Vacation

Don't be shocked if you don't hear from me for a while. Going down south on vacation, leaving Fri AM, will be to busy to post anything tonight or tomorrow. I may or may not post while I'm gone. Back in about 3 to 4 weeks.

Have a safe and happy vacation.

Adam

PS. Remember to bring us back stories of non-gun-hating southern states.

Well, I've been back in VT for a week. Had to come back early due to a very bad family problem.

Marlyn's brother's wife died, unexpectedly. David, her husband, was in Kuwait. They got him back in plenty of time, and he has lots of support from family and friends. They both lived in VT, so, you'll likely meet him later.

I'll post his e-mail address and home address later, so anyone wanting to send him condolences may.

I'll probably go back to work next week.

I'm going to have to convince David to join this forum. He's an avid Shooter, so he should fit in. His prederence leans to semi=auto rifles, especially my L1A1.

Sorry to hear about your loss Nickle. My side of the family lost the oldest member over the weekend. Was my Grandfather's brother.

http://www.dailynewstribune.com/obituaries/view.bg?articleid=64757

Sad thing is that Sunday was his grand nephew's wedding. He was going to be there, but wasn't feeling well that morning and didn't go. I'm very proud of my family - nobody at the wedding got the news of Uncle Tony's passing because they all had their cell phones turned off. It was a VERY crowded wake last night, and my parents told me that the funeral was equally as crowded today.

I remember Uncle Tony replacing the roof on my parents house almost 30 years ago (when he was 'only' in his mid 60's) and he'd take the bundles of shingles up the ladder two at a time on his shoulder. He was still riding horses up until a few years ago. I last saw him in June at the family picnic where he went from table to table tasting various dishes and even scolded our dog for begging. (^_^)

Thanks for all the kind comments. I've already passed on everyones condolences to David. He says thanks for your concern and support.

Chris, condolences to you as well.

Back
Top Bottom