• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Veteran stands up for 2A at Chicago Anti Gun Forum

Hope it's not a dupe, I did search. The last ten seconds is the best.

"the threat of tyranny, today, is no less than the turn of the century in 1900, or 1800 or 1700"

Last edited by a moderator:
I am just a foreigner.I have read the contitution of my host country as well as the bill of rights. It is my understanding that everybody who is trying to abolish the constitution, or even parts of it, is not a friend of this country. If you are not a friend, you are an ennemy (that's right, I am thinking black and white here, and I do not see why I should change that). And if you are an ennemy, well, there is plenty of people out there who have sworn an oath to protect the country against any ennemy, foreign or domestic.
Most of the guys who read my posts know that I am always the guy laughing at the "let's have a revolution, GO TIME" crowd. But in all honesty, although I try to be the most peacefull man I can be,(and it hasn't always been that way), when the day comes, I will stand by the side of the people who are willing to fight these ennemies, foreign and domestic. I am not afraid of war.I have seen what it does to yourself and to others. But there are things that are worth it. The US constitution is certainly one of them.

At every "Gun Violence" forum, or community meeting.....we have to be there in force!

If ten people stand up to make a comment....more than half should be us. We may not be able to be more than half of the audience, but we have to make more than half of the noise.

At every "Gun Violence" forum, or community meeting.....we have to be there in force!

If ten people stand up to make a comment....more than half should be us. We may not be able to be more than half of the audience, but we have to make more than half of the noise.

I agree. That's why gun owners in MA should be heading back to the statehouse on Saturday. Linsky will be giving a speach, like we did last week, to gun control advocates then. We need a good showing to call him a liar!

I just sent that mayor a thank you email. Those standing up for what is right no doubt are facing the same BS we are now, doesn't hurt to send a bit of support now and then.

Mike

I just sent that mayor a thank you email. Those standing up for what is right no doubt are facing the same BS we are now, doesn't hurt to send a bit of support now and then.

Mike

Date: Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 2:44 PM
Subject: City Council 1-15-2013
To: [email protected]

Mayor Dudley,

I am a Massachusetts resident. I just happened to come by a video on YouTube from your Council session on 1-15-2013. I commend you for the way you handled the unconstitutional motion that was put forth (checking gun with police) and for reminding your council members of the oath they swore, which is to uphold the Constitution.
In a time where our rights continue to be eroded and infringed, I only wish we had more public servants like you.

Thank you
s4mt3k

Last edited:
Oak Harbor City Council

Did the Mayor just tell that douche-nozzle Councilman to GTFO?! Then checked the law and affirmed CCing is OK in the proceedings - and that asking that gentlemen to submit his weapons would be unenforceable?! Then affirmed the oath of office he and his council members took?! I need to move to WA.

Not for nothing - but if people really truly believe in the 2nd amendment - one of the things that should get "boycotted" - is the military.

If any sort of AWB passes - then people should simpley STOP SIGNING UP TO SERVE IN THE MILITARY , and people who are on active duty - SHOULD REFUSE TO RE-ENLIST.

You want to remove firearms from civilian hands - then if the military guys REALLY believe in what they are defending - they should REFUSE TO DEFEND a government that has taken away those rights.

I'd like to see how many "miltary guys" would actually stand up and do that.

The government only has the power that we give it - if people simply refuse to comply - and refuse to carry out the orders - sooner rather than later the whole tyranny falls apart.

YOU are the problem if you serve the tyranny.

Not for nothing - but if people really truly believe in the 2nd amendment - one of the things that should get "boycotted" - is the military.

If any sort of AWB passes - then people should simpley STOP SIGNING UP TO SERVE IN THE MILITARY , and people who are on active duty - SHOULD REFUSE TO RE-ENLIST.

You want to remove firearms from civilian hands - then if the military guys REALLY believe in what they are defending - they should REFUSE TO DEFEND a government that has taken away those rights.

I'd like to see how many "miltary guys" would actually stand up and do that.

The government only has the power that we give it - if people simply refuse to comply - and refuse to carry out the orders - sooner rather than later the whole tyranny falls apart.

YOU are the problem if you serve the tyranny.

You mean we should simply shrug.

I am just a foreigner.I have read the contitution of my host country as well as the bill of rights. It is my understanding that everybody who is trying to abolish the constitution, or even parts of it, is not a friend of this country. If you are not a friend, you are an ennemy (that's right, I am thinking black and white here, and I do not see why I should change that). And if you are an ennemy, well, there is plenty of people out there who have sworn an oath to protect the country against any ennemy, foreign or domestic.
Most of the guys who read my posts know that I am always the guy laughing at the "let's have a revolution, GO TIME" crowd. But in all honesty, although I try to be the most peacefull man I can be,(and it hasn't always been that way), when the day comes, I will stand by the side of the people who are willing to fight these ennemies, foreign and domestic. I am not afraid of war.I have seen what it does to yourself and to others. But there are things that are worth it. The US constitution is certainly one of them.

If you've read some of the history of this country - then you also know that the people who fought the original revolution weren't out there calling for "go time" on a constant basis. They were basically appealing to the crown to stop acting like a pack of a**h***s - and the crown didn't. Even on Lexington Green on that fateful morning - from a number of the accounts I have read - the Minutemen were lined up - were given orders NOT to shoot - and were then ordered by the British commander to disperse - which they were in the motions of doing - when that shot rang out.

So you could say that ALL peaceful avenues to correct the problems were FULLY exhausted before the shooting started.

To me this parallels very closely what I have seen from the behavior of certain people I typically just call "a**h***s". a**h***s don't really give a crap about other people. If they're sitting on the hood of your car - and you ask them to get off , they will laugh at you and tell you to go **** yourself. a**h***s will generally do whatever they damn well please - and not care about or respect others in any way shape or form.

The founding fathers of this country basically said that they wanted to keep the government as small as possible - to avoid it becoming a refuge for a**h***s. Just like the Catholic Church attracts child molesters, and car racing tends to attract daredevils and people with a speed fetish - the government attracts a**h***s. That is how it has always been and how it will likely always be.

Sooner or later - civilized society reaches a point - when it is burdened with a government full of a**h***s - that it must fight back or be extinguished by the rabid attacks of the a**h***s on the society that the government was supposed to SERVE - not dominate.

Unfortunately revolutions often turn out like the French Revolution - and devolve into a real shitstorm. That was part of the genius of the American Revolution I think . It was years if not decades in the making - and even on that fateful day - the Minutemen were willing to turn away from confrontation.

They took the moral high ground - and won in the end because of it.

We will never "win" unless we do the same thing. That's why I think people need to smarten the **** up. All the cries for revolution and Molon Labe and all that - do nothing in the end but give the a**h***s the reason to justify themselves.

Unfortunately sometimes in a fight you have to take the first punch - in order to justify yourself in front of the crowd when you later beat your tormenter into a pile of mush.

That's just the way it works.

- - - Updated - - -

You mean we should simply shrug.

Yeah - pretty much.

But try convincing people to actually do it - and watch the bullshit excuses flow.

Hope it's not a dupe, I did search. The last ten seconds is the best.

"the threat of tyranny, today, is no less than the turn of the century in 1900, or 1800 or 1700"

Finally had a chance to watch this video.

Those people up on the stage are stupid fools. Even if the point he is trying to make - that the second amendment is not need "today" (which under his interpretation means 'right now') - then what about 4 years from now? What about 50 years from now? What about 100 years from now?

Who the hell does he think he is to remove the right from future generations - who MIGHT TRULY NEED IT - because we don't "need this right now?"

This! I spent a decade in the service (as many I'm sure here have) defending our freedoms and Constitution around the world so there is certainly no reason why I wouldn't do it at home.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom