Vermont - Top Vermont officials back gun prohibitions, but Senate action is uncertain

thorin

NES Member
For our Vermont folks: Top Vermont officials back gun prohibitions, but Senate action is uncertain

Bear in mind that Monday a nutcase murdered a young woman in broad daylight in a public park in Bennington with a knife Some bits from the article:.

Several Vermont statewide officeholders on Wednesday threw their support behind a bill that would ban guns in hospitals, child care facilities and publicly owned buildings. But it’s unclear whether the legislation will garner the votes it needs to make it to the floor of the Vermont Senate.

“I think if you were to ask the average Vermonter, they would say that those are resoundingly commonsense ideas, that you don’t need and you don’t want guns in those areas,” Baruth said.

Testifying in the committee on Wednesday, Donovan called the proposal a “commonsense approach to public safety, to reasonable gun regulations.”

“It makes sense, and people have a right to feel safe and not to worry, and this issue of guns and intimidation is real,” Donovan said.

Sears also said that he hadn’t been aware until recently that bans on firearms in buildings other than courts and schools were unenforceable.

Baruth told the committee that, under current law, if an individual brought a gun into a hospital, child care center or even the Statehouse, police could not require them to leave.

“They have no recourse. A police officer can’t get rid of that gun,” Baruth said. “And the person can stand on their rights to have the gun in the environment.”

I'm going to tell the story of VT politics again. The hippie blow ins from the 60's and 70's figured out you could pass any flavor of crazy leftist crapola as long as you left guns alone. Until of course it was time to come for the guns. Moral of the story, defend your values. All of them or you will lose all of them.

I'm going to tell the story of VT politics again. The hippie blow ins from the 60's and 70's figured out you could pass any flavor of crazy leftist crapola as long as you left guns alone. Until of course it was time to come for the guns. Moral of the story, defend your values. All of them or you will lose all of them.

QFMFT

I'm not even sure there is anyone actually from Vermont holding office.
Didn't someone say last year it was mostly blow-ins from places like CA. ?
Yep almost all of them are from out of state.

Bernie 2024: Tanned, Rested, Ready.

3y7dco.jpg

I'm not even sure there is anyone actually from Vermont holding office.
Didn't someone say last year it was mostly blow-ins from places like CA. ?

Pretty sure most of their government officials are leftist commie NY, CT and MA transplants, the worst of the worst NIMBY pricks.....regulating everyone else's lives regarding maintaining natural habitat, logging, etc., yet building their own McMansions and clear cutting huge lots for themselves .....or at least were for many decades.
An area I camped in every summer for thirty years that used to be very primitive is now completely over run with leftist NY, CT and MA refugee's houses and clear cut tracts of land. They competely fvcked up the entire area for miles around.

Yep almost all of them are from out of state.
Been this way for Decades, my dad always said VT was NY cape cod and infected by NY that could not push out the NW New Yorkers.
Theres a good reason there not many people living in VT , and the commies with money got there before others

People do NOT have the right to “feel” safe. They have the right to create safety for themselves by carrying a firearm on a responsible manner.

This is true or almost everything being slathered in our faces right now.

I don't believe people should have a right to education. People should have the right to peruse an education.

People should not have a right to the deer in the woods. People should have the right to attempt to harvest that deer.

Different mind-set. Different frameworks.

For fun, walk through the transgender/identity one. It's fun at parties.

Rights for feelings is bad politik.

"commonsense" is a euphemism for the Will of the Majority oppressing Individual Rights.

It's "commonsense" to ban guns to prevent criminals from committing crimes.
It's "commonsense" to ban speech and assembly, under the guise of hate and sedition, of those who have differing views than the ruling class (who control the vast majority of the Means of Speech).
It's "commonsense" to redistribute wealth from those who produce to those who consume, because "Democracy"
It's "commonsense" to destroy the Producers ability to do so, even if it spares just one 95 yo in the nursing home from the virus.

It was "commonsense" to round up the Evil Jews and send them away.

The Statists will attack Individuals with "commonsense" all the way to the Gas Chamber.

Im actually surprised VT has lasted this long on gun control.

My dad said over 40 years ago. If VT was not so infected by commies he would move there.
VT is one of those places you need to bring your own money . There is a reason why its so un populated

"...people have a right to feel safe and not to worry,..."

That is an example of the safety culture in which much of firearm prohibition is rooted. There is no "right to feel [whatever]" and there is no "right...not to worry."

Back
Top Bottom