• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Varget shortage?

That is absurd! Eff that guy. I’d quit shooting before I’d pay that.

This officially sucks ass. I’m doing alright, myself…but only because life tossed me two serious curveballs in the last year and I haven’t reloaded or shot anything except my Bren2ms since I moved to Kentucky 5 months ago.

Why didn’t we all prepare better? FFS. I should have bought 50,000 rounds of 7.62x39…10 pounds of Varget…200,000 primers.

I’m ‘over’ this shit, and I know you all are as well…but I’m at a point where I’ve literally lost all hope that anything that even resembles the ‘good old days’ of 2019 are ever coming back.

$60 for a pound of powder…f*** off with that shit.
9758CEDA-A56C-494A-8DD7-47937A168532.png

O Varget Where Art Thou?

MV5BNDMyMzkyMzgxN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzM3ODczNQ@@._V1_.jpg

Seriously, where is that crap? This has been going on for 3 years now? In the past I bought a jug each off of @76Too and @andrew1220 when they had extra or saw some pop up online, but this stuff is still unobtanium at any online vendor. Haven't seen any pop up locally either. Once I crank up the reloading this winter I'll probably drain a mostly full 8 lb jug, leaving one full jug in reserve. I use it for a variety of calibers and would prefer to avoid new zero's on all my damn match rifles. I even started using 2520 for .308 to reduce my Varget demand. Thankfully I'm getting great groups with the 2520.

At least Benchmark is back with availability at a couple of the usual outlets. It's my preferred powder for .223.
I can try to snag another jug for you next time I see it in stock. Seems like the base price is $316 plus shipping and hazmat from the valley

Goddammit, you guys are F-ing with me! [rofl] [rofl] [rofl]

Seriously, I'll look for a while then let it go for a couple weeks. Look again for a couple days, then do the same and give it a break. Besides the last jug I picked up from Andrew the last time I saw Varget in the wild was that douche at Camp Perry Nationals who had a jug on his table for $550.

So Harry Potter won't show me his Varget, and the Valley is completely dry of Varget. Y'all f-ing with me, and I'm on to you! [laugh]

Potter has Benchmark on sale for ~$49 o_O and IMR 4198 available at $55 :mad:. That's the crap I dump into my 458 socom loads and one of the reasons I liked it is that it could usually be found for relatively cheap pricing.

I did buy a metric shit ton of Nosler CC blems from SPS and have maybe 700 left? I have some bins of SMK's / TMK's that I bought on sale or from friends who were not using. I'm OK for primers but once I restock the reload pile this winter I'll start looking for more.

Guess I gotta get off my ass and set up a discord server? Would probably work better for me on days that I work from home as my office has a big time 'net nanny and my phone is a bit of a C-F.

Goddammit, you guys are F-ing with me! [rofl] [rofl] [rofl]

Seriously, I'll look for a while then let it go for a couple weeks. Look again for a couple days, then do the same and give it a break. Besides the last jug I picked up from Andrew the last time I saw Varget in the wild was that douche at Camp Perry Nationals who had a jug on his table for $550.

So Harry Potter won't show me his Varget, and the Valley is completely dry of Varget. Y'all f-ing with me, and I'm on to you! [laugh]

Potter has Benchmark on sale for ~$49 o_O and IMR 4198 available at $55 :mad:. That's the crap I dump into my 458 socom loads and one of the reasons I liked it is that it could usually be found for relatively cheap pricing.

I did buy a metric shit ton of Nosler CC blems from SPS and have maybe 700 left? I have some bins of SMK's / TMK's that I bought on sale or from friends who were not using. I'm OK for primers but once I restock the reload pile this winter I'll start looking for more.

Guess I gotta get off my ass and set up a discord server? Would probably work better for me on days that I work from home as my office has a big time 'net nanny and my phone is a bit of a C-F.
If you want some right now there’s another vendor who’s got 8 pounders in stock for $360 plus $48 in shipping/hazmat. So about $50 more than from the valley
I just bought some powder from them a couple weeks ago so can confirm they’re legit.

If you want some right now there’s another vendor who’s got 8 pounders in stock for $360 plus $48 in shipping/hazmat. So about $50 more than from the valley
I just bought some powder from them a couple weeks ago so can confirm they’re legit.
Sweet!!!

I could handle the extra $50 per and was able to order a jug. Considering I have a pretty big pile of 1X fired brass, my cost to reload 30-06 is ~$0.61 per round at 'just the tip' ass rape pricing.

Jug of Varget delivered this morning. Gotta train my German Shepherd to stop trying to eat the UPS guy when he comes bearing such precious cargo. Dude looked like he might wet himself- I was worried about keeping the powder dry.
[rofl]

Looks like Varget is showing up more frequently, though it still gets snatched up quickly.

Back
Top Bottom