Value of a very low serial number m1 garand?

Hey guys, firstly no I don't have any pictures but I'm just looking for a ballpark value for a friend. The gun in question is a Springfield m1 serial is 106xx that's right under 11,000! It's a complete gun appears to be in good shape has recently been fired without issue...

Hey guys, firstly no I don't have any pictures but I'm just looking for a ballpark value for a friend. The gun in question is a Springfield m1 serial is 106xx that's right under 11,000! It's a complete gun appears to be in good shape has recently been fired without issue...

I'll give you $500 for it.

er... I mean, I'll give your friend $500 for it.

Does it have any original parts? Close to the CMP prices, maybe a little more if you find the right buyer. The more original parts, the more the price can go up.

No rebarelled in 53 I think he said and the stock isn't original... I guess it's an original gas trap reciever but was converted to the more modern gas system. I'm new to garands so I don't know all that much about them just that it's a fairly early one... And I guess that can ad a premium

Rebuilt mixmaster not much more value than regular mixmasters. Stripped receiver may be worth little more than run of mill one to someone looking for a early receiver for a restoration project.

I would look to the CMP website forum for info. Those guys know it all. I bet they would lead you in the right direction. If I remeber there was somthing about early op rods that were not good to shoot but had some collector value. I bet if it was rearmoured they changed it out.

Should also add to add alot of premium to it, would neeto be a unique serial number (10,000, 11111 ect) rear receiver heal escaped lead dipping during rebuild, and or no 7th round modification to receiver. Recently seen 5 4 digit mix masters with mods sell for 550-850

Should also add to add alot of premium to it, would neeto be a unique serial number (10,000, 11111 ect) rear receiver heal escaped lead dipping during rebuild, and or no 7th round modification to receiver. Recently seen 5 4 digit mix masters with mods sell for 550-850

Oh wow I never see the cool stuff... I'd love to get one with a lower number just to toy with him lol

If it's a typical mixmaster then it's a $600-700 rifle. That's not what dealers will sell them for, but they are too high as far as I'm concerned.
An M1 from the CMP is $625. If they get 6 digit ones they just send them out as luck of the draw. Some people want them, but I don't see them paying high prices for them.

Cmp forums or google Scott Duff. There's so much that can make them worth something or worth cmp prices.

Back
Top Bottom