• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Vehicle carry in CT.

Ok so when I purchased my first gun the shop employee told me to put gun in trunk ammo (which i purchased as well) up front in cabin area. He said the ammo and gun can't be together by law.

But if I have my gun loaded can I put it in the glove box? center console? (as long as I'm the only one inside vehicle) or does it have to be on my person regardless.

If you have a pistol permit, which I assume you do because you were able to purchase a pistol. They will never let you leave the store with a pistol without a lock on it. Technically, once you get out to your car you can remove the lock, load it, and put it in a holster on your person (just watch for that whole "brandishing thing"). I was once told your permit is a permit to carry, not a permit to leave it in your car. If you are going to the range and have several guns, it is my understanding that they have to be unloaded. Traveling interstate (say, to a match) it is best to have a trigger lock and the ammo stored separately from the firearm.

This sound about right ?

Thanks for the reply, I'm looking more towards right now if I leave to do errands and due to the uncomfortable and slower draw time can I unholster and place gun in center console loaded?? Or does it have to be on my person.

CT Law does not address the manner in which you can carry in your car(or on your person). It may be loaded on your person, openly or concealed, it can be in your center console, glove compartment. Don't ever take advice about CT gun laws from a cop or gun store owner...if you feel like reading about it..here ya go..

FYI - I have never had a trigger lock put on any firearm in bought in CT at retail.

http://www.jud.ct.gov/lawlib/law/firearms.htm

Really? I have had a trigger lock put on every rifle and pistol I have ever purchased. Except my EAA Witness that I picked up at an FFL, but it came in a combination lockable case.
Thanks for that link by the way.

CT Law does not address the manner in which you can carry in your car(or on your person). It may be loaded on your person, openly or concealed, it can be in your center console, glove compartment.

Correct. But keep in mind CT's "safe storage" laws if you're leaving the gun in the vehicle:

CGS Chapter 529 Section 29-37i:

Sec. 29-37i. (Formerly Sec. 29-37c). Responsibilities re storage of loaded firearms with respect to minors. No person shall store or keep any loaded firearm on any premises under his control if he knows or reasonably should know that a minor is likely to gain access to the firearm without the permission of the parent or guardian of the minor unless such person (1) keeps the firearm in a securely locked box or other container or in a location which a reasonable person would believe to be secure or (2) carries the firearm on his person or within such close proximity thereto that he can readily retrieve and use it as if he carried it on his person. For the purposes of this section, "minor" means any person under the age of sixteen years.

CGS Chapter 925 Section 52-571g:

Sec. 52-571g. Strict liability of person who fails to securely store a loaded firearm. Any person whose act or omission constitutes a violation of section 29-37i shall be strictly liable for damages when a minor obtains a firearm, as defined in section 53a-3, and causes the injury or death of such minor or any other person. For the purposes of this section, "minor" means any person under the age of sixteen years.

CGS Chapter 952 Section 53a-217a:

Sec. 53a-217a. Criminally negligent storage of a firearm: Class D felony. (a) A person is guilty of criminally negligent storage of a firearm when he violates the provisions of section 29-37i and a minor obtains the firearm and causes the injury or death of himself or any other person. For the purposes of this section, "minor" means any person under the age of sixteen years.

(b) The provisions of this section shall not apply if the minor obtains the firearm as a result of an unlawful entry to any premises by any person.

(c) Criminally negligent storage of a firearm is a class D felony.

Basically, the way I see it, just don't leave it in the car with a child if you do leave it there.

Thanks for the link, but keep in mind, some of the links it has are just opinions of researchers on the law.

Thanks for the reply, I'm looking more towards right now if I leave to do errands and due to the uncomfortable and slower draw time can I unholster and place gun in center console loaded?? Or does it have to be on my person.

Big C, Lets forget about the law for a moment. If you have a pistol permit, you can pretty much do what you want with it in the scenario you outlined above. Glovebox, trunk, underthe seat, its all fine.

Lets instead consider the ethical issue at hand. You have a weapon that can take a life iwth the twitch of a finger. You are ethically bound to do everything you can within reason to make sure that that weapon does not get into the hands of children and criminals. Locked in a car covers you pretty well with kids. Criminals, not so much.

My advice to you is that if you are going out with a gun and can't keep it on your person, then leave it home. Unless you have installed some kind of gun lock box in your car. Its your ethical responsibility to maintain control over that firearm.

While in general I agree with your sentiment that responsibility comes with gun ownership (or should come with it anyway), I don't think it's fair to ask or expect people to kowtow to criminals like that. Criminals don't respect laws, and theives don't respect the property of others. If they break into your home or your car, they can get to your guns just as easily. A lockbox or safe adds and extra layer of protection, that's it.

If you have a pistol permit, which I assume you do because you were able to purchase a pistol. They will never let you leave the store with a pistol without a lock on it. Technically, once you get out to your car you can remove the lock, load it, and put it in a holster on your person (just watch for that whole "brandishing thing"). I was once told your permit is a permit to carry, not a permit to leave it in your car. If you are going to the range and have several guns, it is my understanding that they have to be unloaded. Traveling interstate (say, to a match) it is best to have a trigger lock and the ammo stored separately from the firearm.

This sound about right ?

That which I bolded/made red is BAD ADVICE!

FOPA will not cover you if you use a trigger lock . . . FOPA requires a LOCKED CASE. Read and heed on Interstate travel or become a defendant in a criminal action (expensive and not pleasant).

That which I bolded/made red is BAD ADVICE!

FOPA will not cover you if you use a trigger lock . . . FOPA requires a LOCKED CASE. Read and heed on Interstate travel or become a defendant in a criminal action (expensive and not pleasant).

+1

While in general I agree with your sentiment that responsibility comes with gun ownership (or should come with it anyway), I don't think it's fair to ask or expect people to kowtow to criminals like that. Criminals don't respect laws, and theives don't respect the property of others. If they break into your home or your car, they can get to your guns just as easily. A lockbox or safe adds and extra layer of protection, that's it.

Let me get this straight. You are stating that a gun in a glove box is as responsibly stored as a gun in a safe, or a gun strapped to your hip??

Securing yoru firearm when it will be left behind in a vehicle is "kowtowing to criminals" !!!!!!!???????? You've got to be kidding. Trust me, criminals would prefer you not "kowtow" to them and leave it unsecured in the center console of your truck.

You are ethically bound to do everything that you reasonably can to prevent your guns from getting into the wrong hands.

Last edited:
Ok, this thread was created to see the legality behind having a gun off of my person while I am driving, not leaving it in the car when I go somewhere.

But since it took that turn by law, having it in your vehicle windows up and locked is technically legal even if it's wide open on the driver's seat. Obviously there are responsibilities as gun owners and ethical issues if you do this. I have locked my gun in my car, I would put magazines and ammo in glove box gun in trunk or field disassemble and put half in trunk half in glove box. I try not to practice this for obvious reasons. A lockbox or safe bolted down to your vehicle is the best solution if you must lock it up in your vehicle.

When I drive through South Carolina by law I HAVE to put my loaded gun in my Glove Box...even when I am not in my car (in the store)...if it was truly dangerous or wrong..States like this and Fla would not require people without permits to put there gun in there glovebox...I have relatives up North who never carry..just leave it in there vehicle..and have been for decades..there is a always a slight chance..but I would not worry about it..

Last edited:
Securing yoru firearm when it will be left behind in a vehicle is "kowtowing to criminals" !!!!!!!???????? You've got to be kidding. Trust me, criminals would prefer you not "kowtow" to them and leave it unsecured in the center console of your truck.

I'm saying that I keep & carry firearms to defend myself, and if that means throwing a fully loaded pistol under the seat when I run into the Post Office or other off limits place to carry (which I have done), then I'd rather do that then leave the gun at home and drive around unprotected for fear that my gun might be stolen.

if it was truly dangerous or wrong..States like this and Fla would not require people without permits to put there gun in there glovebox...

It's incredibly common to have a gun in the car here in Florida. Yes it could get stolen, and yes, they do get stolen from cars, but they also get stolen in home/gunshop/military base burglaries, and imported illegally into the US by criminals for their use. Leaving a gun in the car isn't a great option, but personally I'd rather have ready defense available. Depending on circumstances YMMV on this.

My advice to you is that if you are going out with a gun and can't keep it on your person, then leave it home. Unless you have installed some kind of gun lock box in your car. Its your ethical responsibility to maintain control over that firearm.

So do you park your car in a locked garage everywhere you go?

Otherwise, someone might steal it and run somebody over with it. [thinking]

Yes, it sounds absurd, but your insinuation that someone who locks up a gun in a vehicle is "ethically irresponsible" is equally so. It evades me why people seem to have this fetish with extending liability and responsible to absurd depths. We're now in a society where, because of this crappy mindset, the victims end up being responsible for the actions of criminals! Do you really want that?

FWIW I secure my guns as best as I possibly can, but I'm not going to "leave my gun at home" if I need it that day, just because of some made up "ethical responsibility" BS.

-Mike

When I drive through South Carolina by law I HAVE to put my loaded gun in my Glove Box...even when I am not in my car (in the store)...if it was truly dangerous or wrong..States like this and Fla would not require people without permits to put there gun in there glovebox...I have relatives up North who never carry..just leave it in there vehicle..and have been for decades..there is a always a slight chance..but I would not worry about it..

They don't require it be locked in the glovebox. They just don't allow a person without a permit to take it with them. There's a huge difference. I would say if you live in FL or NC that if you want to take your gun out of the house, step up to the plate and get a carry permit. Or at the very least, get a bike lock and run it through the ejection port and out the mag well and then around the drivers seat.

Don
p.s. I'm going to share a little story with you. I drove to my dad's office to visit him when I was in college. I was 21 with my brand new S&W 6906. It was Tax season and he's a CPA, I was bringing him a fruit salad I'd made to give him a non-junk food meal in the middle of his 16 hour days. I was only in his office for 10 minutes. When I came out my stomach sank as I saw that someone had smashed my driver's side window and stolen my stereo. I got a sickened feeling when I remembered that I had left my 6906 in the glove box. I was absolutely SICK to my stomach for the 20 seconds between when I realized I had probably just put a stolen gun on the street and when I open my glovebox to see the gun still there. The thief was probably a teenager who didn't want the "heat" of stealing a gun. Either way, i got lucky. It was a stupid thing to do.

The problem being..if you are 18-20 in FLA the ONLY way to carry a handgun is to have it in Glovebox(maybe center console too..not sure)...and SC DOES NOT accept Non-Resident Permits and does not offer Non-Res Permits..and after confirming with a lawyer/SLED there they told me "I Must put it in my GloveBox while traveling through the state."...I am not saying its the best idea..but if The Police/A lawyer are telling me....Obviously I could lock it in my trunk too...but that defeats the purpose of having it.....I understand where you are coming from with it..but in some cases its all you can do...

They don't require it be locked in the glovebox. They just don't allow a person without a permit to take it with them. There's a huge difference. I would say if you live in FL or NC that if you want to take your gun out of the house, step up to the plate and get a carry permit. Or at the very least, get a bike lock and run it through the ejection port and out the mag well and then around the drivers seat.

A Florida CWP runs $117, plus a $25-100 safety course. That's a ton of grocery money to a single mom, or to an out of work dad, especially when you factor in the cost of a gun & ammo. As buketduder also said, in Florida the only way for an 18-20 year old to have a defense gun handy is to keep it in the car.

Below I'm posting two links to cases where a gun in the glove compartment saved the day:

http://www.wftv.com/news/18427715/detail.html#

Chris did not have a concealed weapons permit, but he was protected by two other laws that allow drivers to carry guns in their cars and allow gun owners to start shooting if they witness a violent felony.

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...d-carjacker-with-her-gun.?p=922659&viewfull=1

A Tampa woman refused to be a carjacking victim when she was approached by an armed man who jumped into her car on Thursday.

The woman, who only wants to be identified as Adrianna, pulled out her own gun. "I just leaned forward and punched him in the forehead with my gun," she said. The man "screamed like a girl and almost dropped his gun" as he ran away, she added.

Feel free to make your own decisions, but there are many people who want/need to defend themselves with a car gun.

The problem being..if you are 18-20 in FLA the ONLY way to carry a handgun is to have it in Glovebox(maybe center console too..not sure)

Carrying a gun in the center console without a license is a kind of complex issue in FL. In the recent court case Poulakis v. Rogers the court said in part:

Since "securely encased" refers to things and not locations, the failure to mention a center console creates no ambiguity at all. The definition lists four specific items -- a glove compartment, a holster, a gun case, and a zippered gun case, each of which is either a box, a container, or both and requires some act to obtain access. It also includes, however, two broadly-descriptive items -- a box or container with a lid or cover that must be opened for access -- as a catch-all that would cover a host of items not mentioned in the definition. As set forth above, a center console is both a box and a container with a lid and is thus within the definition of "securely encased," even though it is not specifically mentioned.

In every FL court case regarding "securely encased," the courts have found that carrying in the center console is legal, although some feel it's a slightly gray area. However, lots of people get arrested for this anyway, since many cops consider a center console to meet this part of 790.001(16):

(16) "Readily accessible for immediate use" means that a firearm or other weapon is carried on the person or within such close proximity and in such a manner that it can be retrieved and used as easily and quickly as if carried on the person.

Strangely, the FL courts keep ruling that carrying a gun in the center console is legal, but a cop arresting someone for carrying a gun in the center console is also justified. [thinking] So even if you beat it in court, you're probably going to get arrested, unless of course you have a CWP, in which case you can carry the gun however you want in the car.

If you don't have a CWP, the glove compartment seems like the safest bet, since it's specifically mentioned as legal in statute.

and SC DOES NOT accept Non-Resident Permits and does not offer Non-Res Permits..and after confirming with a lawyer/SLED there they told me "I Must put it in my GloveBox while traveling through the state."

Also correct. But, if you're driving down 95 from CT to Florida & you have a non-res. FL CWP, you can carry on your person or in the glove compartment from Virginia all the way to FL. I have a resident FL CWP, so I can carry on my person the whole way, but I thought this info might be helpful.

If the law is stupid enough to recognize that a 18 to 20 yr old can carry in teh glove box, but they won't give that same person a carry permit, then the 18-20 yr old is certainly justified.

All the rest should step up to the plate and carry responsibly. ON THEIR PERSON. Or in a lock box of some sort.
I think we are at an impasse. My ethical belief is that if you are afforded the legal opportunity to carry on your person, which serves the double purpose of securing the firearm better and providing you with easier access to the firearm, then you should take it.

I'm sorry but the argument about the $200 cost to carry legally in FL is a red herring. The permit is good for 7 years. Thats $28/year or $2.38/month. Ask the mom who can't afford a permit how much she spends on Starbucks per month. Nope, that doesn't hold any water.

I think we are at an impasse.

Seems like we might be. Oh well [grin]

I'm sorry but the argument about the $200 cost to carry legally in FL is a red herring. The permit is good for 7 years. Thats $28/year or $2.38/month. Ask the mom who can't afford a permit how much she spends on Starbucks per month. Nope, that doesn't hold any water.

My dad owned a construction business, and in the 90's when the housing market tanked (similar to how it did very recently), he went out of business, and for several years we were extremely poor, my parents barely making ends meet, selling just about everything that wasn't tied down to support three kids. I distinctly remember the week we rode around in a car with no heat (in a New England winter, mind you) because the $10 thermostat got stuck in the open position on the car, and we couldn't afford to replace it until the check came from my mom's part time job. We were painfully poor, it made Christmas so dreary that I still prefer to ignore it when it comes around each year...there was no Starbucks; heck, sometimes there was very little food.

Nowadays I'm a young single guy who can afford an LTC. If I can't legally carry somewhere, I can legally keep it in the car in almost every case, so from time to time I do. I don't fumble with trigger locks, unloading guns or hard sided locking containers. I like to keep my defense ready, and I like to keep a low profile in public, so fidgeting with a pistol is out of the question most of the time. If the only defense option I have available due to finances or stupid gun free zones is a loaded pistol in the car, it's the option I take. YMMV.

But yeah...I'll stop rambling on now.

Also Consider the fact that some people might not Qualify for a FL CCW because of Convictions and such...but its STILL Legal for them to possess a handgun....so they again might HAVE TO carry in there GloveBox...

A conviction for a misdemeanor crime of violence in the last three years.
A conviction for violation of controlled substance laws or multiple arrests for such offenses.
A record of drug or alcohol abuse.
Two or more DUI convictions within the previous three years.

Back on CT topic:

If you have a pistol permit you can carry any kind of (EDIT) pistol, anywhere in your car loaded or unloaded. (EDIT)Any kind of rifle/shotgun/muzzle loader that is unloaded.

If you don't have a pistol permit, but are over 18, you can carry any long gun in your car (EDIT) unloaded, anywhere in your car concealed or not. If you get pulled over for something be prepared to have your car searched as the guns in view give officers probable cause to search for other weapons!!! Though the law does not require it, having a hunting permit will ease any hassle you get. There are no specific laws regarding how to transport (EDIT) unloaded weapons in state as a resident who lawfully owns a gun in CT.

For purposes of the law, locking the gun in your car, whether visible or not, is technically fine. However, if someone steals a gun that you left in your rear window gun rack, or on your car seat in plain view, expect to be dragged through the mud and a long trial by the anti's here in CT when reporting it and heaven forbid it gets used in another crime.

Obviously, if you have to leave your pistol in the car (to say go into a post office..LAME) it's best to store it out of sight for obvious reasons. There's no law about leaving your wallet on your car seat, there are laws against stealing, that doesn't mean a thief won't take it.

If you are traveling out of state you must have gun unloaded in a locked container, unless you have non-resident permits for the states you're driving through, and then (EDIT) start/destination state laws still apply, though via state rules do not providing you do not stop at any other destinations along the way.

For all practical purposes, if you get pulled over and the officer sees a gun in the car, be prepared to either present actual copies of the law (great to keep in glove box with insurance card and registration!) and have a permit or good explanation (hunting/gun related destination). Best advice: DON'T BREAK THE LAW. Drive the speed limit and no "rolling stop" at stop signs.

The bottom line is despite the 2A we still get treated like criminal scum here in CT for exercising our rights, even though in the vast majority of cases we know the law better than the people trying to give us a hard time.

EDITED: To correct only unloaded rifles may be carried. Thank you dcmdon and I stand corrected and ill informed. On intersate travel I was referring to the destination state not the via states. Sorry that was unclear. I edited that section as well.

Last edited:
I was just about to comment that Xtry is incorrect for this statement:
Back on CT topic:
If you have a pistol permit you can carry any kind of gun, anywhere in your car loaded or unloaded.
If you don't have a pistol permit, but are over 18, you can carry any long gun in your car loaded or unloaded, anywhere in your car concealed or not..

Since I remember finding that the law explicitly forbade carrying a loaded long gun of any kind in a motor vehicle. I also remember
that the law said that a muzzle loader was considered unloadedif the percussion cap was removed from the nipple.

So I go to the appropriate statute, I believe, 29-38
http://www.cga.ct.gov/2005/pub/Chap529.htm#Sec29-38.htm

and there is nothing about this.

Have I been wrong all these years? Is it legal to keep a loaded long gun in a motor vehicle?? I'm 99% sure that I am right and xtry51 is wrong
but unless I can find the statute nothing is proven.

If you can help to resolve this, I'd appreciate it. The goal is to find the truth, not win arguments. If I'm wrong, then I'll be happy, because I've learned something.

Don

****I Found IT**

YOU CAN NOT LEGALLY CARRY A LOADED SHOTGUN OR RIFLE IN A VEHICLE.

XTRY - your post below is ***WRONG*****

and can get someone in trouble if they follow your advice. Please remove your post

Back on CT topic:
If you have a pistol permit you can carry any kind of gun, anywhere in your car loaded or unloaded.
If you don't have a pistol permit, but are over 18, you can carry any long gun in your car loaded or unloaded, anywhere in your car concealed or not. If you get pulled over for something be prepared to have your car searched as the guns in view give officers probable cause to search for other weapons!!

The correct statute is right here:
http://www.cga.ct.gov/2005/pub/Chap943.htm#Sec53-205.htm

It states that: No person shall carry or possess in any vehicle or snowmobile any shotgun or rifle or muzzleloader of any gauge or caliber while such shotgun or rifle or muzzleloader contains in the barrel, chamber or magazine any loaded shell or cartridge capable of being discharged or when such muzzleloader has a percussion cap in place or when the powder pan of a flint lock contains powder.

That means No loaded shotgun or rifles in any vehicles, regardless of whether you have a pistol permit or not.

This is why whenever someone makes a legal statement, it should be mandatory that you cite the CT general statute. Otherwise incorrect information spreads like wildfire.

IT GETS WORSE.

Xtry you state that:
If you are traveling out of state you must have gun unloaded in a locked container, unless you have non-resident permits for the states you're driving through, and then still the individual state laws still apply.

This is also incorrect. When traveling interstate, you are protected by the Safe Passage Provision of FOPA. You are NOT bound by the laws of the state you are traveling through as long as you comply with the terms of the safe passage provision. In a nutshell, the firearm must not be accessable to you. That means in the trunk. If its in the trunk, it does not have to be in a locked case. If you have an SUV or station wagon, it must be in the way back and must be in a locked containter. For specific terms, please google "FOPA, Safe Passage" and you will get all the details. The key take away here is that if you comply with FOPA terms, you are NOT bound by the gun laws of a state that you are traveling through.

Your incorrect information may scare off some people from traveling with their firearms.
It could also get some people in trouble, since by your account, someone with a firearm in a locked container in the passenger compartment would be in compliance with some law that you do not cite. Again, this is wrong. The fact that thefirearm could be in the passenger compartment would make you a felon in a lot of states, regardless of whether it was in a locked case or not.

http://www.cjrpc.org/interstate_2.htm

Last edited:
My previous post has been updated. My apologies for the original incorrect info on the loaded long gun. Thank you dcmdon.

My statement on following interstate travel was intended to refer to the start and destination states laws, not the via states as they are nulled by federal law. It should be noted, however, that if you are travelling from a state that allows something to a destination state that does not, you MUST start your trip with proper storage/carry that suits BOTH states laws per the federal guideline.

Last edited:
Thanks. We've all thought we knew the law and been proven wrong. Better to find out here than in real life.

Here are some links to CGS

http://www.cga.ct.gov/2005/pub/Chap529.htm
http://www.cga.ct.gov/2005/pub/Chap529.htm#Sec29-38.htm
http://www.jud.ct.gov/JI/criminal/glossary/assaultweapon.htm

Also, please be cautious about any descriptions of the law given by the CT state police. Many of them are wrong. For example, one of the FAQs the State Police web site says that "except in certain circumstances, it is illegal to carry a handgun in the car". It references 29-38. Of course the "certain circumstance" most of us are familiar with is having a Permit to carry Pistols and Revolvers aka a Pistol Permit. Thats a pretty big exception.
So the DPS web site tries to discourage carrying of a handgun in cars by properly licensed individuals. Bastards.

Great post dcmdon, I'd just like to clarify one point.

When traveling interstate, you are protected by the Safe Passage Provision of FOPA. You are NOT bound by the laws of the state you are traveling through as long as you comply with the terms of the safe passage provision. In a nutshell, the firearm must not be accessable to you. That means in the trunk. If its in the trunk, it does not have to be in a locked case. If you have an SUV or station wagon, it must be in the way back and must be in a locked containter. For specific terms, please google "FOPA, Safe Passage" and you will get all the details. The key take away here is that if you comply with FOPA terms, you are NOT bound by the gun laws of a state that you are traveling through.

Your incorrect information may scare off some people from traveling with their firearms.
It could also get some people in trouble, since by your account, someone with a firearm in a locked container in the passenger compartment would be in compliance with some law that you do not cite. Again, this is wrong. The fact that thefirearm could be in the passenger compartment would make you a felon in a lot of states, regardless of whether it was in a locked case or not.

This is not true.

The Firearm Owners Protection Act of 1986 added the following to federal law:

Notwithstanding any other provision of any law or any rule or regulation of a State or any political subdivision thereof, any person who is not otherwise prohibited by this chapter from transporting, shipping, or receiving a firearm shall be entitled to transport a firearm for any lawful purpose from any place where he may lawfully possess and carry such firearm to any other place where he may lawfully possess and carry such firearm if, during such transportation the firearm is unloaded, and neither the firearm nor any ammunition being transported is readily accessible or is directly accessible from the passenger compartment of such transporting vehicle: Provided, That in the case of a vehicle without a compartment separate from the driver’s compartment the firearm or ammunition shall be contained in a locked container other than the glove compartment or console.

In general I think it's a very good idea to keep the gun in the very back of the vehicle and out of sight if it doesn't have a trunk, but that is not what the law requires. Otherwise pickups, sports cars, etc. wouldn't be covered.

Also, please be cautious about any descriptions of the law given by the CT state police. Many of them are wrong.

Very true.

The two hilighted parts are in perfect agreement. I don't see where you are disagreeing with me. . . . oh wait, the law says that it must be in a locked container, but does not say it needs to be in the wayback.

Either way, this hilights why I said to look it up yourself. I got it a bit wrong when describing it. Botom line is to not take my word, don't take your word. Anyone interested should look up the statute themself and/or look to an authority like the NRAILA for guidance.

Don

Back
Top Bottom