• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Vector 93(HK93 clone) help

I recently purchased a vector 93 from zero hour arms in easton, but i have been having ejector problems. I am using NATO 5.56 ammo, and the spent brass will not eject after shooting, and the spent brass is getting deformed beacuse it is trying to chamber another round from the magazine. Zero has been very helpful so far, but i was wondering if anyone had any solutions to my unfortunate predicament.Any and all help is appreciated.

It is a used gun, i have no pics, but ill try to describe it in best detail----I load a magazine, make ready, no problem, pull the trigger, and it goes off as expected. I look down at the gun, and the bolt didnt close because the round is still stuck on the bolt and it moved forward slightly as if to chamber another round, deforming the brass. (obviously the bolt cant close becuase it has spent brass stuck inside the bolt, and it is attempting to move another round into the barrel, and 2 rounds dont fit!) So what i figured is that the ejector is broken, since the rounds dont automatically eject when the bolt goes back after firing.

unless zero hour has changed in the past couple of years i would not expect much CS past sale.
i don't know how it's run now but when i was frequenting that place 2-3 years ago it was not friendly nor customer oriented.
i hope they have upped their game for your sake.

Check the extractor and spring, it might need tweaking. Happen to my friend's vector, but he sold it since then

Did you buy that last night? The set up was nice with the surefire light

I found your problem. You're running a clone.

Try hkparts.net for a new extractor spring. Possibly a newer model ejector too.

I found your problem. You're running a clone.

Try hkparts.net for a new extractor spring. Possibly a newer model ejector too.

yup, might as well get both.

i'd go back to the FFL however. if they sell you a gun, and it doesn't work right, they should make it right.

If you can (A) take a good pic of the malfunction and (B) take a good pic of your bolt, it will be easier to determine your issue. HK guns, (even clones) are not particularly problematic. As stated earlier, it may be a simple extractor and/or extractor spring issue. I've heard of roller drag being an issue, but I have never seen it happen and I had a truckload of ammunition through my 93A2. Vectors had a really good rep early in their manufacture, but post-sunset, they really got sloppy and hence they are no longer. It's possible you got a buggered bolt, but the fix, (while not cheap), is possible. The extractor and spring is going to cost you about $60.00 and that would be the route I'd go. New bolts and bolt carrier groups will blow your mind, (and your budget)...

Remove your carrier and try to move the extractor, if you can move it at all.. replace the spring. If you replace the spring make sure you clean the spring channel in the bolt-head. Unless the extractor is chipped/broken, it should be fine. With carrier in, check the height of the ejector in the slot of the bolt-head. It should be very close to touching the top of the slot. I had the same issue with one of my 93 clones and a spring solved the problem.
Check the following link for HK parts. I've bought many things from Robert without any issues.

http://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/HK91-93-SPRING-FOR-EXTRACTOR-NEW-106p2064.htm

Keep us up to date

Cheers

Hello,
Id start with a good cleaning of rifle and bolt and then order an extractor spring and new extractor, your extractor is probably out of spec and lose (US made is fine dont need the HK brand) from HKparts.net. That should solve your problem. If that doesnt fix it, continue with hammer spring, ejector, ejector spring, recoil spring and use a few dif mags to see which ones are the best. The springs on these clones are all over the place. Dont worry I just went through this process with a Bobcat MP5 clone that would stove pipe and leak casings now it throws them 15 feet and runs 100% (hammer spring was a .308 not 9mm, extractor was lose and out of spec). Good luck

If your bolt head, trigger pack, or housing are out of spec return rifle as your looking at several hundred dollars in spec parts to get it running right, unlikely tho.

Last edited:
Sorry for not posting this, have been at the range playing with my now perfectly running vector!
It now runs perfectly, the guys at Zero Hour Arms just needed to replace a spring in the firing pin (could've been the spring for the hammer, I don't remember), and I put 100 rounds of steel, and nato rounds and it works perfectly. Couldn't have been happier.
+ rep for Zero hour arms

Back
Top Bottom