• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Vacation in NH, shops to see?

I'm in Troy, NH for the week. Wondering if there are any firearm and related shops I should check out around Troy, Keene, Marlborough, NH area. I want to see what its like in a real state.

I'm in Troy, NH for the week. Wondering if there are any firearm and related shops I should check out around Troy, Keene, Marlborough, NH area. I want to see what its like in a real state.

I'm curious about this, too, but from what I know most of the bigger shops in NH are in the eastern half of the state.

-Mike

Only shop I am familiar with in that general vicinity is Stateline Guns in Mason. They do Class III and have a very capable gunsmithing operation. I have consulted with Paul (owner) on numerous projects and he is ridiculously knowledgeable about antique arms.

Shooters outpost in Hooksett NH definitely!

Disclaimer: If you buy ammo in that shop and show a MA driver license they are going to ask for your MA LTC.......lots of guys get all ass hurt on the forum about that shop asking for MA LTC..........but it is a clean, well stocked, and great shop IMO

Only shop I am familiar with in that general vicinity is Stateline Guns in Mason. They do Class III and have a very capable gunsmithing operation. I have consulted with Paul (owner) on numerous projects and he is ridiculously knowledgeable about antique arms.

Tell Paul you're on vacation and ask to see his unbelievable miniature firearms collection. He has some really cool stuff you won't believe.

Thanks for starting this thread. I'll be hiking in the white mountains August 20-22nd, and I too was curious about where to stop on my way home.

How about the Laconia and North Conway areas where I will be going for two weeks?

Skips in Bristol (little far from Laconia) is one of the nicer shops I've found in the area. It's about 15 minutes from exit 23 off 93, worth the drive in my opinion. Belmont firearms is also a great shop. Has class III stuff to shoot, really close to Laconia.

How about the Laconia and North Conway areas where I will be going for two weeks?

I haven't been there, but in North Conway you have White Mountains Firearms | A great selection of firearms and accessories, North Conway, NH

And in Whitefield, about 30 miles from NC, there's Guns bought and sold, all types of firearms | Village Gun Store

(Village Gun caught some crap here for allowing an anti-gun politician speak there, but he was overwhelmed and negated by the pro-gun crowd.)

Shooters outpost in Hooksett NH definitely!

Disclaimer: If you buy ammo in that shop and show a MA driver license they are going to ask for your MA LTC.......lots of guys get all ass hurt on the forum about that shop asking for MA LTC..........but it is a clean, well stocked, and great shop IMO

Troy is about 1 1/2 hours from here. Monadnock rod and gun is near there though if you wanna hit a range talk to some members.

In Lakes region:
- Belmont Firearms (Class III and tactical stuff)
- Martels (Hunting, antiques, milsurps and fishing)
- Average Joes (Small shop, impressive ammo selection)
- Franks (Hunting and some reloading supplies)
- Abes (Little bit of everything plus knives)
- Skips (Big shop with everything, similar to Rileys)

Any places near Winnesquam/Tilton?

None, see post #16 above

There is a place on Rt 12 Near Swanzey. Mostly archery, But he usually has some interesting guns for sale as well. I forgot the name of the place.

Lakes Region shops

Skips Gun and Sport on rt 3a in Bristol (case lots of ammo usually in stock) Go upstairs!
Abes Awesome Armaments on rt 104 in New Hampton
Average Joe's Hunting and Fishing on rt 11 in Belmont NH
Belmont Firearms and Range on rt 106 in Belmont

Back
Top Bottom