• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Verifying FTF Transfers

Is it possible to call in and find out how many transfers you have done in a year?

I think that I have three done this year and just wanted to verify that, I have one more available and I would like to verify that before selling a pistol I am looking to sell.

... Look at your copies of the FA-10s?

... sorry, just being logical and assuming that you're organized enough to keep a [STRIKE]file cabinet[/STRIKE]... er, [STRIKE]a drawer[/STRIKE], um, or at least a folder, with your important documents...

Sorry, sarcasm couldn't be contained...

... Look at your copies of the FA-10s?

... sorry, just being logical and assuming that you're organized enough to keep a [STRIKE]file cabinet[/STRIKE]... er, [STRIKE]a drawer[/STRIKE], um, or at least a folder, with your important documents...

Sorry, sarcasm couldn't be contained...

+1 You should have them somewhere....and to me it'd be a better option to find them rather than calling CHSB...

You can theoretically ask for a database printout from the CHSB. I've never tried it though. I am a bit confused as to how you could lose track of how many guns you've sold this year, as the limit is only four...

I guess I should expect some of those answers.

I do have all the copies of the forms that I have from sales. I just wanted to know if you can confirm the number of sales/transfers that you have in a year.

Just curious... what happens if someone goes over four in a year? Are there penalties involved?

Cheers,

Rich

p.s. for the record I have not sold a single firearm this year... or last... or... just curious what happens if someone goes over the limit???

Just curious... what happens if someone goes over four in a year? Are there penalties involved?

Cheers,

Rich

p.s. for the record I have not sold a single firearm this year... or last... or... just curious what happens if someone goes over the limit???

Death by castration..... [crying]

Cheers,

Rich

Up to 10 years Felony, up to $10K fine. You'd serve more time for this than for murder in MA . . . after all it is a much more serious crime! [thinking] [rolleyes]

Death by castration..... [crying]

Almost as bad as death by castration.

J

You mean what actually happens or what COULD happen?

What actually happens- nothing, at least according to people I've talked
to that knew someone that "abused" the system.

What could happen- if you got caught somehow- serious penalties and jail
time, probably loss of LTC, etc, etc... so therefore, it's still best to avoid
the issue altogether by complying with the laws.

-Mike

Also, while there may not be a federal limit on the number of private sales you can do, you don't want the BATF to think you are actually in the business of dealing in firearms without an FFL.

Back
Top Bottom