Vermont Hunting License Question

Does anyone know the previous license requirement for VT? I'm thinking about hunting there in addition to NH this year but they say you need a previous license to hunt there. Unfortunately, they don't say whether an out-of-state license is OK.

I've hunted in several states but took my hunter ed course so damned long ago (over 25 years ago) that I have no idea where my paperwork is.

Anyone from NH bought a VT license in the past and dealt with this?

Thanks.

I couldn't find a past license or hunters ed proof after we moved. I went to Fish and Game and I was in the computer from more than twenty years ago. I had to pay a $2.50 fee for the dupe hunter ed card.

I have my NH license, just wondering if VT will accept it as a previous license or if they require a previous VT license.

I hunted in VT but it was probably 20 years ago.

VT took my Maine prior license about 8 years ago. Also, strangely, they have an online license application that is basically an honor system. You affirm you had a prior license and they wil issue another one.

Dave

A previous license from a state that requires hunter ed is likely fine. It would be worth it for you to call the state you took your hunter ed class in and get the number. Most states will require it in the future. Mines from 1985 and its still good today.

Vermont didnt ask few years ago when I was living there. Iirc any previous license will do, that said if you are buying a license in a gas station and look like youve done this before they might not even ask. I went all prepared and they handed me the form took my ,oney and gave me a ,icense

Thanks guys.

I just called VT F&G and they confirmed any license is acceptable.

One of my ex-girlfriends has a grandmother who lives in northern VT and the ex is checking with her Gran if it will be OK for me to set up a stand on her property. Hopefully she won't mind.

Back
Top Bottom