. The only time I got Lobster, I snuck into the wrong dining hall in Tech School. lol

f*** all these faggot places and their free meal bs. I won’t give them the satisfaction of braying about their patriotism when the other 364 days of the year if I walked in with a MAGA hat I’d be tossed out the door and berated.

So, I’ll just say God bless Americas righteous warriors and domestic terrorists. I’d stand next to any of you animals in her defense.

RLTW <2>

Honoring my grandfather today (my day was yesterday). A true bad ass mother.

North Africa at the beginning of WWII, South Pacific (USS Mt. McKinley) through the middle and to the end of WWII, and the Army Air Corps after WWII.

My dad told me he was a steam fitter, but the USS Mt. McKinley was an intelligence ship. Why would he be in 3 branches of service consecutively as a steam fitter?

If anyone has ever traced military records, I’d really appreciate a starting point/any leads.

Attachments

• 9AFE1C41-C401-439D-81B6-AD9D759FF763.jpeg
    9AFE1C41-C401-439D-81B6-AD9D759FF763.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 12
My father was Marine Infantry and was sent to Vietnam back in1968. He says every day is Veterans day, he never talked about combat when I asked him about it but this one incident he told me which I know haunts him, he was on a patrol walking through a clearing in the jungle and the guy right behind him literally walking the same path got both his legs blown off, he has survivors guilt to this day.

He also remembers his buddy who was getting ready to go home, they were keeping short timers back and this dude told him he wanted to go out because he never got a confirmed kill, my father said he told him he tried to talk him out of it but he went out anyways and got killed.

Honoring my grandfather today (my day was yesterday). A true bad ass mother.

North Africa at the beginning of WWII, South Pacific (USS Mt. McKinley) through the middle and to the end of WWII, and the Army Air Corps after WWII.

My dad told me he was a steam fitter, but the USS Mt. McKinley was an intelligence ship. Why would he be in 3 branches of service consecutively as a steam fitter?

If anyone has ever traced military records, I’d really appreciate a starting point/any leads.
Yes as a family member you can request all that online. I just joined a new military portal where, round here somewhere. Drinking today...can u wait?

You've got to be shitting me. Are you shitting me...?
Wasn't trying to troll. I was thinking in terms of soldiers' honor and respect for one another even across allegiance lines. Not ISIS or other irregular terrorists we've been fighting. I know ex Wehrmacht soldiers some of them emigrated to the states after WW2 and became friends with their former battle enemies. Do you hate the German grunts too or just the Nazis giving the orders?

Wasn't trying to troll. I was thinking in terms of soldiers' honor and respect for one another even across allegiance lines. Not ISIS or other irregular terrorists we've been fighting. I know ex Wehrmacht soldiers some of them emigrated to the states after WW2 and became friends with their former battle enemies. Do you hate the German grunts too or just the Nazis giving the orders?
No. Enemies of all ranks are hated.

Would you celebrate a CSA soldier???
He is American after all...

1668190580951.png

Eff off, today is not the day for that crap

Back
Top Bottom