Veteran gun rights

This coming from a guy who hasn't seen the parking lot at the military base in years. You can count the bad financial decisions by how many new mustangs and camarros are in the lot.
I need to object to this. The Mustang in my driveway was purchased outright without financing, and says nothing about my ability to make good financial decisions.

Some of the guns I've purchased, however, .....

If you are unable to manage your financial affairs you are probably unable to safely manage a firearm. VA only makes a decision you need a rep payee if it's court ordered or result of a psychiatric assessment. Typically this would involve elderly at VA nursing homes or individuals who have had multiple commitments to pysch ward.
I have an MBA, does that mean I can has all gunz?

I have a friend that was in this boat after a PTSD claim. The funny part is he had been managing his own finances for his entire life and had a credit score over 800. Had to get a letter from a private shrink for the VA to drop that Bullshit.

He also owned a bunch of guns and was pretty worried about the entire thing.

We all know darn well that the Left tried an all out gun ban 1n 1968 and failed....but seriously not by much.

Over the years they have tried every divide and conquer trick they could think of. Good gun, bad gun, scary gun, assault gun, not a hunting gun. They have also used this method to divide owners. Good owners, bad owners, common sense owners and on and on. The state of MA is working on this same tatic as we speak and will take another swing at it using mental illness and suicide as yet another attempt to chip away at the mountain.

We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately.

Benjamin Franklin

And who exactly decides who is "OK" and "fit" to have a firearm?

Oh ya, the ones who have already stacked the deck............
I’d go with, as long as you’re not pointing it at yourself you’re OK..

The sad thing is lotta veterans do. They are also the same people who would rescue if you needed it. In the moment they do fine ,it’s just all the bullshit before and after they can’t take.

The governments position is similar to saying "If you choose to have someone drive for you, you are obviously not capable of responsible gun ownership".

If you are unable to manage your financial affairs you are probably unable to safely manage a firearm. VA only makes a decision you need a rep payee if it's court ordered or result of a psychiatric assessment. Typically this would involve elderly at VA nursing homes or individuals who have had multiple commitments to pysch ward.

Really? Do tell?
My Grandfather, a Korean Era Vet would disagree.
Everything went to Online Bill Pay / Online Banking
He wants NOTHING to do with that.
He has my Aunts set up as his Financial Proxies to act on his behalf.
They manage his finances and sit with him each week to review expenses and income.
They can both sign for him if needed, or he can write the checks himself.

What is it the rest of us missed?
@TayNinh66 and I served in the same AO at different times, so there's that. He had an opinion like many here do, some personal attacks overboard IMHO. Going back rereading the thread, I understand TBI concerns and I would tend agree with the majority. Another form of arbitrary confiscation. I've been there. To the pant shitterrs please put me on ignore...lol

@TayNinh66 and I served in the same AO at different times, so there's that. He had an opinion like many here do, some personal attacks overboard IMHO. Going back rereading the thread, I understand TBI concerns and I would tend agree with the majority. Another form of arbitrary confiscation. I've been there. To the pant shitterrs please put me on ignore...lol
Frankly I don’t care if he served or not.

A person’s ability to handle finances/math/scheduling is absolutely, 100% , not a reason to deny them their inalienable rights to self defense or to own firearms. f*** that.

I forbid any law that makes a blanket attempt to revoke any natural or Constitutional right for any reason at all.

If Gramps can't handle a gun, then either take it away yourself or have a court order it in his specific case based on his circumstances.

I have spoken.

Depends on where you got your MBA.

R.7fd5ca45d9d1907ab22b8e7069778c03

latest

This coming from a guy who hasn't seen the parking lot at the military base in years. You can count the bad financial decisions by how many new mustangs and camarros are in the lot.

Your ability to work finances and your ability to keep and bear arms are in no way related to each other.

Lol a mustang is a smart buy compared to those dudes who shack up with a dependa and then get cheated on while deployed...... just sayin.. 🤣

Back
Top Bottom