• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

WTS --> Very-clean Husqvarna 2101XP CHAINSAW - BIG cutter for a Serious Chainsawyer...!!

Peaceseeker

NES Member
Very clean 1989 '300th Anniversary' Husqvarna 2101XP 99cc chainsaw..... arguably, but definitely according to many, the best saw Husky has ever made.....and, just plain sweet to find in this condition, as these saws were made to do heavy duty in old-growth wood, and most did.

I intended this one as a backup, for the backup, to my 394XP. Not sure I REALLY need such deep backup, given my only-periodic needs, so....have VERY-reluctantly decided to offer it, and hope it will go to a collector rather than to be used heavily.

I'm not a saw mechanic, so can only tell you what I can:

Physically, as the photos show, it is in very-clean original condition. Appears all-original, with
the exception of the smaller pull-state handle....which does work fine, surprisingly, and could
certainly be replaced with an original-type.

Compression shows at over 150 PSI, but may actually be higher as I don't think my gauge gets
an ideal seal. Starts and runs nicely, but I haven't ever had occasion to actually cut with it... Sure
has a nice kick-in-the-pants feel, even holding it in-hands at idle! These full-height mufflers
breathe well and put out a nice, deep and throaty sound

Includes the 42" bar shown, which appears to be in very good condition. Sprocket/bar are for
the appropriately-beefy 404/063 chain. Obviously, a full-wrap handle bar, so one can control
the beast in any position.

*** Solid value, I think, on this one at: $800., and will ship at actual-cost-only. Located in Foxboro, MA, and I can usually accommodate a visit most anytime. ***

Consider what it take$ to buy a saw of this size today, that this was made when a no-compromise approach was the norm, that this 'un has the solid no-EPA-frills just-plain-works technology, that it's a collectible schweet-meat, and......perhaps you'll agree that it's a good value at $825.

URL=http://s248.photobucket.com/user/gigapics/media/2101XP/DSCN9966_zps47abc981.jpg.html]
DSCN9966_zps47abc981.jpg
[/URL]

Back
Top Bottom