• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Vaccine Poll

Will you take Covid vaccine shot(s)

• I will not

Votes: 281 49.4%
  • I would not but must in order to work - or other requirement

Votes: 44 7.7%
  • I will of my own volition

Votes: 219 38.5%
  • I will AND it is required of me for work - or other reason

Votes: 25 4.4%

• Total voters
sham; it's funny they can't find a cure for the common cold or flu but they can come up with a cure for something 10 times as deadly in less than a year. it's about lining bill gates and big pharma's pockets: like a computer virus they same group that creates it sells the remedy.

Unfortunately there is no guarantee that it will work and be safe for you and while you think you're safe you very well may be infecting others.

I plan on just continuing what I am currently doing behaviorally even after I’m vaccinated. And of course, there are no guarantees.
My perspective is biased as I’ve seen a lot of people (including some young, healthy folks) die of COVID.

I was looking for the "/sarc"...

No, lots of places that give shots want you to hang out for 15 minutes or so. That is nothing new this year or 20 years ago. That should catch most of the immediate issues.

Do I need to link Merriam Webster so you can look up what "immediate" means?

I'm not an antivaxxer, I am anti rush, break, bend fda regs, to rush to market a vaccine for a virus in 10 ish months. Last February big pharma didn't have a clue how to fight this. Doctors were sharing advice and trying to figure this bug out. Big pharma has been studying aids for 40 plus years. Cancer for at least double that. Where is the aids vaccine? The cancer vaccine or cure? Hep a b c ?

So along comes a brand new bug we know nothing about and miraculously the FDA regs can suddenly be bent, trials shortened, or eliminated. In less then 10 months we go from zero to full on vaccine.

I don't trust this at all.

I believe in time there will be lawyers soliciting cases for the 2020 2021 covid vaccine adverse reaction settlement.

Watch tv for an hour or two, and see how many drugs that were prescribed that are now in settlements and think, those were not rushed, rules were not bent for them.
My plan is this I load up on Vitamin C, D and K which studies have shown limit risk naturally. Every morning I make a shake out of spinach, kale, blueberries, strawberries, 2 oranges, 2 bananas, and half an avocado. To this I add about an inch and half of oat milk and an inch of coconut water. Last time I had a cold was October 2019. I mask in public, maintain separation in stores, limit shopping to once, twice a week. I am declared essential still have to travel to the workplace and back.

I will keep doing what works for me and watch everyone who lines up and rolls the dice with the vaccine and its potential unknown, undefined, undiscovered to date side effects. Guinea pig nor sheep will I be.
As someone else said manage your risks.

No, lots of places that give shots want you to hang out for 15 minutes or so. That is nothing new this year or 20 years ago. That should catch most of the immediate issues.

Well, my worst vaccine reaction to date was the day after shingles shot part 1, when I felt like warmed-over crap. (In fairness, I was warned that was likely.)

I use to get the flu shot until my Dr. determined that the Flu shot made me sicker than if I got the flu. The first flu shot I ever got was in Navy Boot camp which promptly put me in the hospital two days later. Every flu shot I got after that made me incredibly sick but didn't show up for days. I haven't had a shot now for decades and my Dr. doesn't even recommend it. All this to say that not every shot will manifest "bad" stuff in a few minutes (immediately).

Nope, no thanks, I'm good with being a loner and staying away from other people, on the recommendation of The Little brown Man I got the spike, for the Shingles Virus couple months later 2nd inocu. knocked my dick in the dirt, I was weak as a kitten and cold enough to shiver for 4-6 hrs. that night, Didn't feel right for a day or so and it took several days to be all over whatever kicked my 230lb ass.

Last edited:
This is why we need to balance our risk of covid with the potential risk of the vaccine when deciding whether or not to take it.

Every choice has risks.

My 80 year old parents - emphysema, COPD, risk of death from covid is great. Obviously take it as soon as possible. Since the risk of the vaccine is most likely less than the risk of the disease.

My 10 year old child - very healthy, NOT A SINGLE DEATH from Covid in MA among the age 0-19 age group. I will put off having her vaccinated as long as possible. Conversely, because her risk of death from Covid is nearly zero and the risk from the vaccine is unknown, but probably greater than zero.

I'm a 50ish year old in good shape with no comorbidities. I'll probably wait a few months, just to see if anything horrendous happens and re-evaluate then.
Basically this. Right now, I'm much less concerned about COVID personally than taking this vaccine. I don't expect my evaluation to change unless COVID mutates to Ebola or I get into a higher risk group. So no vaccine for me for the foreseeable future. #mybodymychoice

I'm not an antivaxxer either, but I evaluate each on it's own merits. I've had shingles and I will get that the vaccine soon. Flu shots, maybe when I'm older, but not now.

Nope, no thanks, I'm good with being a loner and staying away from other people,on the recommendation of The Little brown Man fore shingles virus. First innoc was no problemcouple months later 2nd inocu, knocked my dick in the dirt,I was weak as a kitten and cold enough to shiver for 4-6 hrs that night, Dindn; feel rightfor a day or so and it took several days to be al over whatever kicked my 230lb ass.
That sucks, but it sounds like a vacation compared to shingles which can be a solid week of hell and then months of lingering discomfort.

Want to get it? Good for you. Don't? Also good for you.

Want to peer pressure others into getting it? Or require it for certain routine activities (school, travel, etc)? Or blame those who are not getting it for making your job difficult (that's you healthcare workers)? You can f*** right off.

^ Same for you f***tards.

I just read something about someone in AK that had an allergic reaction to the shot about 10 mins after getting it. Suppose there will be a percentage of people that may be allergic to some ingredient.

Bells Palsy huh, that would concern me as I've had it twice before. Luckily no lasting affects, but I wonder if that would make me more likely to get it again hmmm.
The UK issued allergy warnings for the Pfizer version. Cautioned anyone with food, environmental or other allergies.

So just a hypothesis but right now all the hospital workers are being subjected to getting the vaccine. If the vaccine, since there are no real time trials, kills them all then what do we do? At least there will be plenty of job openings for everyone.

I plan on just continuing what I am currently doing behaviorally even after I’m vaccinated. And of course, there are no guarantees.
My perspective is biased as I’ve seen a lot of people (including some young, healthy folks) die of COVID.
Since the test for covid is questionable and since people that have tested positive and die with covid are listed as a death from covid even if that's not what really caused their death. Also just because someone is young and appears healthy inside they really may not be especially if they eat a high starch/carb diet as many people that do aerobic exercises do. So are you really sure all of them died from covid or with covid? As has been pointed out before an intake of Vitamin D3 along with zinc, quercitin, Vitamin C etc. but especially Vitamin D3 can reduce the chances of a serious case and or complications from covid.

I’m still working off that penicillin shot in my ass from the army 30 years ago.

We got a double dose of penicillin when I was in BC...after the shots were administered, the company commander made us kick each other hard in the ass right where the shot was given...it hurt like an SOB but while many of the others were still limping a week later, we were in almost no pain. I guess kicking the shot site broke up the intra-muscle bubble created by the shot and it was able to disperse faster....at least that's what we were told. [grin]

Last February big pharma didn't have a clue how to fight this. Doctors were sharing advice and trying to figure this bug out. Big pharma has been studying aids for 40 plus years. Cancer for at least double that. Where is the aids vaccine? The cancer vaccine or cure? Hep a b c ?

So along comes a brand new bug we know nothing about and miraculously the FDA regs can suddenly be bent, trials shortened, or eliminated. In less then 10 months we go from zero to full on vaccine.

"Brand new bug" is a bit of a stretch. We already have vaccines for another coronavirus (SARS). Comparing it to cancer really shows you're out of your competency level.

Back
Top Bottom