• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Veteran on my license

I have two vehicle registrations in MA. Both veteran and I recently applied to renew my licence. I sat at the RMV for 90 minutes only to realize I didn't have my dd214. Silly me. I went on to follow through with the renewal anyhow and figured if I had my dd214 for two registrations, surely they'll have a record of it in my name. nope. surely, they would give me veteran on my i.d. with 2 veteran registrations. nope lol

get veteran plates if u can, will likely prevent the stop in the first place. (some will question but I know)!

Can confirm. Also, I've had two instances of not getting parking tickets in Boston because of the plates. The first time, I came out to two cars in front of me and three cars behind me, all ticketed. And I hadn't fed the meter because I didn't have any change (before the credit card meters). Another time I parked just to run into a store. As I came out I saw the meter maid next to my car. As I started to explain that I was just parked for a moment, she interrupted me "Oh don't worry, I don't ticket veterans anyway."

Honestly, I got the plates strictly for awareness with other veteran drivers. A sort of continued brotherhood if you will on the roadways. But, it's had other benefits it seems.

Can confirm. Also, I've had two instances of not getting parking tickets in Boston because of the plates. The first time, I came out to two cars in front of me and three cars behind me, all ticketed. And I hadn't fed the meter because I didn't have any change (before the credit card meters). Another time I parked just to run into a store. As I came out I saw the meter maid next to my car. As I started to explain that I was just parked for a moment, she interrupted me "Oh don't worry, I don't ticket veterans anyway."

Honestly, I got the plates strictly for awareness with other veteran drivers. A sort of continued brotherhood if you will on the roadways. But, it's had other benefits it seems.

I know I've gotten out of a couple of tickets with just a verbal warning. My truck has Vet plates and I have a Veteran thingy on my DL. Obviously if you're driving to endanger, you're probably going to get the green weinie but one of my stops was an uninspected vehicle, over by about a month. I literally had no time to get it done though I knew it would pass. NH cops like to tag people for that, especially townies. He just told me that I'd better get it inspected very soon. About a week later it had the sticker.

I got both, but not for benefits, just wanted to start a vets thing, like do you guys know / notice how "Jeep" people wave at each other ? The benefits though? that did work out, got stopped in a speed trap town, but all he did was talk shop and let me go..

I was going to ask about doing this in a new thread. Glad I saw this thread before doing so, would not want the "Dupe police" on my case.

Nope and nope. That’s for me and only me, I don’t need discounts nor worry about tickets or be told thank you for your service.

I got it on my license and also sport veteran’s plates on my vehicle. Not looking for any special treatment, just proud about my service. Though I’d be lying if I didn’t say it got me out of a ticket or two over the years.

My Vet plates have definitely paid for themselves over the years. I'll take any break I can get, did my time and no problem with getting a little reparations now and again...

I got it on my license and also sport veteran’s plates on my vehicle. Not looking for any special treatment, just proud about my service. Though I’d be lying if I didn’t say it got me out of a ticket or two over the years.

i thought there was a thread on here where you said it got you a ticket...

I never said it was full proof. 2 out of 3 ain't bad. The one where I did get a ticket the LE was in a serious snit over my veteran plates and his need to pull me over. Escalated badly from there.
i'm sure it most cases it helps, or at least doesn't hurt, as it should

I got the “veteran” added to my license and “M” endorsement added from my other state just for shits and giggles but just starting out here many years ago didnt want to splurge on the extra $ for veteran plates...will definitely do next renewal assuming it doesnt require me going to the rmv 😂

Back
Top Bottom