Vermont Sen Baruth bill to ban carry of ANY semi auto.....

if you still live north of the Mason-Dixon Line you deserve what you get.

Well F you too.

“Fall back” is your big plan of attack? You erecting some sort of impregnable Maginot line down there?

If we all follow your logic, we all deserve what we will get.

Classic example was Robert KKK "Sheets" Byrd.... nobody actually genuinely liked that guy, they just liked the apportionment of pork money he was able to bring back from
the feds....

ETA: A running joke a friend of mine from WV told me is "I bet somewhere it is not difficult to find an outhouse with Byrd's name on it... because pork. " [rofl]

-Mike

I mean, Killary seemed to be quite fond of him....

If every time something like this goes for a vote the citizens that own firearms show up to voice their dislike for infringing on their rights, this would happen less.
Write, email, call all you want. But if you want them to take you serious you need to make the effort and do it in person.
It's hard to ignore someone when they are standing in your face refuting your incorrect facts about how they not trying to take away your rights!

Put up or shut up!
And don't expect someone else to show up to protect your rights!
If it's worth it to you, show up yourself!

Last edited:
What is absurd today is normal tomorrow if the people get acclimated to the concept.

Imagine being a 9th grader in 1976 and what kind of grade you would have received on an essay about how the US could see secret courts and trials within few decades.

It just takes one hoplophobic state senator/rep to introduce a nasty bill like this, the question is, who will co-sponsor, how many show up for the hearings?

FTA:
VTDigger said:
Sen. Phil Baruth, D/P-Chittenden, said Tuesday he will be introducing legislation that would prevent people from carrying semi-automatic weapons in areas including parks, stores, restaurants, airports, places of worship, auditoriums, theaters and childcare facilities. It would also ban people from carrying semi-automatic firearms during political demonstrations. ... The partial ban on where Vermonters can bring guns would not apply to handguns and rifles that are not semi-automatic. And under the legislation, the restrictions would not be in effect in all public places — downtowns, and public streets would not be included, for example.

So all the VT city and town police, sheriffs, and state trooopers, will all convert to six shooters?
Would be interesting if this passed, like the NJ bill that banned over-10rd mags, and the cops found out they can't carry them off duty. Funny as hell if it passed, and no exception for the 50 was made.

What about my Webley-Fosberry?*

Related to that, I see the Mateba semi-auto revolver is going to be imported to the US again.

I would ask if the sponsor knows there is such a thing as a semi-auto revolver, but I doubt he can even define "semi-auto" correctly.

*Not really. I wish, though.

Vermont has been a hard core leftist state for 35+ years that just never got around to passing gun control until recently
To be fair, their hard core leftists weren't statists until recently. Many of them were gun-toting, deer-hunting, 1970s leftovers reading Mother Earth News by candlelight in their off-grid NEK cabins.

Their really hard core leftists still thought they might have to take up arms to overthrow the evil capitalists.

It's only been the last 10 years or so where the VT lefties grew comfortable with the pen (of legislation) was mightier than the sword. With an influx of leftist city refugees, they took that and ran with it.

born and raised in VT. Burlington and its suburbs have gone full leftist retard, if the state had a mini electoral college it would snap right overnight, its an example of what would happen to the USA if we went popular vote. As i have said before the native vermonters tend to be a conservative lot, its the transplants from NY and Nj mucking things up.

Last edited:
I recall seeing that half their lawmakers in office aren't even from VT.
I don't know how you would vote for carpetbaggers no matter what side they are on.

I recall seeing that half their lawmakers in office aren't even from VT.
I don't know how you would vote for carpetbaggers no matter what side they are on.
The same is true for NH, where our best pro-liberty and pro-gun voters tend to be from away, and the worst lefties are home-grown.

Refusing to vote for someone because of where they were born, instead of what they stand for, is ignorant.

The same is true for NH, where our best pro-liberty and pro-gun voters tend to be from away, and the worst lefties are home-grown.

Refusing to vote for someone because of where they were born, instead of what they stand for, is ignorant.
Very few people I know reside in the state, let alone town, they grew up in. I work in MA; only 2 out of the 10 people in the room I work in were born in MA, actually 3 if you count me, and I am no longer a MA resident. Right after graduating college, those that stuck around were often called "townies" and it was viewed as derisive, not a mark of honor.

There's definitely cases of carpetbagging (I recall that lady a few years ago from Illinois that ran in NH specifically after moving here like right before the election and more or less confessing), but just "was not born in this state" is a poor metric for determining eligibility. I've lived in four states already. Paid my taxes where I lived, etc.

How many here remember Mel Thomson? He was born in Pennsylvania.

Last edited:
Sorry, but having lived in several parts of the state of Vt the above is not accurate

The NY/Ct/mAss trustafarians and hippies have been invading the champlain valley, bennington corridors for easily 40 years now.

The number of people that I have met/known that fit the description you offered are a very very very very very small minority that was politically disenfranchined before they even moved to Vt.......

The leftists been statists the entire time.......implemented incrementally via taxes, regulation, unfunded mandates and a welfare program for anything you can imagine and a bunch that would leave you shaking your head in disbelief

Its been this way for decades

Vt used to be a solid republican state and as Marley states when you get outside of the larger population centers/college towns there are still some solid small gov folks but they're fewer and fewer every year and they're marginalized by the influx of far leftists that move to Vt every year

Like I said.....Vermont was NEVER pro rkba......they just hadnt gotten around to implementing statism on RKBA until recently........Champlain valley has been pushing the gun control issue for 20 plus years......Baruth has personallty been pushing for AWB's and other infringements since Newtown/2012
...and they've cultivated an Image, pervasive to the point I have to deal with people asking me, "How's your place IN VERMONT coming?" [shocked]

Like Al Balldasaro, whom I believe is originally from Malden, Ma.

the problem is culture clash, people that reside in liberal shitholes want to vacation somewhere nice, they look around and see that vermont is nice, laid back and quaint, they decide its so nice that they move there and then turn it into the liberal shithole they left. If its so nice then by all means move there but leave it the hell alone.

Last edited:
the problem is culture clash, people that reside in liberal shitholes want to vacation somewhere nice, they look around and see that vermont is nice, laid back and quaint, they decide its so nice that they move there and then turn it into the liberal shithole they left. If its so nice then by all means move there but leave it the hell alone.
I did consider it. I never said there weren't dinks who move to a place and try to change it. My point was just "you weren't born here so I won't vote for you regardless" is in my opinion a dumb mantra when we live in a country where people can move freely from state to state. This isn't bakufu period Japan where you need permission to travel from one domain to another. A person should be judged on their ideas/policies, etc., not on which state they were born in as a previous poster suggested. There's a difference between true carpetbagging and people who have good ideas moving to a different state, becoming invested in it, and trying to serve the community.

In my town a person wrote a letter to the editor that they had moved to NH from MA for "the woods and the peace and quiet" and they were pissed that in hunting season there's lots of gunfire and there's a shooting range in my town and the town next to us. The week after the paper printed a bunch of letters--from people both native to the town and those that moved there calling that person out.

To be fair......carpetbagging is a derogatory term.....always has been and it is one that not so subtly implies an unwelcome outsider bringing unwanted values/wares/etc to a town/state/etc

Not to be confused with pro liberty/limited govt folks that are consistent with traditional NH politics/values/etc.......we call then "Reinforcements"
Correct, this is what I replied to:
"I recall seeing that half their lawmakers in office aren't even from VT.
I don't know how you would vote for carpetbaggers no matter what side they are on."

My point was that "there are legit carpetbaggers who move to an area with no connections and try to gain power/pass legislation contrary to local "flavor" and then there's people that legitimately move to an area and "blend in" and try to preserve and maintain an area's traditions. The post I replied to, in my reading, seems to say not to vote for people "not from [VT] no matter what side they are on" which is something I disagree with. If my choice is a moonbat area native or the guy that moved here two years ago but has pro-liberty ideas, I am choosing the latter and not the "hometown hero." Birthplace has no bearing on my decision.

Last edited:
You're old.

I remember lots of people had those signs in front of their car and truck radiators all winter long.

LOL. What has always stuck with me about Mel Thomson was when he ordered the arrest of the Massachusetts agents who were spying on the state liquor stores for Massachusetts residents. That brought the money grubbing of MA agents (they may have been MSP troopers, I'm not positive) to a screeching halt. Image being a NH State Trooper and being ordered by the governor to arrest them?

Mel Thomson was a great believer in state sovereignty.

Oh, his "Ax The Tax" slogan was catchy too.

LOL. What has always stuck with me about Mel Thomson was when he ordered the arrest of the Massachusetts agents who were spying on the state liquor stores for Massachusetts residents. That brought the money grubbing of MA agents (they may have been MSP troopers, I'm not positive) to a screeching halt. Image being a NH State Trooper and being ordered by the governor to arrest them?
For loitering, no less. 43 years ago next week.

Mel's the governor who Stephen King was talking about when he said "New Hampshire is the center of craziness here. I don't even like to go through there. It's like I hold my breath. That's the state where the governor, three or four years ago, tried to get tactical nuclear weapons for the national guard"

I don't know how you would vote for carpetbaggers no matter what side they are on."

My point was that "there are legit carpetbaggers who move to an area with no connections and try to gain power/pass legislation contrary to local "flavor" and then there's people that legitimately move to an area and "blend in" and try to preserve and maintain an area's traditions. The post I replied to, in my reading, seems to say not to vote for people "not from [VT] no matter what side they are on" which is something I disagree with. If my choice is a moonbat area native or the guy that moved here two years ago but has pro-liberty ideas, I am choosing the latter and not the "hometown hero." Birthplace has no bearing on my decision.

When a carpetbagging politician shows up with lots of money and starts taking over in the Northeast it's the (mostly) NYC limousine elite taking over and consolidating power over "their" countryside and taking ownership of the people they see as their subjects.

Don't fool yourselves......Between the people moving into VT from the state to the "Left", and infiltrate from Liberal Western Mass, The Green Mountain boys and girls are in trouble!!!!

So tell me, how's it working out for VT. ?
Come to think of it can you name anyplace where a bunch of conservatives have moved in, ran for office then swung it ?
I'm racking my brain but can't think of one.
And most of the one's claiming to be conservative are the Scotty Brown, Charlie Faker , Mittens Romney "Elect me and before the light bulbs cool off at the polls I'll turn on you like a rabid dog. " type conservative.

People wised up to them in their own states and they are hoping to start over with people that don't know better.
99.9% of them are the "Let me show you rubes how we did it back where I come from." type.

For loitering, no less. 43 years ago next week.

Mel's the governor who Stephen King was talking about when he said "New Hampshire is the center of craziness here. I don't even like to go through there. It's like I hold my breath. That's the state where the governor, three or four years ago, tried to get tactical nuclear weapons for the national guard"
Aye to NH having tacnukes. Nay to National Guard having them - that force answers to fed.gov, and has since Reagan.

Back
Top Bottom