Utah non res license valid in PA?

Every website I look at says PA dropped Utah non-res and is not valid in PA for CC.

PAFOA stats:

The restrictions say "she has changed Pennsylvania's policy of honoring permits from certain states only if the holder is not a Pennsylvania resident, or also holds a Pennsylvania License To Carry Firearms."

I assume they now honor UTAH non res with a MA resident?

USACARRY.com says no
https://www.usafirearmtraining.com/dynamic-ccw-permit-reciprocity-map-builder/
says no also.

If in doubt just get a non-resident PA permit. Drive out to Centre County and Sheriff Denny Nau will issue one. He's very pro Second Amendment. If you had acted sooner you could have done it by mail. However, now they have a digital photo requirement so you have to do it in person. I think the charge is $20 for a five year license. I renewed my non resident permit four years ago and it took less than 15 minutes without an appointment. I just walked in, had my photo taken, paid the fee, the secretary did a background check and the new permit was issued on the spot.

Licenses are issued by the sheriffs in each county and some have different policies than others so best to call ahead. The Pennsylvania Firearms Owners Association might be able to give you some advice about friendly sheriffs in counties closer than Centre County.

If in doubt just get a non-resident PA permit. Drive out to Centre County and Sheriff Denny Nau will issue one. He's very pro Second Amendment. If you had acted sooner you could have done it by mail. However, now they have a digital photo requirement so you have to do it in person. I think the charge is $20 for a five year license. I renewed my non resident permit four years ago and it took less than 15 minutes without an appointment. I just walked in, had my photo taken, paid the fee, the secretary did a background check and the new permit was issued on the spot.

Licenses are issued by the sheriffs in each county and some have different policies than others so best to call ahead. The Pennsylvania Firearms Owners Association might be able to give you some advice about friendly sheriffs in counties closer than Centre County.

Denny was great to deal with but he retired a few years ago.

People here have had good luck with Lackawanna.

Back
Top Bottom