• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Vermont Sen Baruth bill to ban carry of ANY semi auto.....

So tell me, how's it working out for VT. ?
Come to think of it can you name anyplace where a bunch of conservatives have moved in, ran for office then swung it ?
I'm racking my brain but can't think of one.
And most of the one's claiming to be conservative are the Scotty Brown, Charlie Faker , Mittens Romney "Elect me and before the light bulbs cool off at the polls I'll turn on you like a rabid dog. " type conservative.

People wised up to them in their own states and they are hoping to start over with people that don't know better.
99.9% of them are the "Let me show you rubes how we did it back where I come from." type.
Google "Free State Project."

I'll also kindly point out the threshold was never "name a place where a bunch of conservatives moved in and flipped it."
Rather, it was pointing out that it's comical that someone would impose some kind of birthplace purity test where someone who's lived in a state for five years is somehow less qualified than someone whose birth certificate states they were born in the state in which they reside.

But more power to you if you prefer homegrown moonbats to liberty-minded folks moving in from the next state. Your voice, your choice [rolleyes].

If by "even from there" you meant "moved in right before the election" then I think we're more or less on the same page. But if you meant "not born there" then we do not see eye to eye.

Last edited:
For loitering, no less. 43 years ago next week.

Mel's the governor who Stephen King was talking about when he said "New Hampshire is the center of craziness here. I don't even like to go through there. It's like I hold my breath. That's the state where the governor, three or four years ago, tried to get tactical nuclear weapons for the national guard"

Good call by the governor. Isn't loitering the same as being a public nuisance? As far as Steven King goes, crazy is as crazy does.

NH is in point of fact fundamentally different than Vt

Vermont on the other hand was NEVER pro RKBA.......

They've never passed any protections for people forced to defend themselves (castle doctrine/stand your ground/etc)

Vermont has been a hard core leftist state for 35+ years that just never got around to passing gun control until recently

NH also has something VT doesn't have. I-95.

To be a Senator you should have to be born in the State you represent. He is not a Vermonter he is a transplant politician, and like the rest couldn't hold a real job if he had to.

I was born in Vermont it's disgusting what they have done to that State.

To be a Senator you should have to be born in the State you represent. He is not a Vermonter he is a transplant politician, and like the rest couldn't hold a real job if he had to.

I was born in Vermont it's disgusting what they have done to that State.
Born in the state is a bit much--I know a few people whose parents moved the family when they were 1-2 years old across the country and they have no ties to their birth state (i.e., from FL to CT), etc. I think 10 years of continuous residence is plenty adequate, enough for two or so election cycles. With the birth thing you can almost end up with the same problem in reverse--i.e., if you wanted to be a senator you're stuck running in your birth state even if you moved when you were 4 years old and have never been there since--you'd have no local connections, which was the original problem trying to be addressed.

Where do you draw the line for "becoming a [Vermonter] or X?" If I move to a state right after college and live there for 40 years can I be considered a Vermonter? I just think birth--something you have no control over--is a bad reference point.

Where do you draw the line for "becoming a [Vermonter] or X?" If I move to a state right after college and live there for 40 years can I be considered a Vermonter? I just think birth--something you have no control over--is a bad reference point.
In some Northern New England towns, you aren't considered a "local" unless your (grand)parents were born here.

I have seen it a good bit in town governments.
Move into town, 3 months later run for board of selectman and then try to turn the town into the same kind of shithole they ran away from.
Over and over and over again.

No offence to our city brethren , but in general , if you live in the city , stay there unless you want to adopt the local culture.
Not, ermagod they allow hunting here!!! ?
Well I'll put a stop to this barbaric nonsense you heathens have engaged in for generations.
There's a new sheriff in town .
Petitions, protests, derp, derp.

Oh and you WILL be getting rid of the nativity scene that's been in front of town hall for 100 years.
And town Christmas tree ? That's offensive , get rid of it.

We had one moonbat (We called them yuppies back then ) move into town and within a week start screaming for the local sand pit that we had shot in for longer than I have been alive closed down.
The town told him nope.
Part of the land was state land so he badgered the shit out of the state relentlessly for almost a year till they closed it off.
Two months later ,the pecker skipped out one step ahead of an arrest warrant for tax evasion.
We never got the pit back though.

The best advise I have always given to FNG's on the job was to shut your mouth and open your ears till you learn something.
Same should apply to transplants.

I'd love to hear from some folks from Vt on their take on their leftist gop governor and whats happening in Vt to defeat this stuff

Well, Flip Flop Phil's opposition shot himself in the foot WHEN HE LAUNCHED HIS CAMPAIGN when he said he wouldn't repeal Article 94. Later on, in a FB post, he said what he MEANT was that he wasn't going to be pushing for a repeal but he'd sign it... but too late, damage was done and too many gun owners are already saying "screw him, we ain't voting for him."

He'll be at the Gun Owners of Vermont meeting in Rutland Sunday afternoon; I'm planning to attend and see what he has to say.

its the transplants from NY and Nj mucking things up.
Ahem.
Not to be confused with pro liberty/limited govt folks that are consistent with traditional NH politics/values/etc.......we call then "Reinforcements"
Gun shop owning Reinforcement here, originally from NJ by way of Marxachusetts.

You're still a Flatlander. As am I and will be until I die. Even if I love the state the way it was when I moved up and want to KEEP it that way.

I’m not gonna waste my Sunday listening to that traitor try to make-nice for our votes.

and THAT is why we're gonna get another term of RINO FlipFlop Phil Scott.

Thank you for proving my point so well.

Maybe post details/time/etc for the meet if its public......never know who may show up as reinforcements
Gun Owners of Vermont will meet this Sunday, the 15th, at 1:00 pm at the VFW, 15 Wales St, Rutland, VT 05701

Gubernatorial candidate John Klar will be at this meeting to discuss his positions on the second amendment and article 16. We will also discuss the possibility of sanctuary towns and counties in VT.

Odd....tried to send you a message via forum and it said it could not begin a conversation with dwarven1
Strange indeed! I'm not sure how this new forum software works, so I "left" several "conversations" - let's see if that frees it up. Or you can email me - my gmail account is the same as my screen name. OR use my shop email or phone number - they both wind up on my cell phone, anyway.

I was half assed joking about the necessity of being born somewhere to be a politician in that area.

But I do know of a case where a guy moved in to Western Mass. got on the Board and cried about the high school team name being racist towards Indians. He got the team name changed and moved out of the area. Deerfield Redskins are now the Redhawks. Oh and no more tomahawk chop either that's offensive.

Typical democratic douchebag.

I was half assed joking about the necessity of being born somewhere to be a politician in that area.

But I do know of a case where a guy moved in to Western Mass. got on the Board and cried about the high school team name being racist towards Indians. He got the team name changed and moved out of the area. Deerfield Redskins are now the Redhawks. Oh and no more tomahawk chop either that's offensive.

Typical democratic douchebag.

That idiot apparently is not smart enough to realize the team name was a sign of respect towards Indians, not actually racist.

Elections have consequences, All they need is the right combination, If you don't think it can happen, Keep watching Va

As ridiculous as it sounds, similar things have been done.

"As many people know, the New York SAFE Act made it illegal to have more than seven rounds in your semi-automatic handgun magazine. The law required you to get rid of the magazine or have it permanently modified to only hold seven-rounds."
Sep 16, 2016

Back
Top Bottom