• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Vermont Supreme Court rules against NIMBYs in shooting range case

DispositionMatrix

NES Member
Supreme Court finds in favor of Laberge Shooting Range
For now, the long-running legal battle between the Laberge Shooting Range on Lime Kiln Road in Charlotte and the Firing Range Neighborhood Group — a collective of anonymous neighbors who take issue with the range’s Act 250 status — has come to an end.

The Vermont Supreme Court ruled 3-2 last week that the range, owned by Laberge Bros. Inc., is not subject to Act 250 jurisdiction and therefore can continue to operate without state regulation.

The shooting range occupies about 10 acres of the Laberge’s 287-acre farm near the Charlotte-Shelburne town line. Court documents note that the range has been used since the 1950s by Laberge family members and the public.

Nice victory for the range ownership and gun owners up there! Boo-f*cking-hoo to that libtard neighborhood... crybabies! Was a close vote thought and the SC panel had a majority of women, great outcome!

"
Barnard said the Neighborhood Group will consider its legal options but is also asking the Laberge family to think of their neighbors, regardless of the court decision.

In the email statement, the group wrote: “We do hope that the Laberge family will consider placing reasonable limits on the noise impact of the Firing Range on surrounding neighbors. The Neighborhood Group will certainly engage with them respectfully, as neighbors, in any way we can to work towards that objective.”
Right, how about F*** you and now we counter sue for the financial damages caused by your frivolous lawsuit?

"
Barnard said the Neighborhood Group will consider its legal options but is also asking the Laberge family to think of their neighbors, regardless of the court decision.

Ha ha ha!

Yes. They'll think of their neighbors; their neighbors who tried to sue them and make them stop, anonymously. They'll think, "Let's get a few signal cannons!" They'll think, "Let's shoot 50BMG at 7:00AM on Sunday!" They'll think, "Tennerite is fun!" They'll think, "let's have a party for all our supporters!"

Ha ha ha!

Yes. They'll think of their neighbors; their neighbors who tried to sue them and make them stop, anonymously. They'll think, "Let's get a few signal cannons!" They'll think, "Let's shoot 50BMG at 7:00AM on Sunday!" They'll think, "Tennerite is fun!" They'll think, "let's have a party for all our supporters!"

Thats what I'd do.[party]

Fortunately, I have over 100 acres way out in the outskirts of the county. All the neighbors around shoot periodically, nobody complains....its farm country out here, everyone has guns.
My closest neighbor often joins me to shoot so no problem with her. I brought her to and paid for her concealed carry license class because she lives alone and is up in her years. Her daughter bought her a pistol and we both make sure she stays in practice with it.

"

In the email statement, the group wrote: “We do hope that the Laberge family will consider placing reasonable limits on the noise impact of the Firing Range on surrounding neighbors. The Neighborhood Group will certainly engage with them respectfully, as neighbors, in any way we can to work towards that objective.”
Right, how about F*** you and now we counter sue for the financial damages caused by your frivolous lawsuit?

This.

They forfeited the neighborly thing by filing a lawsuit. You cannot play the "good faith" card with someone when you start the conversation by going full retard.

Nice! My wife grew up minutes from the VT national guard firing range. You know what they fire up there?
Miniguns. They sound like a screaming dying cows from a mile away. Wahh!

Between this, their current gun BS and the uproar with the F-22 coming to Burlington, VT seems to be losing its hold on free state status.

I stopped and shot at that range when I dropped my daughter's friend off at Univ. of Vermont.

Victor Laberge makes custom target rifle barrels. His daughter attended Vermont Tech. College while I was there for a semester. Not only was she hot, but she could outshoot all the rest of us! Good for them. As for the National Guard range, it's been around since the 40's. After a few years, we were only allowed to shoot "practice" artillery rounds (that were hard to spot) because of all the liberal b*tches that moved into the neighborhood and complained.

I noticed "Laberge Gunsmithing" on the google map.

Pics required.
Yeah, right. That was 25 years ago. No cell phone cameras back then, but needless to say, all the rest of us enjoyed when she shot prone (think an NES avatar, but w/o the jiggle, since it was only .22's ;)

Due diligence before buying a piece of real estate is the last thing on a libtard's mind since they think they will be able to bully everyone to their position once they're there.

Back
Top Bottom