Votes: 281 49.4%
  • I would not but must in order to work - or other requirement

Votes: 44 7.7%
  • I will of my own volition

Votes: 219 38.5%
  • I will AND it is required of me for work - or other reason

Votes: 25 4.4%

• Total voters
Mrs. KD and I will get it when it becomes available to us. However, we're going to be a fairly low priority. By the time it's available to us, I expect any serious problems will have already surfaced. We got flu shots this year and recently did the shingles vaccine. Neither one of use has EVER had a problem with a vaccine or flu shot.

Sure ok because none of these laws will matter. [rofl] [rofl] [rofl]
Massachusetts laws
MGL c.76 § 15 Vaccination and immunization of students
MGL c.76 § 15C Immunization of college health science students
MGL c.76 § 15D Immunization of college students for meningococcal disease
MGL c.111 § 6 Power to define diseases deemed dangerous to public health; control and prevention
MGL c.111 § 24M Mass. Immunization Information System, a computerized registry
MGL c.111 § 181 Enforcement of vaccination of inhabitants of towns
MGL c.111 § 182 Vaccination of inmates and employees of various institutions
MGL c.111 § 183 Exemptions to sections 181 and 182
MGL c.112 § 12C Immunity of physician or nurse administering immunization from liability
Massachusetts regulations
105 CMR 220 Immunization of students before admission to school
105 CMR 222 Massachusetts Immunization Information System
105 CMR 430.152 Required immunizations for campers and staff
From the looks of it, the only one there that applies to the "average" person is section 181. Quoting it in its entirety (highlight mine):
"Boards of health, if in their opinion it is necessary for public health or safety, shall require and enforce the vaccination and revaccination of all the inhabitants of their towns, and shall provide them with the means of free vaccination. Whoever refuses or neglects to comply with such requirement shall forfeit five dollars."​
I think we're good.

From the looks of it, the only one there that applies to the "average" person is section 181. Quoting it in its entirety (highlight mine):
"Boards of health, if in their opinion it is necessary for public health or safety, shall require and enforce the vaccination and revaccination of all the inhabitants of their towns, and shall provide them with the means of free vaccination. Whoever refuses or neglects to comply with such requirement shall forfeit five dollars."​
I think we're good.
Haha funny. However you will get it if mandated so that’s the point.
I think we're good.
yeah but if they want the can force it that’s what the scotus decision was about. Soooo if the deem it mandatory you indeed will have to get it

Mrs. KD and I will get it when it becomes available to us. However, we're going to be a fairly low priority. By the time it's available to us, I expect any serious problems will have already surfaced. We got flu shots this year and recently did the shingles vaccine. Neither one of use has EVER had a problem with a vaccine or flu shot.

I agree with you 100% on this. Neither have I. However, you have to realize, the COVID vaccine is a completely different type of vaccine. It is the FIRST one of its kind, ever, with no track record. It isn't even approved, just has an emergency use approval. That, in and of itself, is what many have issues with.

The best of luck in whatever you decide.

I think we're good.

Here, I'll give you $10, just go away. [rofl]

You give the vibe of a perverted freak that gets off on power. Anything on your computer your sex crimes colleagues should know about?

Every time I see him post like this, I imagine that South Park episode with the Comcast employee who rubs his nipples with pleasure when he says stuff customers won't like.

I don't think the reasonable folks on here are in any way anti-vax. It's more of a healthy dose of skepticism that's keeping me from rushing the doors Black Friday style to get vaccinated. And then putting my "I got vaccinated" sticker on, taking a thumbs-up selfie, and putting it up on FB. Yay! I resent the "I did my part"/"Everyone should get it" aspect of this that puts pressure on people and vilifies them if they even hint at any hesitancy. I've had a flu shot once in my life (for a brief job that required it). Never had the flu, ever. I'm not convinced that I should get a shot to prevent a disease I'm not likely to acquire and almost certainly would survive...

yeah but if they want the can force it that’s what the scotus decision was about. Soooo if the deem it mandatory you indeed will have to get it
What the state laws says is that they can fine you. Period. It does not say that they can force you.

You might want to read them again. Indeed they can force you. Schools and employers regularly do it and the State can during a pandemic.
96420-Antelope-Eating-Popcorn.gif

Why would the NIH, FDA and CDC not acknowledge a plethora of clinical trials when all of them reach the same conclusion -- it works? Simple -- it is illegal to issue an EUA for a drug if there is a safe and effective alternative; such an application has to go through regular order and procedure. To get the vaccine EUA the government had to ignore the evidence of effectiveness and that willful and intentional action is directly resposnible for over 150,000 deaths.
What is EUA? What is this "safe and effective alternative"? What are these 150k deaths?

I think we're good.
I saw that. Pretty funny if that is still the law.

See above.

You might want to read them again. Indeed they can force you. Schools and employers regularly do it and the State can during a pandemic.
I did read it. Again, here it is in its entirety:

All the state can do to you is fine you. Period. It cannot force you to get a vaccination. It can prevent you from going to school, but most adults aren't effected by that. Your employer can impose all sorts of requirements on you, but that's your employer, not the state. All the state can do is fine you $5.

Seriously, this is the link YOU provided. Where does the link YOU provided to 181 say they can force you? Nowhere. You continue to be unable to provide a link to a law (note: a Wikipedia article is not a law) that says the state can force me to take a vaccination.

Your contention is that the state can force you. Prove it with a cite to that law or move on.

Sure ok because none of these laws will matter. [rofl] [rofl] [rofl]
Massachusetts laws
MGL c.76 § 15 Vaccination and immunization of students
MGL c.76 § 15C Immunization of college health science students
MGL c.76 § 15D Immunization of college students for meningococcal disease
MGL c.111 § 6 Power to define diseases deemed dangerous to public health; control and prevention
MGL c.111 § 24M Mass. Immunization Information System, a computerized registry
MGL c.111 § 181 Enforcement of vaccination of inhabitants of towns
MGL c.111 § 182 Vaccination of inmates and employees of various institutions
MGL c.111 § 183 Exemptions to sections 181 and 182
MGL c.112 § 12C Immunity of physician or nurse administering immunization from liability
Massachusetts regulations
105 CMR 220 Immunization of students before admission to school
105 CMR 222 Massachusetts Immunization Information System
105 CMR 430.152 Required immunizations for campers and staff
I'll pay the $5
Section 181: Enforcement of vaccination of inhabitants of towns

Section 181. Boards of health, if in their opinion it is necessary for public health or safety, shall require and enforce the vaccination and revaccination of all the inhabitants of their towns, and shall provide them with the means of free vaccination. Whoever refuses or neglects to comply with such requirement shall forfeit five dollars.

Is English your second language? They can FORCE you to either get it or pay $5 and not get it. IT IS EITHER / OR. There is a choice.

Is English your second language? They can FORCE you to either get it or pay $5 and not get it.

I don't disagree thats what it says, but its naive to think the MA government will let people just pay $5 and be done with it. They'll start making new laws, or king charles will make a new decree saying the cattle must get their shots or something. Whatevers best for the Commonhealth of Massachusetts

I think we're good.
If they were able to pass the "upskirt bill" in an afternoon, they'll be able to pass a law (or simply amend the existing one) to jack this up $5,000 or $50,000 very quickly and very easily.

Anyone that thinks if they get a hard on for forcing vaccines they'll leave the $5 as the punishment is not very familiar with MA legislature.

Whether they get compliance or not is another matter.

I don't disagree thats what it says, but its naive to think the MA government will let people just pay $5 and be done with it. They'll start making new laws, or king charles will make a new decree saying the cattle must get their shots or something. Whatevers best for the Commonhealth of Massachusetts
That is hypothetical. And changing the argument. I have no doubt that they CAN, but they HAVEN'T. We are speaking what is current, not potential.

I did read it. Again, here it is in its entirety:

All the state can do to you is fine you. Period. It cannot force you to get a vaccination. It can prevent you from going to school, but most adults aren't effected by that. Your employer can impose all sorts of requirements on you, but that's your employer, not the state. All the state can do is fine you $5.

Seriously, this is the link YOU provided. Where does the link YOU provided to 181 say they can force you? Nowhere. You continue to be unable to provide a link to a law (note: a Wikipedia article is not a law) that says the state can force me to take a vaccination.

Your contention is that the state can force you. Prove it with a cite to that law or move on.
You might move on as your grasp of law is quite limited.

Is English your second language? They can FORCE you to either get it or pay $5 and not get it. IT IS EITHER / OR. There is a choice.
Again insults, fairly juvenile in my opinion. That being said if you do not see that indeed Mass can force them, you’re missing what has occurred in the past. The legislature will do what they did prior which was force them on you i.e. Smallpox vaccine.

You might move on as your grasp of law is quite limited.
You may provide as many insults as you wish. What you clearly can't provide is any cite to an actual law to back up your increasingly untenable contention.

Come on, stand up to your bold talk. Provide a cite to an actual law that states that the Commonwealth can force me to take a vaccine.

You may provide as many insults as you wish. What you clearly can't provide is any cite to an actual law to back up your increasingly untenable contention.

Come on, stand up to your bold talk. Provide a cite to an actual law that states that the Commonwealth can force me to take a vaccine.
It’s not an insult, it’s an observation. They are quite different. You only need to look at the past actions by the state, should you want to take the stand of “I will never bow to the state etc..” you can surely do so. However as Massachusetts has proven time and time again the state has much more power than people are aware of, if you need proof of that just look around at the ghost town called Boston where the actions of one man have been able to crush entire businesses and lives. If you don’t think it’s easily done with vaccines you are kidding yourself.

Back
Top Bottom