Vermont passes law to make paramilitary training camps illegal.

This is all about Slate Ridge. That mess has been going on for years and the state decided to use a nuke.

Daniel Banyai seems like a piece of shit. He went in there scorched earth, pissed off all his neighbors and sent them Christmas cards calling them inbreds. If you buy land that’s entirely surrounded by other people’s land, and they’re well established there, probably best to be forthcoming with your plans to open such a thing. I listened to this episode of ‘This American Life’ not too long ago.

Daniel Banyai seems like a piece of shit. He went in there scorched earth, pissed off all his neighbors and sent them Christmas cards calling them inbreds. If you buy land that’s entirely surrounded by other people’s land, and they’re well established there, probably best to be forthcoming with your plans to open such a thing. I listened to this episode of ‘This American Life’ not too long ago.
Bingo! This guy sounds like a complete ass hat.

No it really started in the mid 1960's when all the anti war draft dodgers were seeking a secluded place to be able to quickly jump over the border into Canada and drug/sex communes were all the rage.
Island Pond in the NEK still has a hippie population. I had a camp up that area for 15years. As time went by, I noticed more and more NY, NJ and Conn plates were becoming abundant. My quiet peaceful place was soon to end with the invasion. It took an a$$hole Long Island neighbor to push me out. And by the time VT tax laws got into the property sale, I vowed never to return. Their taxes make Massachusetts taxes blush.

In addition to all his other BS issues, the guy is a poser wanna be tacticooloperator. I don’t support this legislation by any means. That’s not where I’m going. He’s just a first rate twat waffle who tries to pass himself off as having BTDT. Hope you’re on here reading this DB.

If the neighbors dislike what he is doing, they should have bought the property. This is HOA level shit. He is not doing anything illegal so the neighbors get the government involved. No good will come of it.
The bill is extreme, unconstitutional, overreach.

But let’s not pretend this guy is in some woe is me scenario. It’s not the typical “city folk move next to an existing range”. Nor is it merely HOA level shit. He’s been a complete POS neighbor and is a poser to boot.

The bill is extreme, unconstitutional, overreach.

But let’s not pretend this guy is in some woe is me scenario. It’s not the typical “city folk move next to an existing range”. Nor is it merely HOA level shit. He’s been a complete POS neighbor and is a poser to boot.
"When a**h***s collide"... if that's not a Reddit thread, it should be.

Reminder that Vermont was a red state up until the late 80s.
NH is on its way. Small populations in sparsely populated states have their political power hub in one or two metro areas. Child’s play to rig it and flip it when the time comes, and the big city riggers turn their attention to the last few red state holdouts after Texas turns blue in 2024+

NH is on its way. Small populations in sparsely populated states have their political power hub in one or two metro areas. Child’s play to rig it and flip it when the time comes, and the big city riggers turn their attention to the last few red state holdouts after Texas turns blue in 2024+
You’re right about that, and I think they still have same day registration, so, expect bus loads of “new residents” to ride on up to vote (again). They already flipped for Biden in 2020.

From the article:
Vermont on Monday made it a crime to own or operate paramilitary training camps in the state after Republican Gov. Phil Scott signed legislation introduced in response to a firearms training facility built without permits that neighbors called a menace.

Violators face up to five years in prison or a fine up to $50,000 or both, according to the law. It prohibits a person from teaching, training, or demonstrating to anyone else the use, application, or making of a firearm, explosive, or incendiary device capable of causing injury or death that will be used in or in furtherance of a civil disorder. It also bans a person from assembling with others for such training, instruction or practice.

The gun violence prevention group led by former U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, of Arizona, who was forced to give up her political career when she was disabled in a 2011 assassination attempt, praised Vermont's law.

Yes, THIS Gabrielle Giffords..........View attachment 750798
So you cannot provide the basics of handgun, rifle or shotgun instruction as inthe NRA classes? What about hunter safety classes? Sounds like a court case they will lose.

If the US swings Right in 2024, NH will drift Reddish Purple from Blueish Purple. If the US swings, Left in 2024, NH will slide into that zone VT was in for decades before emerging Blue. I’m not sure the Free Staters can save us! :oops:

Wow. 2 months and none of us remembered this. . . .

WTH are Robin Williams and Walter Mattheau going to do???
8.jpg

(I've got to find that movie. It was pretty bad back in the day. Although living in a democrat MA household my entire life, at 12yo I assumed it was complete fiction because people can't just go to a store and BUY a gun. That's just silly.)

Sadly, I'm afraid you are correct.

Wow. 2 months and none of us remembered this. . . .

WTH are Robin Williams and Walter Mattheau going to do???
8.jpg

(I've got to find that movie. It was pretty bad back in the day. Although living in a democrat MA household my entire life, at 12yo I assumed it was complete fiction because people can't just go to a store and BUY a gun. That's just silly.)
I watched it a year or two ago. I think it was on Amazon Prime. Definitely a bit of a time capsule.

Nah. Regardless of how you feel about them, the FSP imported a large population of libertarians to NH and they integrated into local governments. I also get the sense that more free people are moving to NH than commies. The small population and style of governance can be as much of an advantage as a danger.

And if not, NH will not enact gun control in my lifetime. 😎

I don't know, what I read there seemed to show a pretty clear bias against Banyai (zoooomg, he had green military looking pants on). And all of his wonderful pro-gun neighbors raised such a stink that it ended with that bag of shit legislation being passed? Sounds more like the classic case of when aholes collide.

Back
Top Bottom