Vermont High-Capacity Magazine Prosecution

the moral I took away is...whats good for the goose is good for the gander.

“It turns out maybe there are ways to prosecute when there is a will to,” he wrote. “Sadly our communities of color have understood that for a long time.”

What if you owned them before the ban went in place?

It's similar to MA wrt pre-ban mags. If the standard mags were in your possession before the law took effect, they are legal to keep.

People who owned magazines before the law took effect can legally keep them, but cannot sell or otherwise transfer the devices. The penalty for offenders is up to one year in prison, a fine of $500, or both.

It's similar to MA wrt pre-ban mags. If the standard mags were in your possession before the law took effect, they are legal to keep.

That seems more like CA where if you had them on the day the law went into effect you could keep them but never get more, or sell or transfer the ones you have. Ma you can freely transfer, buy or sell anything pre ban.

That seems more like CA where if you had them on the day the law went into effect you could keep them but never get more, or sell or transfer the ones you have. Ma you can freely transfer, buy or sell anything pre ban.

Sorry for not being more precise. The fact is that it's easier for Vermonters to skirt the VT standard capacity law than it is for us Ma**h***s to skirt pre-ban law. Every standard capacity mag, including Glock or AR15 mags available today look exactly like the standard capacity mags prior to 10/1/18 or whenever the VT law took effect. The only way to get caught in VT is to do something stupid like this dope did.

Sorry for not being more precise. The fact is that it's easier for Vermonters to skirt the VT standard capacity law than it is for us Ma**h***s to skirt pre-ban law. Every standard capacity mag, including Glock or AR15 mags available today look exactly like the standard capacity mags prior to 10/1/18 or whenever the VT law took effect. The only way to get caught in VT is to do something stupid like this dope did.

Oh, in that case yes it is much easier to pass things off as pre ban when there is little to no way to tell the difference.

pay cash next time

He very well may have...

“Vermont State Police detectives went to that store, Runnings, and viewed receipts and security camera footage that showed Misch and Shapiro shopping there on Dec. 1, the affidavit stated. The purchases included two 30-round magazines, the detective added.“

He very well may have...

“Vermont State Police detectives went to that store, Runnings, and viewed receipts and security camera footage that showed Misch and Shapiro shopping there on Dec. 1, the affidavit stated. The purchases included two 30-round magazines, the detective added.“
If he keeps his mouth shut the state wil have to prove that the mags he bought are the mags they found.

Where is this Runnings store? NH?

That may be true but it wasnt my question

You quoted text about the VT police getting video and evidence from the store, so the implication was that you were wondering whether the VT state police had a warrant to get that evidence from the store.

If he keeps his mouth shut the state wil have to prove that the mags he bought are the mags they found.

Where is this Runnings store? NH?
There are multiple locations, but there is one in N.H. in the border with VT, so I assume that is the one in question.

This is exactly right. The Vermont law is vague and virtually unenforceable. I also get the sense (I'm spending a lot of time in VT this winter :)) that there's not much interest in enforcing it. Of course, if you're trolling, harassing, and acting like a racist, you're just giving everyone a reason to f*** with you.

This is exactly right. The Vermont law is vague and virtually unenforceable. I also get the sense (I'm spending a lot of time in VT this winter :)) that there's not much interest in enforcing it. Of course, if you're trolling, harassing, and acting like a racist, you're just giving everyone a reason to f*** with you.
I’d expect him to be charged with trolling harassing and racism then.

Back
Top Bottom