• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Value of a molested Russian SKS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know a guy trying to offload a few things and I was interested in his SKS. No idea what to offer and I didn't want to scam him since hes a good guy trying to get funds together for a lathe. He has the original stock and the original cover all matching#'s except it had the bayonet removed and the brake looks aftermarket. I was going to offer $200 but if its worth way more I would rather see him sell it to someone else and get more for it.

2012-12-07

This says made in Russia CCCPP40260
2012-12-07

2012-12-07

2012-12-07

Were it unmolested & matching numbers, at least $450. Since it's been chopped up, any of its value would be as a great shooter. I'd guess value at around $300. Basing that on me staring at SKSs on gunbroker every night. ;)

I wouldn't pay 300$ for it, i feel that the 200$ which was your original idea was fine. Most likely its it not parts complaint so you gonna have to change somethings anyways, which means more money into it.

I wouldn't pay 300$ for it, i feel that the 200$ which was your original idea was fine. Most likely its it not parts complaint so you gonna have to change somethings anyways, which means more money into it.

OP mentioned it came with original stock & cover. Take the brake off and its compliant.

Its a Tula 56. Looks like the bayonet lug was ground off. If you really wanted to you could always swap out the lug/fsb for a new one as its all one piece. Not sure what those are going for but as for the rifle itself right now its just a shooter and that's even with what original parts he has put back on. Go ahead and offer $200. Its probably worth a little more but not much.

Agreed. $200 maximum, with the chopped bayonet lug.

Too bad. This was one of the less common letter series guns that did not see the BBQ-paint refurb. It was a $5-600 gun. And if it came with an original finished stock with cartouches around the crossbolt, he chopped up a $1,000 gun. It could have been THAT collectible.

Now, it is just a $200 shooter.

He found the bayonet so all the original parts are accounted for except the bayonet lug now. He also has a 2nd one dated 1954 in the same shape.

Thanks for all the input everyone. Reps inbound as soon as i get back home.

I know I'll take a lot of heat from some, and I wouldn't do this to one of my SKS's...but, it don't look half bad. Better than those tapco stock sets.
I'd buy it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom