Vacationing in Maine

I'd look through the postings here but I don't really have the time and hope to get a quick answer from anyone willing to help.

If I live in Massachusetts (and I'm licensed in MA) and go up to Maine for a couple days of vacation, can I:

- bring my guns into the state (pistols and rifles)?
- shoot on private property (for example, when I go to VT, I can literally go into the woods - on private property and public property - find a safe place and start blasting away)? Can you do this in Maine?
- From what I can gather, I can't CCW in Maine. Is this correct?

Thank you very much for your help!

Yes... no permit needed for possesion.

- shoot on private property (for example, when I go to VT, I can literally go into the woods - on private property and public property - find a safe place and start blasting away)? Can you do this in Maine?

As long as you have permission from the land ownerand are 300 feet (?) from an occupied dwelling (without the dwelling owners permission)

Right, no CCW unless you have a Maine CCW permit.

Yes... no permit needed for possesion.

As long as you have permission from the land ownerand are 300 feet (?) from an occupied dwelling (without the dwelling owners permission)

Right, no CCW unless you have a Maine CCW permit.

you can open carry, just not in your car loaded.

Back
Top Bottom