Very Good Guns Statistics -- Silence your Liberal Friends!

I've used this website a lot. But you need to double-check their facts with the sources they list. I remember checking up on one of the statistics and finding that they were stretching the numbers a little.

There was one source that was a bit of a stretch. However, you have to keep in mind that a lot of the gun control people conveniently exclude data to bend statistics in their direction. This site seems to really break down the numbers, populations, and get closer to the truth. The interesting one I found was that police are 5x more likely to shoot innocent bystanders than law abiding citizens acting in defense. I'm not entirely surprised, since I've heard of many officers that just shoot once a year to qualify.

Looks good! I will double check the numbers with the CDC and other sources before quoting in arguements.
Thanks!

All sides typically stretch numbers to suit. That is how politicians stay in business.
Trying to find impartial, accurate statistics is difficult, but worth it.

All sides typically stretch numbers to suit. That is how politicians stay in business.
Trying to find impartial, accurate statistics is difficult, but worth it.

This is as close to impartial as I have seen. The anti-gun people I find grossly misrepresent the statistics, what goes into the data, and generally lie. The big one I've seen is the claim that a child is shot every minute in the US, accompanied by cute little school childre. The problem.....anyone under the age of 21 in the study is considered a "child". So this include your local gang bangers, drug dealers, etc.

Back
Top Bottom