Vektor SP1: consumer safety warning

rivet_42

NES Member
**AMENDED** to link to the more recent version of the video, which does not implicate the importing company, because the situation is not their fault.

These aren't common, but NES's readership is broad and diverse.

The SP1 is more-or-less a South African copy of a Beretta 92. These have a safety issue with either defective or very worn out locking blocks, such that one or both ears are either already sheared off or are ready to shear off, making the gun dangerous. Ian McCollum of Forgotten Weapons has the details. These guns look VERY worn out.

Last edited:
Ian put up a couple of follow-up videos. The original video I posted implicated the importing company, which he's subsequently admitted wasn't entirely fair of him, and was due to a misunderstanding/misinformation on his part. It turns out they only imported 10 of them, and they notified all the individual purchasers of those guns, so the importer did the right thing. However this remains a safety problem with this pistol no matter who it was imported by. I've edited my original post above to link to the amended video. Ian explains some more about what happened here:

Back
Top Bottom