• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

va loan...

jarhead77

Banned
Hey guys i am looking for some information on were to go. i was going to go through bank of America but had some bad experiences. i live and will be looking in worcester county to middlesex county areas. does anyone know of banks that i can go through or independent places? any help would be great. thank you.

Semper Fi

contact Brian Risler @ Wells Fargo 413-737-2721 ex. 1017

I used him for my purchase back in March and he made the whole VA process (and I do mean process) alot easier.

check out usaa.com, i use them for a lot of things and they have been nothing but helpful.

I also used USAA for my VA loan. They outsourced me to "PHH Mortgage Services." Overall I'm pretty happy I guess. (It's a mortgage company....)

USAA has always done right with me for mortgage and insurance. They have two banks that they are part of.. one was PHH and I can't recall the other. We had some storm damage and USAA was good to deal with (ie. insurance) but when PHH (USAA bank for mortgage) got involved, it went downhill as PHH liked to hold the checks months after the work had been done and inspected. We are looking to move in the Spring and will probably opt to try the second bank instead of PHH.

I just got my VA Home loan for a house that I purchased while I was home on leave from Iraq. Well the closing happened after my leave was over. But it was a P I T A for me since my commander was in Iraq at the time that I needed to get a letter from him for my cert of eligibly. Once I get that from the rear det commander, and was back in Iraq I need a "Alive and Well Statement" for the closing. It needed to be dated the day of the closing. Even though I was on the phone for the closing. Also the VA did hold up the closing with their inspection. I needed to get an extension from the seller, Just a thought. It could be a P I T A. It sure was worth the extra leg work.

Best of luck to you.

I did mine through Mount Vernon Mortgage in Weymouth. All I had to do was give her my DD214 and sign a piece of paper. Excellent.

Back
Top Bottom