• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Vermont: Post July 1st Non-Residents Can't Have Mags Over 10 Rds Long Gun 15 Rds Hand Gun

If I am reading this correctly after July first no non-resident can have a magazine over 10 rounds for a long gun or 15 rounds for a hand gun in Vermont.

"Can a resident from another state bring a large capacity ammunition device to Vermont?

Until July 1, 2019, a nonresident is permitted to bring a large capacity ammunition device into Vermont provided such device is lawfully possessed by the nonresident and is to be used exclusively in an established shooting competition in Vermont. After July 1, 2019, this exception is eliminated."

New Vermont Gun Laws FAQs | Department of Public Safety

Until July 1, 2019, a nonresident is permitted to bring a large capacity ammunition device into Vermont provided such device is lawfully possessed by the nonresident and is to be used exclusively in an established shooting competition in Vermont. After July 1, 2019, this exception is eliminated.

Barney loading for production class USPSA or for SSP/ESP in IDPA. JFC.

Who cares? Haven't been there in years, not in any hurry to go back. Too bad, it's a beautiful place but it's gone full retard.
Just my two cents.
It's been at around 90% retard for the last 20 years or so...the last 10% was just a matter of time. It probably started down that road when all the draft-dodgers returned from Canada at the end of the Vietnam war in the mid-'70s.

Finally,something has been done to stop the unceasing rash of mass shootings in Vermont with those aweful evil mag clips.

I'm so f***ing sick and tired of being shit upon by Virtue Signaling Nanny Statists who'll do anything to appease their worthless base of mediocre second handers who have no purpose in life except to inflict their self-aggrandized moral superiority on others.

f*** them, let's see how many prosecutions they get.

Finally,something has been done to stop the unceasing rash of mass shootings in Vermont with those aweful evil mag clips.

Sad to see. Its only a matter of time before liberals will take everything in that state. The old free hippies are dying off and the progressives taking over.

Flip flop RINO Phil Scott breaks campaign promises as it's ok to lie to the people.
Phil-Scott-Sworn-in-as-new-Vermont-Governor-1-of-1.jpg

Entertained the out of state antis and would not talk or listen to constituents and signs the bill on the statehouse steps as an FU.
1523519784941.jpg

Hopefully will trend toward the recent events in CA:
NRA-ILA | NRA Praises Vermont Superior Court Decision on Magazine Bans

I was wondering what was going on with that lawsuit. I don't think that CA Federal district court decision will have much sway in VT but I also don't think it'll be necessary. VT's constitutional carry "policy" stems from the VT constitution and State v. Rosenthal, 75 Vt. 295 (1903). What I'm saying is VT has its own strong case law and constitutional bedrock.

I think I have figured it out. All the gun control advocates are just jealous because they did a few stupid things in their past and are no longer allowed to posess a firearm. Thus they want me to be in the same boat.

The issue is bringing in and out of the state. My understand is that non-residents and residents alike are allowed to have high capacity magazines as long as they were in the state prior to 4/11/18 or purchased by 10/1/18 from a dealer who had them in state prior to 4/11/18.

Fortunately I left my G17 30rd Happy Sticks in a sack behind a tree just over the border in VT back in 2017. I’ll pick them up and drop them off there as needed.

Back
Top Bottom