• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

UZI build progress

Good suggestion... calling right now.. I just hate to be a PITA... but, I think I paid enough to expect it to be finished properly.. everything about it seems 1st class.. except that..

Thanks,

They aint cheap and you have every right to complain about sharp edges everywhere

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk Pro - typos are from the GD auto correct unless they are funny substitutions those I'll take credit for.

sent an email to Guy, ... here's the response... what do you think/

Hi Jack, First complaint for that but I suppose they could be tapered a bit on top. Only so much time I can put into them for the money and to properly chamfer each hole a few thousands would require yet another manual step in the process. Maybe I can find a end mill that size with a built in taper at the top like a step drill but I've yet to see one. I tried to drill these at one point but had to go to a straight high speed end mill as the drilling process tried to pull and tear the the aluminum instead of creating a clean hole.

Guy Votuc

www.Titleiiarms.com
FFL 07/C2 Manufacturer

sent an email to Guy, ... here's the response... what do you think/

Hi Jack, First complaint for that but I suppose they could be tapered a bit on top. Only so much time I can put into them for the money and to properly chamfer each hole a few thousands would require yet another manual step in the process. Maybe I can find a end mill that size with a built in taper at the top like a step drill but I've yet to see one. I tried to drill these at one point but had to go to a straight high speed end mill as the drilling process tried to pull and tear the the aluminum instead of creating a clean hole.

Guy Votuc

www.Titleiiarms.com
FFL 07/C2 Manufacturer

I would ask him if he would check it out and see if there is anything he could do about it i understand what he is saying but even a simple deburring would probably have taken care of it. Maybe the end mill was dull and raised more of a burr on this one. If it is an issue that he wont resolve let me know -i might be able to refinish it with gun kote fir you.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk Pro - typos are from the GD auto correct unless they are funny substitutions those I'll take credit for.

Thank you much for the offer to help.... I really appreciate it. But now you got me thinking.. heck, not crazy about the gloss finish... I'll deburr it with a larger drill .... and paint it with the paint I used on my receiver... I understand where he is coming from on the time and cost... but I would rather pay a few more bucks and have it right. Honestly, I am certain anyone here would have noticed this issue right away... as soon as I was screwing it on... I was like... wtf.. and I am a mechanic, so it's not like I have girlie hands... [smile]

Last edited:
I'm interested in building one for myself. I'm an experienced mechanic and I have the tools and the equipment. I've built ar15s. Would you guys recommend this for my first real gun build? I would buy the welded receiver, a compete parts kit and a barrel. Is there any literature you guys would recommend? Thanks.

I'm interested in building one for myself. I'm an experienced mechanic and I have the tools and the equipment. I've built ar15s. Would you guys recommend this for my first real gun build? I would buy the welded receiver, a compete parts kit and a barrel. Is there any literature you guys would recommend? Thanks.

The Uzi It is a great build. Check out my build thread in the build it yourself section. It goes step by step. One of the most fun range toys i have.

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=145546

Last edited:
party-hard.gif

Ok, I texted for some help on disassembly... no can do. Guy said it basically is welded and epoxied... it's not designed to come apart.. have to figure out how to debur it and then paint it without painting the inside aluminum... hmmmmmmm. might have to just leave it alone and live with it... I have a forward grip... it just bothers me now.. kinda like the Ma trigger on my M&P's.... I thought they were fine until someone pointed out they were 10lbs and could be much lighter with a few bucks worth of parts..

Not to thread-jack but I finally assembled my build -- not too bad at all! I had to do some file-work on the rear piece of the receiver that hold the top cover latch, but it was a 10 min job. Seems things hand cycle great! I just need to test fire, then media blast and Cerekote.

Great project!

Uzi by maswell, on Flickr

Why did I have to come back to this thread..... like I needed another Uzi kit.. ok, on order.... I enjoyed building my last one.

Looks like you only need the barrel, the 16" one is a good one and the semi -auto blocking bar to prevent full auto. Both parts are on the Mckay parts list. I think I used a washer on mine though.. you will need a 16" barrel unless you are doing an SBR... also, I took the fold up stock and tac welded each fold up joint to make it Ma. legal

Back
Top Bottom