• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Valhalla tactical (the one with the vtsupply.com URL) review *****

There are a bunch of vendors out there using "Valhalla" in the name, but this is the one of which I speak:

vtsupply.com

I wanted to buy a RockRiver 9x19 conversion for an AR. I've found that this model works nicely, does not mark up or damage the lower it is used in, and doesn't force me to choose between ten round illegal in the DPRM post ban Glock magazines since Uzi mags work nicely if they have a bolt catch notch cut. So far, so good.

But, I start reading reviews online about how there was a change in design, and someone found it not as nice as the old one that resembles the pinned in block present on factory Colt AR15 9mms. See New RRA 9mm Magwell Conversion Blocks PIC ADDED - AR15.COM for a discussion of this. I choked at the $60 above retail price Brownells has set, and found it for $170ish on the above mentioned site. But, vtsupply charges 20% restocking if you return for funds rather than and exchange. I emailed VT Supply expressing my concern and asked if they would waive the return fee if the unit was not as expected.

Aaron at VT Supply was kind enough to offer to waive the 20% if I returned it provided I kept it in "new" condition.

Well, the good news. The block I received is the identical style as the old one this guy named JP gave me a few years ago, with the only difference being the lack the while "9mm' engraved on the bottom of the mag well. I can live with that. The block fits nicely, as do the mags I have been using with my current block, so I will not be returning it. Perhaps the reason Brownell charges $60 over retail could be a limited supply of the older design.

VT Supply is run by a couple, presumably out of their house. Very nice to deal with, very prompt shipment, and they demonstrated they can be flexible when appropriate. Definitely on my list of "go to" vendors.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom