Utah non resident CCW?

SteelShooter

NES Member
Did the non resident permitting get eliminated for MA? I haven't seen any classes recently and the Utah website says they don't issue for non residents that don't live in a reciprocity state.

MFS still offers the class, so maybe it's just not high in demand?

https://bci.utah.gov/concealed-firearm/how-do-i-apply-for-a-concealed-firearm-permit/

• Non-resident proof of permit. If you reside in a state that recognizes the validity of the Utah CFP or has reciprocity with Utah, you must obtain a CFP or CCW from your home state and submit a copy of it with your application for a Utah permit. For a list of reciprocal states click here. You are considered a resident of whichever state issued your ID. If your state does not recognize the Utah permit this does not apply.

Since MA doesn't recognize Utah CFP, you have no need to provide proof. Just submit app as normal.

Last edited:
Better off with Pennsylvania non resident IMO

And who are you to decide what is better for the OP? Get the **** outta here with that shit.

OP: Call MFS and ask some questions, especially if you intend to take the class there. When I was a Mass Resident, I got my Utah license, send them a photocopy of my resident LTC, and they issued it without further issue. Additionally when I moved to another state, they updated my address and again, no issues.

Thanks for the input. I'm going to be Rving out to Utah via a southern route. I'm not opposed to getting more than one, so PA and UT if it make sense based on my travel route.

I have UT Non-Resident and recently became a MA resident again... I hope that isn't the case. I know who I'm calling tomorrow.

Thanks for the input. I'm going to be Rving out to Utah via a southern route. I'm not opposed to getting more than one, so PA and UT if it make sense based on my travel route.
PA is simple, but you have to go in person to the county sherrif and not all will issue to non residents. There's an entire thread here about that with good info.

Utah is a class and a mail in, overall an easier process

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

PA is simple, but you have to go in person to the county sherrif and not all will issue to non residents. There's an entire thread here about that with good info.

Utah is a class and a mail in, overall an easier process

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

UT gets you all the same states as PA with the addition of NE and WA. But it appears that UT doesn't recognize PA (NH non-resident does).

http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_carry_permit_reciprocity_maps.html

Ok, this Utah thing...I was told once that if you are getting it so you can carry in NH (but you live in MA) then don't bother...because, NH only recognizes a UT permit if you are RESIDENT of Utah...is that true?

Ok, this Utah thing...I was told once that if you are getting it so you can carry in NH (but you live in MA) then don't bother...because, NH only recognizes a UT permit if you are RESIDENT of Utah...is that true?

Check the NH AG website, last I looked this was true. Agreements are always subject to change and therefore it pays to go to the source info before traveling to ensure you have up to date info.

it's like that with a couple of states. you have to check each state. I wasn't sure or I had heard the same thing about NH...can't really remember but after I got my Utah I applied for and got my NH as well. And I'm going to apply for the Maine non-res too. Been meaning too for months just haven't done it yet. But I will.

This was correct when I got my NH and Utah non-resident less than a year ago.

Yes, there is no way for an MA resident to wallhack the NH $100 permit so don't even bother/think/try to do it.

-Mike

- - - Updated - - -

I got utah license to carry in PA.

You have fun with that, I would double check PA's BS if I were you, they seem to change their mind about non-resident-based CCW license reciprocity at random odd intervals.

-Mike

Correction:

Jon Green does an outstanding job of teaching any course that he teaches.

I'm an Instructor thanks to Jon Green . . . I took my NRA BP/HFS Instructor courses with him. He does an awesome job. It really shows when someone is both competent and loves to teach . . . the end product is so much better. Too many look at teaching merely as a way to make money and that shows too (negatively).

I got utah license to carry in PA.

Did the Utah class today at MFS, PA no longer has reciprocity with Utah.

The class was not what I expected, more of just filling out the form and getting a stamp from a Utah certified instructor. They gave us the fingerprint page, photo and forms, still need to submit the forms and pay $47 to Utah.

Back
Top Bottom