• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Very touching story.

There goes another box of tissues... Thanks for posting that Derek. Tends to make one realize how much we sweat the small stuff.

I posted it for two reasons. To show what a class act Charlie Weis is, and to remind people how precious life is.

Thanks for the tears Derek. With all the losses Glenn and I have had in a 5 year period,the one thing we know is to not take life for granted. You never know what tomorrow will bring.

Ya know...I'd like to think that little Montana knew he wouldn't be around for the game, and when he told Mr. Weis to go right, that it was him who helped them win. :D

For some reason, this does not shock me what Charlie Weis did. I am not saying it to disagree, but listening to my friends and family talk about all the various patriots, it should come to no suprise.

The one that suprised me was Deion Sanders calling for all pro athletes to donate at least 1k from each paycheck for the season to help the peole affected by Katrina. When I think of the 'me first' player, he was one of the first to come to mind.

My biggest memory is how often Drew Bledsoe visited the Cardinal Cushing campus here in Hanover for kids with Autism. He'd go in, have fun, throw the ball with them etc and not get a lot of press for it. The one time he did was when he flew a helicopter to a meeting.

Another one is from my cousin who met Bruschi and said he couldn't beleive how nice the man was. He was with his family and still signed autographs happily and joked with some fans.

His boys LOVE Edaville Railroad it seems. *grins*.

Back
Top Bottom