UV-5R DUAL BAND Ligntning Deal $30.99

I clicked on this thread thinking we may be able to use these on our annual camping trip to Umbagog Lake and saw your name. A handful of us are up there every year. Good times.

I clicked on this thread thinking we may be able to use these on our annual camping trip to Umbagog Lake and saw your name. A handful of us are up there every year. Good times.

We love camping the wilderness sites. The smallies are slabs, and they're one after another in the spring. Rubber worms can do no wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

No need to jump on this deal without doing your research (plenty of discussion here and elsewhere). This radio has been running about $30 for two months:
http://camelcamelcamel.com/BaoFeng-UV-5R-136-174-400-480-Dual-Band/product/B007H4VT7A

Good to know, seems like a way to learn for short money.

Yup. the first two years we canoed all of our stuff out to the sites. Then we got smart and dished out the cash for the pontoon to take us out with all the gear. Yamamotos seem to do the trick for me.

We love camping the wilderness sites. The smallies are slabs, and they're one after another in the spring. Rubber worms can do no wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Good to know, seems like a way to learn for short money.

Dumb question time. When I search the Amazone for baofung, it brings up a bunch of different radios - UV-5R, UV-5R+, UV-5RA. Anyone know if these are different radios or what the difference is?

If you are looking for a new radio, look at the UV82 which is the upgraded replacement for the uv5R. A little more expensive (~$50) but has a better battery and a few more bells and whistles. Sold on ebay and Amazon.

Back
Top Bottom