Uzi semi auto carbine question

Pre ban is also how I read it.
Can the Model B be NFA’ed into FA? It sounds like the Model A is no problem for the conversion.
Forgive my ignorance but this all just came up and my MG guy is unavailable to ask questions to.
I never even wanted one up till a couple of hours ago while I was food shopping.

Pre ban is also how I read it.
Can the Model B be NFA’ed into FA? It sounds like the Model A is no problem for the conversion.
Forgive my ignorance but this all just came up and my MG guy is unavailable to ask questions to.
I never even wanted one up till a couple of hours ago while I was food shopping.

Um, sure if you are a type 07 SOT.

Otherwise no you may not convert a semi to fullauto, per the 1986 law.

Spend $15K for a transferrable.......it's cheaper than a lawyer and fines and a ten year stay in the federal pen.

Absolutely! I have the poster to boot!.... A little info on Uzi Models A vs B:

and a video

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APFDd7fJGPE

Ill Dig out my CDNN ad from 1995 that had the Norinco 320 that I bought for $329:

H4701-L41290109.jpg

Last edited:
Ill Dig out my CDNN ad from 1995 that had the Norinco 320 that I bought for $329:

I remember those, I almost bought one at a gun show back in the day, but was totally unimpressed with the fit and finish. Glad I held out for a real model B instead, I also feel comforted by owning a genuine Israeli made firearm too.

Yep...picked up the Norinco when I was in college and broke. IMI guns were out of my price range. Wound up having the parkerizing blasted off and refinished it in a Duracoat semi-gloss black a while back. After 20 years of shooting it, I replaced a few parts with IMI parts and it just keeps chuging along. The mag it came with had a weird U shaped sheet metal block in it to limit the mag to 10 rounds. Wooden thumbhole is gone, some US parts cured the 922 curse.

Um, sure if you are a type 07 SOT.

Otherwise no you may not convert a semi to fullauto, per the 1986 law.

Spend $15K for a transferrable.......it's cheaper than a lawyer and fines and a ten year stay in the federal pen.

Matt from Demo Ranch bought a transferable '86 FA UZI for $15k at auction. Looks fun as hell. Wish I had $15k UZI money. I stupidly spend that money on food and housing.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPNS4vUlX60

I’m still waiting for the seller to provide numbers. Multi state transfer needed.

I don’t pay retard numbers and I sure as hell won’t start now.

What a bunch or irresponsible idiots.

That's kind of his M/O on that channel. The surprising part is that I actually first saw this guy on his veterinarian channel. I later saw this gun channel completely separately and it took a while before I realized the gun nut guy is the same guy as the rather normal animal doctor guy.

You could drop a FA registered bolt into it
You would also need to change out the top cover to the ratchet SMG one, and the grip frame/Trigger group...to a 3 position model (both should be available somewhere. The top cover isn't a lotta money (about 20.00 the SMG 3 position grip frame maybe about 150.00 )

i have an imi mod A FA.. reg receiver. It uses a welded up slotted bolt. So afaik this prevents you from dropping in the standard fa bolt. You would need to mill off the slot in the receiver. I have been told that this is a no no.

if there is an eligible person out there, I might be persuaded to sell.

Back in 2005 or so I considered buying some Class III just for investment. Sure fun range toys, but mostly for investment. Alas, I decided it was too much $ to put into too few items so I passed. I wanna say an MP5 was going for $8500 or something. The appreciation would have been better than the stock market for that period. LOL. (North of $40K now.)

Wow I paid a whole 1850 plus 200 tax stamp for my first full auto uzi:D:D:D

Yup, those were definitely the days. My first three brand new Vector Uzis were $2200 with stamp, the next four were $3200+stamp a year later. Crazy times when product gets short.

Bought an M11/9 with 10 new Zytel mags and a $130.00 case for $700+stamp. It's worth 10X that now alone.

A few years ago I built my own Model A as a pistol.
I used a BWE receiver and a standard parts kit. Later I bought a new grip stick with Hebrew markings.
I built it as a 9mm but also with a 45 bolt and barrel.
Having built it as a pistol I have the 10.5" 9mm and 45 barrels.
When I want to use a stock, I have to switch the barrel to the 16"
I can have the QD wooden stock, and use it because once its removed the gun just turns into a 16" barreled pistol.
I have a foldable stock on it when its in a pistol form because I have a welded-up (folded) stock for the looks.

Using the BWE receiver, my UZI is a Machinegun SPEC semi auto. I use FA barrels, and don't need a different Dia. grip pin.
My build cost me about $1750. 5-6 years ago.

RC

Back
Top Bottom