Value of buying AR15 Lower FTF in Mass vs. at an FFL

Reptile

NES Member
I think there is value in this.

There is no electronic record.

Both buyer and seller must have a LTC.

Granted if used in a crime and the police look it up they will find a trail if the previous owner bought it from a FFL.

Of course if you build up this AR - you have to FA10 it.

But if you just keep it as a stripped lower this might be a good idea.

Any thoughts?

The only difference is waiting at an FFL for a 4473 to go through and potentially getting a research delay vs completing an EFA10 in MIRCS when you build it. Why keep a lower stripped? Build it. Electronic record? Only if you EFA10 it. Let’s see how many people on here do that now after the FRB just doxxed ya’all.

The only difference is waiting at an FFL for a 4473 to go through and potentially getting a research delay vs completing an EFA10 in MIRCS when you build it. Why keep a lower stripped? Build it. Electronic record? Only if you EFA10 it. Let’s see how many people on here do that now after the FRB just doxxed ya’all.
A FFL has official records that can be searched. Some FFL's FA10 the lowers, also.

A FTF sale has no recorded records.

A stripped lower can be useful after all your other stuff has been confiscated after the government looks everything up in their files.

A FFL has official records that can be searched. Some FFL's FA10 the lowers, also.

A FTF sale has no recorded records.

A stripped lower can be useful after all your other stuff has been confiscated after the government looks everything up in their files.
Based on the above, you’re either way now, a prohibited person and likely in jail already if they’ve confiscated your other stuff or in possession of something illegal to own anyway. Lots of FFLs dont FA10 stripped lowers too. But I get your point. I’d prefer the lower where I don‘t have to worry that it (and me) are now on a list.

Last edited:
Based on the above, you’re either way now, a prohibited person and likely in jail already if they’ve confiscated your other stuff.
I'm legit and have a good reputation with my town PD.

I'm just thinking it would be good to have stuff off the books to an extent.

I like the fit and finish of a manufactured lower even though I can get a ghost gun and be really off the books.

Heck, 80% lowers and jigs are still legal so if I were a PP, I'd go that route.

I'm legit and have a good reputation with my town PD.

I'm just thinking it would be good to have stuff off the books to an extent.

I like the fit and finish of a manufactured lower even though I can get a ghost gun and be really off the books.

Heck, 80% lowers and jigs are still legal so if I were a PP, I'd go that route.
I’d prefer to keep everything off the books, and for the government to protect and defend my 2A rights too, but this ain’t your grandpa’s US of A anymore.

Come to think of it, does a Sig p320 or p365 FCU need to be EFA10ed on a private party transaction? Or can that be transferred “bill of sale” given, like an AR lower, it isn’t a firearm?

I’d prefer to keep everything off the books, and for the government to protect and defend my 2A rights too, but this ain’t your grandpa’s US of A anymore.

Come to think of it, does a Sig p320 or p365 FCU need to be EFA10ed on a private party transaction? Or can that be transferred “bill of sale” given, like an AR lower, it isn’t a firearm?
A FCU is not a firearm in Mass.
I think it can be freely sold to anybody.

Below is some really off the books stuff:

I think there is value in this.

There is no electronic record.

Both buyer and seller must have a LTC.

Granted if used in a crime and the police look it up they will find a trail if the previous owner bought it from a FFL.

Of course if you build up this AR - you have to FA10 it.

But if you just keep it as a stripped lower this might be a good idea.

Any thoughts?
[rofl]

Lol dude as soon as someone registers it, thats all over. And if it was stolen and traced, they still find you eventually. There's always a record
somewhere unless you bought a 80% in cash and built it yourself.

[rofl]

Lol dude as soon as someone registers it, thats all over. And if it was stolen and traced, they still find you eventually. There's always a record
somewhere unless you bought a 80% in cash and built it yourself.
Ok, so lets say that if I bury a FTF bought lower - getting it FTF would be ideal.

I actually have almost all my guns buried in 4 different states.

I'm just looking to keep my booty less traceable.

If I ever have to dig it up - it's Go Time anyway so registration wont matter at that point.

Even though it's legal, there are many here who are uncomfortable with not having paperwork given to the state regarding the sale. Pant shitters gonna pant shit.
I presume you are talking about the SIG FCU.

People who buy and sell AR15 lowers FTF normally don't care to FA10 a stripped lower.

My point was that even though its within the law, there are people who are uncomfortable doing a stripped lower transaction outside of an FFL or efa10. I have seen this firsthand. We should be educating our fellow gun owners and this thread is a step in the right direction.

My point was that even though its within the law, there are people who are uncomfortable doing a stripped lower transaction outside of an FFL or efa10. I have seen this firsthand. We should be educating our fellow gun owners and this thread is a step in the right direction.
So, are you saying the sellers should or should not use an FFL or FA10?

People who buy and sell AR15 lowers FTF normally don't care to FA10 a stripped lower.
Kind of begs a of side question or two as well. For example, would you have to eFA-10 a built-up lower that has never been mated to an upper (so it's never been able to discharge a projectile) if you sold it FTF in MA?

Kind of begs a of side question or two as well. For example, would you have to eFA-10 a built-up lower that has never been mated to an upper (so it's never been able to discharge a projectile) if you sold it FTF in MA?
No. And frankly, if I were still in MA, I’d never EFA10 a built firearm again after the FRB doxxed everyone. Registration is supposed to be illegal and is unconsitutional. Registration is the step right before confiscation.

4473’s for frames would be a hell of a task for .gov to audit and/or track. Nonetheless that frame has a papertrail. Parts? Not yet…

For a seller CYA, I’d be surprised if people are not at least completing a bill of sale. A FTF transaction of a serialized lower without an FA10 doesn’t somehow obliterate the chain of ownership.

Ok, so lets say that if I bury a FTF bought lower - getting it FTF would be ideal.

I actually have almost all my guns buried in 4 different states.

I'm just looking to keep my booty less traceable.

If I ever have to dig it up - it's Go Time anyway so registration wont matter at that point.
Damn, I can see it now. Driving the Ruckus around with a shovel and duffle bag trying to get to all 4 locations in time to get ready for Go Time.

Back
Top Bottom