Utah non res

Does anyone have any info on satisfying the requirement for the "Weapon Familiarity Certification" that must accompany your app? I see that an instructor has to fill in that section of the app for you and sign it.

I also noticed that your app must be made within 1 year of completing such a course.

My question is, does the NRA basic pistol class that I took at GOAL to get my LTC count? And considering that I took that class just about a year go today or yesterday, what are my options?

Any help would be appreciated because I'd like multi-state LTC coverage.

here is a link to the app for anyone else who may be interested:

http://www.des.utah.gov/bci/docs/ccwapp.pdf

Ken Maurer just ran a great class for a Utah license up at the Westford Sportsmen's club. You may want to see if he will be running another.

Rich

Just to be completely fair, here's the complete list of out-of-state instructors for the Utah CCW. They show 6 in Connecticut, 5 in Massachusetts, 2 in Maine, and 1 each in the other 3 New England states. There may be a few instructors who chose not to have their contact information made public by Utah. I'll be doing another class sometime in April.

Ken

Last edited:
Notice under Arizona, the name Stephen Yarosh with a NH phone number. That's Mike Yarosh, a member of this forum and he lives on the North Shore of MA. I'm pretty sure that the phone number isn't valid any more.

Back
Top Bottom