• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Valor Act Ruled Unconstitutional

My Dad used to drink Black Label. When I was kid he used to give us a sip, I thought it sucked... I had it recently... It still sucks.
I can't imagine drinking it at room temperature of Vietnam from a rusty can.

It's real popular in Britain, but if you've ever been there you would know that the Brit's are genetically born without tast buds!

Back in the late fifties.......Carling had a slogan in their early radio commercials....."Mabel,... Black Label"

When my Dad and his drinking buddies heard it, they would shout out...."Get off the table Mabel.....the quarters for the beer!"

[rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl]

(You have to be an old fart like me to appreciate that![smile]

I can't imagine drinking it at room temperature of Vietnam from a rusty can.

Room temperature???? I wish. Pallets of beer used to sit out in the sun and the sun and elements would fade the cans. The supply chain was pretty basic....no warehouses or even cover for much of the equipment and food/drink. The typical temps in Vietnam, other than during the monsoon season, were well into the 100's. I remember the beer and canned soda was typically pretty flat.

So you're saying that some soldiers were selling your equipment to the NVA/VC? [shocked]

The "cowboys" I referred to were young Vietnamese youth riding Honda 90's or something similar. Their motorcycles were more like suped up mopeds versus what we think of a motorcycle. They were pretty much hoodlums, good at grabbing cameras, or anything they could from unsuspecting GI's walking around. As Skysoldier stated, GI's did not engage in selling stuff to the VC or NVA, at least knowingly. As for our supply sgt who was tarred and feathered, he was trading our stuff to other supply sgt's for his own personal gain in the form of goods and cash.

Does this mean I can go back to wearing my astronaut suit?

This is a tactical setback that could lead to a strategic victory. The best thing that could happen on this issue is to elevate it as a First Amendment issue before the Supreme Court. En route, everyone on politics could weigh in on it. The conservatives, of course, would support the law while some of the liberals would oppose it. That would be wonderful political sport to witness, every night on TV, the craziest liberals argue for the right of scumbag imposter's to declare themselves winners of the Medal of Honor. Following that come the combat buddies, friends, and family of fallen MOH winners in rebuttal, if not those few MOH winners themselves. It would educate the MOH on just what it is all about and the military, too. When you contrast the heroes of the military to the scumbags who would publicly favor stolen valor, it would be a media slam dunk. It would make the liberals look like treasonous jackasses, even more than they are now, and fracture the left as the decent liberals scramble to distance themselves from the loony left.

Bring it on.

Back in the late fifties.......Carling had a slogan in their early radio commercials....."Mabel,... Black Label"

When my Dad and his drinking buddies heard it, they would shout out...."Get off the table Mabel.....the quarters for the beer!"

[rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl]

(You have to be an old fart like me to appreciate that![smile]

Did they ever heat up the quarters with a cig lighter ??[smile]

It was on the 50's TV too.

Wasn't it "brewed on the shores of Lake Chochichuit?"

I"m old too.

This is a tactical setback that could lead to a strategic victory. The best thing that could happen on this issue is to elevate it as a First Amendment issue before the Supreme Court. En route, everyone on politics could weigh in on it. The conservatives, of course, would support the law while some of the liberals would oppose it. That would be wonderful political sport to witness, every night on TV, the craziest liberals argue for the right of scumbag imposter's to declare themselves winners of the Medal of Honor. Following that come the combat buddies, friends, and family of fallen MOH winners in rebuttal, if not those few MOH winners themselves. It would educate the MOH on just what it is all about and the military, too. When you contrast the heroes of the military to the scumbags who would publicly favor stolen valor, it would be a media slam dunk. It would make the liberals look like treasonous jackasses, even more than they are now, and fracture the left as the decent liberals scramble to distance themselves from the loony left.

Bring it on.

The law of giving someone enough rope to hang themselves by popular opinion. Nice. Subtle and nice.

Only thing worse than Black Label is drinking a Balentine Cream Ale after its been floating in an 86 degree pool all day.

Because their refrigerators are all made by Lucas?

Yes. None of my bikes were English, but I did have an Austin-Healey Sprite once. Actually had an electrical fire once with the car parked at the curb, the key in my pocket and everything turned off.

Last edited:
Had an Austin Healey 100-6 in my younger days and not a soul could make the lights on the dash stay on continuously. And it refused to start if it was raining. Electrical nightmares those British cars.

Room temperature???? I wish. Pallets of beer used to sit out in the sun and the sun and elements would fade the cans. The supply chain was pretty basic....no warehouses or even cover for much of the equipment and food/drink. The typical temps in Vietnam, other than during the monsoon season, were well into the 100's. I remember the beer and canned soda was typically pretty flat.

This! To this day, I cannot drink Bud. It was all we had at Camp Eagle, and baked in the sun on pallets. When I moved to aviation, conditions were better.

I am headed to the mall in a few to use my strobes and yell at kids to move along. I am ok on the mall cop thing right?

I personally take offense when people claim to be vets and actually live out their fantasy in that they drag other people into their world for personal gain. They have absolutely no honor. Now I don't know how far the person in the original story went, but I'm thinking that since he started a veteran's organization he more than likely forged a DD Form 214 and that document right there is a lot of "proof" of service as it's basically a summary of service with deployments, medals and decorations. I think that forging a government document like that should carry the same punishment as filing a false Social Security claim. I'm a 100% disabled veteran, I'm 38 and already collect Social Security Disability and I'll be damned if some lowlife claims injuries when their only military experience is playing COD. These a-holes should be made to volunteer in a major military hospital to take care of severely injured combat vets to see directly from who's honor they are really stealing and maybe, just maybe they'll see how wrong it is.

I completely agree with your recommendation for some sort of community service, particularly at a VA Hospital. That the Valor Act has been ruled as unconstitutional is yet another indication of our backboneless society going further down the tubes.

A VA hospital isn't enough to see real suffering on a larger scale. VA hospitals are great places to visit older vets who pretty much have no one to take care of them and typically don't have any visitors. When I was active duty our squadron would plan visits to the local VA hospital and you could see how happy the vets were to get visitors. Now the guy in the story needs to go to Brooks AMC or another large trauma hospital that have a large influx of current combat vets who are in real bad shape and this is where that person needs to help out. Many of these stolen honor idiots really don't know what it is to have to live with serious disabilities and the actual toll it takes on families. My family life is no bowl of cherries as my wife must care for me along with our 2 small children and there are times when she just wants to throw her hands up and quit because it's almost too much to deal with. These people just don't have any idea how their actions hurt disabled vets because they have absolutely no clue.

I completely agree with your recommendation for some sort of community service, particularly at a VA Hospital. That the Valor Act has been ruled as unconstitutional is yet another indication of our backboneless society going further down the tubes.

Back
Top Bottom