• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

VA benefits are in danger

Last edited:
The pant-shitters are getting better and better at writing clickbait thread titles.

They arent in danger now, but the fact that there are people in the government who are openly supporting f***ing around with it should make everyone pause considering all the insane shit the government has been doing since 2001, and especially in 2020 and 2021.

Granted, the video was entertaining as the content creator is pretty funny.

That said, the government is playing this as "smart" as they can. They are specifically targeting financially successful disable veterans (and or veterans with a financially successful spouse). I suspect there's no shortage of people who would be 100% ok with a lot of the proposed rule changes that he talks about in the video. The reason why I'd never support any of it regardless of it's impact on people who might not even need it is because it's opening that can of worms. Sure, they will start with the well off people but it's obvious it would never end there.

The VA is a little scary.

Joe has decided he needs those funds to buy votes from inner city minorities and gay/gender confused upper middle class white millennials.

Honestly it’s good for the cause. Those Vets will think long and hard about how they sacrificed for the corrupt DC politicians who lied them into a 20 year long war that ended up making our enemies stronger.

To spare everyone some stress and heartache just prepare for your butthole to get stretched by everything the government touches, as of, say…the last 100 yrs or two? C’monnnn man.

Don’t let the anger cloud your attention to detail. We can handle these retards when the time comes.

They do this every 3 years I think? Whenever the Congressional budget office does thier assessment ….it never goes anywhere and it never will. In order to pay VA benefits to Veterans you need the biggest bureaucratic and corrupt agency in the world to administer those benefits. Ain’t no way in the world the Fed is getting rid of its biggest corrupt agency.

So someone who has been deemed worthy of 40-50k a year due to injuries/trauma sustained in combat should have that docked because they have found success DESPITE their trauma (or worse yet, their spouse has)?

This also doesn’t account for long term planning taking into account a permanent award. If you are getting 4K a month tax free a year until you die, your retirement planning is substantially different than if you are not.

Being a Trophy Husband is now a problem. Or could be. LoL

As for those who say it won't happen. Some said that before they started to close our military bases as well. The base I was stationed at, was on the suggested list over and over and over. Till in 1991 they gave us a date in 1992 to close. I was on the hammer team closing buildings up.

Since the Dems do not control both the House and Senate. I do not think it is likely pass if they do. But, stupid things tend to happen these days

Attack the veterans and social security takers.

I hope the younger generation is taking notes on how they will also get f***ed by the fickle fingers of fate.

1) Give $2000 checks to every citizen during covid. 2) Give grants/loans to any business during covid 3) forgive the loans 4) declare gov't is broke 5) Reduce VA budget

CBO is basically attempting to reduce 100% disabled vets income by 40% per month. In VA math, 10% + 10% + 10% = 10%. VA math lists 90% + 10% +10% = 90%. Most veterans rated at 90% will apply for TDIU (unemployability) and get rated at 100%. and receive $3600/mo. CBO theory is you are no longer unemployable at 67 but retired so you should not continue the TDIU rating. This would drop the veteran back to 90% or $2200/mo or about a 40% reduction.

If you are rated at 100% you probably receive SSDI. This automatically reverts to SSI at 67. If you have maxed out SSI at $3700 then you can still maintain a decent lifestyle. If you aren't maxed out then you are going to take a big 40% hit. Stock up on beans and rice.

What really pisses me off is Warren/Markey/Moulton et al managed to push through stupid earmarks such as the $3,000,000 amount for bandstand improvements at Wahconah Park in Pittsfield.
Seriously, $3Mil for a bandstand and they're trying to push a disabled vet into poverty???

Vets who make $125,000 a year don't need VA Disability as much as vets who only have VA Disability which is only $3,300 a month.

Maybe we need to cut Social Security from rich seniors, also.

1) Give $2000 checks to every citizen during covid. 2) Give grants/loans to any business during covid 3) forgive the loans 4) declare gov't is broke 5) Reduce VA budget

CBO is basically attempting to reduce 100% disabled vets income by 40% per month. In VA math, 10% + 10% + 10% = 10%. VA math lists 90% + 10% +10% = 90%. Most veterans rated at 90% will apply for TDIU (unemployability) and get rated at 100%. and receive $3600/mo. CBO theory is you are no longer unemployable at 67 but retired so you should not continue the TDIU rating. This would drop the veteran back to 90% or $2200/mo or about a 40% reduction.

If you are rated at 100% you probably receive SSDI. This automatically reverts to SSI at 67. If you have maxed out SSI at $3700 then you can still maintain a decent lifestyle. If you aren't maxed out then you are going to take a big 40% hit. Stock up on beans and rice.

What really pisses me off is Warren/Markey/Moulton et al managed to push through stupid earmarks such as the $3,000,000 amount for bandstand improvements at Wahconah Park in Pittsfield.
Seriously, $3Mil for a bandstand and they're trying to push a disabled vet into poverty???
The examples you give will not apply because there are income thresholds assigned. It’s still bs and will go nowhere. The pos VA director even said not a chance. There is no reason to keep the corrupt VA system going if they try this shit, and they have many times before.

Back
Top Bottom