• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Utah Non-Resident CCW Application

Mailed the application in today, it's my understanding that by law, Utah has no more than 60 days to issue (assuming everything checks out correctly). Was told by the instructor more than likely, closer to 70 days. Anyone who has applied recently have any real time frame experience?
TIA

Mailed the application in today, it's my understanding that by law, Utah has no more than 60 days to issue (assuming everything checks out correctly). Was told by the instructor more than likely, closer to 70 days. Anyone who has applied recently have any real time frame experience?
TIA

Sent mine in 3/10, just saw that my check was cashed on 4/5....not sure if that means anything.
Other forums have posted that countdown starts from when they cash your check, if so I presume I have another 60 or so days to go...

I hope it's earlier...

Sent mine in 3/10, just saw that my check was cashed on 4/5....not sure if that means anything.
Other forums have posted that countdown starts from when they cash your check, if so I presume I have another 60 or so days to go...

I hope it's earlier...
This is why I sent certified mail. The countdown then starts when they take receipt. Not to mention with all that info you have in that envelope, you want to make sure it gets there.

Per my phone conv. with them, they say that countdown starts when the payment clears. I was really hoping that I could get the permit, because I am travelling to a state that honors UT and would be there for a few weeks. I would feel much better if I had my sidearm with me... doesnt seem like its gonna happen.

And the sad thing is, that the UT permit WILL arrive after I have left for the state. Now having someone to mail me my gun and permit, etc.... its a big hassle, and I wont wanna get involved in it - not to mention, I dont want anyone and everyone, shipping/knowing about my personal belongings of this sort ;)

Back
Top Bottom