Utah License for NH Resident

I'm sure this info is somewhere but I can't find it. I looked at the requirements for submitting paperwork for the Utah license and it says you need to present a copy of your current license from your state of residence. Well, I live in NH and they don't issue licenses to residents anymore, we are 2A. Soooooo what do you do in that case?

I'm sure this info is somewhere but I can't find it. I looked at the requirements for submitting paperwork for the Utah license and it says you need to present a copy of your current license from your state of residence. Well, I live in NH and they don't issue licenses to residents anymore, we are 2A. Soooooo what do you do in that case?
You most certainly can still get a resident license from your locals. $10.

When did this change?
In 2016 when I was in MA and had no LTC or FID, Utah was one of 2 states that would issue a non-res when you didn't have a license in your home state, NH being the other one. I still have that Utah license

Wait, it didn't change. It says;
  • Non-resident proof of permit. If you reside in a state that recognizes the validity of the Utah CFP or has reciprocity with Utah, you must obtain a CFP or CCW from your home state and submit a copy of it with your application for a Utah permit. For a list of reciprocal states click here. You are considered a resident of whichever state issued your ID. If your state does not recognize the Utah permit this does not apply.

So it isn't necessary for MA but it is for NH, but Utah has reciprocity with Utah so if you get the NH you don't need the Utah

Actually they do re-upped mine 2020. I have a Utah that's do this year too! You need to go to your local Police Chief and request one. Takes about 10 days or less generally. Has to go to both County Sheriff and State Police for background checks.

Back
Top Bottom