Utah Mom, 39, Dies Days After Receiving Second Dose of Moderna Vaccine

I think it is semantics by people that do not like them.
They cling to vaccine being narrowly defined as needing to be dead/weakened virus.
Similarly, they call the COVID vaccines gene therapies, which they are not by traditional definitions, since the COVID vaccines do not alter your DNA or take the place of other genes.
I would say it comes from people like you who say things along the lines of "historically a vaccine does x". Historically no other vaccines are like these new ones, which means everyone is talking out of their ass because we don't know what they do long-term.

New experimental vaccine plus 99% survival rate equals no thanks.

I would say it comes from people like you who say things along the lines of "historically a vaccine does x". Historically no other vaccines are like these new ones, which means everyone is talking out of their ass because we don't know what they do long-term.

Again just curious, for a new pandemic disease (which the long term effects are not known either) at what survival rate would you decide to take a new vaccine?

The Johnson and Johnson vaccine is a traditional dead virus vaccine.

I have a few people I know who are older (>60) with significant prior health issues like heart and multiple lung cancers that will be getting the vaccine. But I honestly don't know any person under 50 at work or friend that is getting it.
In The Future, All States Are Florida Dept.​

When a vaccination card is required to go out to eat,
will all restaurants have Early-Bird Specials to lure in the Seasoned Citizens?
You do realize the Chinese Sinovac vaccine is a traditional weakened / dead virus vaccine?
64cbc2a9459e303bb63154f38babab6c.jpg

Again just curious, for a new pandemic disease (which the long term effects are not known either) at what survival rate would you decide to take a new vaccine?
This is an excellent question that I do not have a definitive answer to.

I will say that I took the pandemic very seriously in the beginning, avoiding contact with people, wiping down all surfaces with disinfectant towels, (including wiping down grocery packaging when it came in the house,) and if the mortality rate were higher I would have continued isolating myself and being extremely careful.

But, as time went on I leaned that a dozen people I knew personally had gotten the virus and shook it off quickly. These people ranged in age from 3 years old to 90 years old.

But to me, over time, the numbers just weren’t there. Those dying had multiple co-mobidities and age was not on their side.

To summarize, If the death rate were higher and I was more at risk I would not take an experimental vaccine and would have become more isolated instead.

I would have to ask my daughter, an expert, at what survival rate taking the vaccine would make sense. I have no idea.

Nope.
The Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine is a colorless to slightly yellow, clear to very opalescent sterile
suspension for intramuscular injection. It contains no visible particulates. The vaccine consists of
a replication-incompetent recombinant adenovirus type 26 (Ad26) vector expressing the severe
acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus-2 (SARS-CoV-2) spike (S) protein in a stabilized
conformation.
The Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine is composed of a recombinant, replication-incompetent human
adenovirus type 26 vector that, after entering human cells, expresses the SARS-CoV-2 spike (S)
antigen without virus propagation. An immune response elicited to the S antigen protects against
COVID-19.

You could travel to Mexico and get the Chinese Sinovac (CoronaVac). That is a more traditional inactivated virus vaccine, although it is made in China...

Utilitarianism is a bitch to reconcile with morality, although maybe not with logic and reason.

From the Left-wing Statist perspective:

Economic shutdowns are good for Society, we can't let the old and weak die.
Vaccines are good for Society, only a few young people will die.

The point being that it is logically and rationally inconsistent (ie, hypocritical) to have advocated for extended or continued shutdowns and advocated for widespread vaccination.

As with just about everything, Utilitarianism is twisted beyond rationality to drive political motives.

Physical Therapist, 28, Dies Two Days After Receiving COVID-19 Vaccine
InfoWars. Ok, now I'll find something on HuffPo to counter it.

Though in all seriousness, I don't doubt that people will die. The math should be whether the risk of the vaccine is greater or less than the risk of the virus.

For my parents it was an easy choice. (get it). For my kids its an easy choice (wait).

For those of us in the middle its not so simple.

InfoWars. Ok, now I'll find something on HuffPo to counter it.

Though in all seriousness, I don't doubt that people will die. The math should be whether the risk of the vaccine is greater or less than the risk of the virus.

For my parents it was an easy choice. (get it). For my kids its an easy choice (wait).

For those of us in the middle its not so simple.
Yea man I wouldn't want to face a 99.8% survival rate on my own, that's scary.

Yeah. I'm shaking in my boots.

You're last sentence must have just been for the drama then. It's ok, I just don't see the "not so simple choice" on a 99.8% survival rate. Once those numbers were put out there, wtf are you all doing? f***ing 99.8% survival, really breathe that number in. In reality fat ass Americans have a higher chance of choking on their twinkies than this thing getting you.

OK, I'll ask the obvious question, how was she able to get vaccinated at 39 years old? (I'm 66 and can't get an appointment)
I don’t know about MA as I’m still stuck in CA a bit longer, but the way I did it was showing up at opening time at a vaccination site that was booked solid, leaving my name and cell number with the nurse in case they had leftovers at the end of the day. They ended up having three, and I was first on their ‘can be here in 5 minutes’ list.

Johnson & Johnson! Ha! The same company being sued for BILLIONS of $ for knowingly selling a product that causes cancer..FOR 10 YEARS! Now THAT'S a company I would trust, especially with NO liability for problems with their vaccine. Side note: Anyone notice the ads soliciting cancer victims of their products..... have mysteriously disappeared from the airwaves???

Over 92 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines were administered in the United States from December 14, 2020, through March 8, 2021. During this time, VAERS received 1,637 reports of death (0.0018%) among people who received a COVID-19 vaccine. CDC and FDA physicians review each case report of death as soon as notified and CDC requests medical records to further assess reports. A review of available clinical information including death certificates, autopsy, and medical records revealed no evidence that vaccination contributed to patient deaths. CDC and FDA will continue to investigate reports of adverse events, including deaths, reported to VAERS.

That's not enough? You also forgot no long term testing conducted. Look no further than zyrtec and baby powder for examples, and those are just the most recent off my head.
Wait what did I miss on zyrtec? It's the only thing that helps when I'm out turkey hunting in the spring.

I mean, everybody dies sometime, if people taking the vaccine became immune to death, now that'd be shocking.

That means that on any given day .006% will die.
“According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS), some 92 million COVID-19 vaccine doses were administered in the U.S. between December 14, 2020 and March 8, 2021. Of those 92 million, VAERS received 1,637 reports of death (0.0018%) among people who received a COVID-19 vaccine.”

Obviously there's some selection bias in who is receiving the vaccine in the early groups, but none of this suggests that many people are dying with the COVID-19 vaccine being a likely cause:
1615818839969.png

Wife and I will definitely play the waiting game WRT the Covid vaccines. She is from the "show me" state of Missouri and is just as cynical as yours truly. In the meantime, these are the products we use to keep our home germ-free. Inexpensive and effective. The clear plastic spray bottles contain Pine-Sol concentrated solution (left) and white vinegar solution (right).

Attachments

• 20210315_102849.jpg
    20210315_102849.jpg
    320.6 KB · Views: 9
Back
Top Bottom