• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Vanek Custom Glock trigger kits.

Cuz

NES Member
Anyone familiar with Vanek Custom drop in trigger kits for Glocks? I'm considering installing one in my G34 and was wondering if anyone has purchased one and what they thought about them. They are legal for the USPSA Production Division which is where I plan to shoot the gun.

Thanks,
-Cuz.

Oh well, looks like I'll have to take a chance.

I guess no one here's familiar with Mr. Vanek's kits so I'll be the first. I just ordered his #1 kit to install in my Glock. Yep, as soon as you replace the sights, wrap the grip, and replace all the internal trigger components a Glock is actually a pretty decent gun to shoot.

Does anyone shoot them like they come?

-Cuz.

Replaced the factory sights with Heinie's on both and the G-17 got a Wolff metal guide rod and spring. Other than that, they are both stock internals.

Joe R.

Replaced the factory sights with Heinie's on both and the G-17 got a Wolff metal guide rod and spring. Other than that, they are both stock internals.
Joe R.

Are the Heinie's fixed sights? I'm always afraid to put fixed sights on a gun. Then I get bummed if the gun ends up shooting high or low.

Are the Heinie's fixed sights? I'm always afraid to put fixed sights on a gun. Then I get bummed if the gun ends up shooting high or low.
I have that same issue, I actually replaced my Glock 22 site with a Glock factory adjustable. Please let us know how the trigger kit works out, mine is stock and I'd consider a replacement depending on ease of installation and function/feel.

For a REALLY nice set of fixed sights check out the Dawson narrow front FO/ Heinie Slant-pro rear w/ the race cut option from

http://www.gunracing.com/Qstore/Qstore.cgi?CMD=011&PROD=1101241117

the race cut is optional- use the drop-down menu- highly recommend it though.

These sights hit point of aim perfectly, both with the stock barrel and my new Lone Wolf barrel in my G22. Very nice for competition shooting.

Also, Mike Luciano sells the Warren/ Sevigney (sp?) sights at

www.mle-shootingsports.com

I don't own a set, but I've tried them on several other's guns, and they are really nice too- hit right at my point of aim.

Cuz- hit me up at a USPSA match, or see Mike- we'll be able to show you both kinds...

Greg

Last edited:
For a REALLY nice set of fixed sights check out the Dawson narrow front FO/ Heinie Slant-pro rear w/ the race cut option from
http://www.gunracing.com/Qstore/Qstore.cgi?CMD=011&PROD=1101241117
the race cut is optional- use the drop-down menu- highly recommend it though.
These sights hit point of aim perfectly, both with the stock barrel and my new Lone Wolf barrel in my G22. Very nice for competition shooting.
Also, Mike Luciano sells the Warren/ Sevigney (sp?) sights at
www.mle-shootingsports.com
I don't own a set, but I've tried them on several other's guns, and they are really nice too- hit right at my point of aim.
Cuz- hit me up at a USPSA match, or see Mike- we'll be able to show you both kinds...
Greg
Thanks Greg,
I've already checked out your G22 sites and Mike's as well. They are great, but I still can't get past the "fixed" aspect. Yeah, they hit point of aim on your gun, but my luck usually runs differently and they would be 4 inches high or low, which may not matter for USPSA, but it makes a big difference at plate matches. I'm fond of Dawson's sights and since I already have them on a few Glocks I figured I'd put them on this one as well. I just got the Vanek kit in today so hopefully it will get installed this weekend. I used my last TruGrip wrap on the frame last night. If I can get to the range at least once this week I'll shoot it in Production at Manville.
Damn, I'm having so much fun shooting Glocks that I've sort of forgotten about my SVI Limited gun. I need to make a decision about what I'm going to shoot at the 2007 Northeast Sectionals and start practicing. But, I digress.

-Cuz.

If you bring it for Production, I'd love to check it out and see how it is. There certainly has been enough hooplah about the kit on the BE forums. Most folks over there like them enough :)

...and I THOUGHT you had seen them before; but wasn't sure- you know how us gun folks are- "Hey, check THIS out....." ya know?

See ya next weekend!

Sights are fixed. Both are close... maybe alittle high at closer range. I like the 6 o'clock hold so not as much a hurt to use between 6 and center mass. I like the Heinie's for the glare that they get rid of if you're out in sun/ bright sun. Big thing with these and Dawson's on Glocks is to get the pusher that works with them so they go on straight.

Joe R.

Last edited:
I just installed the Vanek classic Grand Master Trigger Kit w/ Tuned Ultralight Jager Firing Pin in my Glock 17. I am in shock. It is the smoothest lightest pull I have ever felt. It was fun to install, took only an hour (that long because I had no idea how to dissasemble the gun in the first place). I cannot imagine a better trigger. The Classic version makes no external modifications so the gun still meets SSP for IDPA should I want.
Jeff P

Yep Rockcrag is right about the Classic. Cuz- I have it and use it in USPSA Production, it's pretty good- Charlie is an awesome guy that will answer any questions you have at all.

On the sights- yeah if mine aren't spot on I can't stand it. I use Dawson Adj rear and plain black front sights- they have FO as well if you prefer them.

EDIT- holy crap!!! This post started over 3 years ago! LOL. Larry I hope you get things squared away by now.

Dave,
I laughed when I saw this old thread renewed. It was like a trip down memory lane. I installed the Vanek kit in my G34 within a month of starting this thread back in 2007. Best thing I ever did. In fact, once a year when it comes time to clean the G34 I call Charlie and order a new set of springs to install. I figure if I'm going to clean it I may as well replace the springs too. Of course, last August was the one year mark and I missed it. I do hope to get around to cleaning it before next August as I truly believe 2 years is about a month or two too long to go between cleanings. :)

I re-read my posts about preferring adjustable sights over fixed and laughed again as I pulled a complete 180 a couple of years ago and now run all fixed sights. I like them better because there are no moving parts and they are dead on. I use three different fixed sights on multiple Glocks and they are all dead on. Now the only adjustables I have are on my G17L that I save for "Walls of Steel". It's the only match we shoot that requires a bit more precision than the normal games we play...

Thanks for the laughs, I hope everyone has a great new year in 2011. Hope to see you guys on the range come spring time.

-Cuz.

Dave,
I laughed when I saw this old thread renewed. It was like a trip down memory lane. I installed the Vanek kit in my G34 within a month of starting this thread back in 2007. Best thing I ever did. In fact, once a year when it comes time to clean the G34 I call Charlie and order a new set of springs to install. I figure if I'm going to clean it I may as well replace the springs too. Of course, last August was the one year mark and I missed it. I do hope to get around to cleaning it before next August as I truly believe 2 years is about a month or two too long to go between cleanings. :)

I re-read my posts about preferring adjustable sights over fixed and laughed again as I pulled a complete 180 a couple of years ago and now run all fixed sights. I like them better because there are no moving parts and they are dead on. I use three different fixed sights on multiple Glocks and they are all dead on. Now the only adjustables I have are on my G17L that I save for "Walls of Steel". It's the only match we shoot that requires a bit more precision than the normal games we play...

Thanks for the laughs, I hope everyone has a great new year in 2011. Hope to see you guys on the range come spring time.

-Cuz.

You better clean the Glock and get her ready... and on the fixed sights... I'll take the extra precision of the adjustables all the time.. that way if I'm off I have NO ONE to blame. LOL. Oh.. and my adjustables don't have moving parts- at least not while I'm shooting. Now that I say this I'm sure they will fly apart at our next match together. :)

Back
Top Bottom