• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

"V" is for Victory - RANGE REPORT

majspud

NES Life Member
NES Member
Finally got my Victory. This was the one at Patriot Arms posted in another thread. Called and made arrangements with Larry. Nice people to deal with. Sold my M1900 Browning to fund about half of it. As a .38 special, this little piggy most likely stayed home during WWII, but the SN might be within the Navy issue. I'll have to check on that. The .38 special commonly with a 4 inch barrel went to U.S. forces (about 352,000), and the .38/200 S/W cartridge commonly with a 5 inch barrel went out as lend lease (about 571,629). Production of the 4th military and police (Victory) version of the S/W Model 1905 ran from early 1942 until August 1945, totaling 811,119 units. This one with a SN of 353K dates to about August of '43 and is matched correctly to the right grip. Crane and crane recess are numbered to each other as appropriate. Bore is very good, no import mark.

http://s470.photobucket.com/user/majspud/slideshow/SW Victory

Thanks,

T

Last edited:
yeah that is a nice one, I checked it out up there a couple of weeks ago when I picked up my Krag. Very nice example!

Range report. Bright sun, 61 degrees, very windy. 39 feet, 30 rounds Federal 150gr round nose. Pistol shot high cold, then a little lower. All shots were DA. A couple of times the action seemed to hang up, then go, causing the flyers. Handle is a little small for me, and the trigger reach about 1cm to far for comfort. Fun to shoot though.

Went back to the antique store and got another Bond Poster; this one with Uncle Sam. They'll look real nice once my Den gets painted next month.

T

Range report. Bright sun, 61 degrees, very windy. 39 feet, 30 rounds Federal 150gr round nose. Pistol shot high cold, then a little lower. All shots were DA. A couple of times the action seemed to hang up, then go, causing the flyers. Handle is a little small for me, and the trigger reach about 1cm to far for comfort. Fun to shoot though.

Went back to the antique store and got another Bond Poster; this one with Uncle Sam. They'll look real nice once my Den gets painted next month.

T

Nice.. I have not taken my to the range yet to see how well it shots. I have just test fired it. That is good for 39 feet. Nice shooting.

Back
Top Bottom